CDZ Keeping the kids safe.

[QUOTE="Tommy Tainant, post: 19264288, member: 56584
Perhaps they deserve their own threads ?
This one is about the danger of guns in the home.

Of course it is.

It's always about taking our guns away.

Guess what: we're going to keep our guns, because when seconds count, the police are minutes away, so we're keeping our guns to shoot intruders. And varmints and other such problems. And that's the name of that tune, so stop dressing up YET ANOTHER anti-gun thread with another fake outrage.

There are some freedoms set in stone in 2018, one is guns and the other is freedom to have abortions. Let's keep some freedom around this benighted country.
It could be about a lot of different things. But you dont seem to think that anything could,or should, be done to stop these kids being shot

Like Will wrote you can not stop the stupidity of Parents!

Kids die daily because of a parent or guardian neglect but you only focus on the ones with firearm accidents.

So the answer to your question is to ban breeding and if not well then enjoy because the Second Amendment is not going anywhere!

Well society makes adjustments in many areas to protect kids from the stupidity of their parents.
Safety caps on bleach.
Safety caps on medicines.

Neither of these required the parent to be intelligent.

Why cant guns be made safer ? My phone switches off after 10 minutes without use. Why cant guns do the same ? Why cant law enforcement make visits to gun owners that have kids ?

Gun owners in the UK have home visits as part of the process for having guns. Other countries do the same. Why is there such a problem with reasonable safety measures ?[/QUOTE]

Because the States have this thing call a Constitution and you should learn it before commenting about Police should be allow to visit gun owners homes!

Also people like me that have fine fingerprints can not use certain biometric sensors and have to code in.

Now the split second for me to code in could mean my life.

In the end it is the State that should have stiffer penalties for parents that neglect their children and again read the Constitution!

Of course it is.

Guess what: we're going to keep our guns, because when seconds count, the police are minutes away, so we're keeping our guns to shoot intruders. And varmints and other such problems. And that's the name of that tune, so stop dressing up YET ANOTHER anti-gun thread with another fake outrage.

There are some freedoms set in stone in 2018, one is guns and the other is freedom to have abortions. Let's keep some freedom around this benighted country.
It could be about a lot of different things. But you dont seem to think that anything could,or should, be done to stop these kids being shot

Kids die daily because of a parent or guardian neglect but you only focus on the ones with firearm accidents.

So the answer to your question is to ban breeding and if not well then enjoy because the Second Amendment is not going anywhere!

Well society makes adjustments in many areas to protect kids from the stupidity of their parents.
Safety caps on bleach.

Why cant guns be made safer ? My phone switches off after 10 minutes without use. Why cant guns do the same ? Why cant law enforcement make visits to gun owners that have kids ?

Gun owners in the UK have home visits as part of the process for having guns. Other countries do the same. Why is there such a problem with reasonable safety measures ?

Because the States have this thing call a Constitution and you should learn it before commenting about Police should be allow to visit gun owners homes!

Also people like me that have fine fingerprints can not use certain biometric sensors and have to code in.

In the end it is the State that should have stiffer penalties for parents that neglect their children and again read the Constitution![/QUOTE]
Where does your constitution bar that ?

Of course it is.

Safety caps on bleach.

Gun owners in the UK have home visits as part of the process for having guns. Other countries do the same. Why is there such a problem with reasonable safety measures ?

^^^^ Quote thing is fucked up again, not the first time I have noticed.

"Why cant law enforcement make visits to gun owners that have kids ?"

How would that work? Do you know how many gun owners there are in America? They have 200 million guns. So law enforcement would be spending how much time making visits to all gun owners who have children? In the mean time criminals would be having a great time because so many law enforcement officials would be wasting time visiting gun owners who have children.[/QUOTE]
Take money from the "war on drugs". Safety for kids would be worth spending on. And you could limit it to households with kids. And you could have officers check it out on routine visits. Its not difficult.

Of course it is.

Safety caps on bleach.

How would that work? Do you know how many gun owners there are in America? They have 200 million guns. So law enforcement would be spending how much time making visits to all gun owners who have children? In the mean time criminals would be having a great time because so many law enforcement officials would be wasting time visiting gun owners who have children.
Take money from the "war on drugs". Safety for kids would be worth spending on. And you could limit it to households with kids. And you could have officers check it out on routine visits. Its not difficult.[/QUOTE]

I'm putting this in blue to distinguish my response from the above, this I will do until the Quote function is back to normal.

"Take money from the "war on drugs". Safety for kids would be worth spending on. And you could limit it to households with kids. And you could have officers check it out on routine visits. Its not difficult."

I am not even sure how much they spend on the "war on drugs" but whatever they do spend is a total waste of money as the "war on drugs" has been a complete failure, they have even more drugs on American streets now than they ever had previously.

You would have to determine how many gun households have children in them, you could potentially include them in routine visits, but I do not think this would prevent a child from by accident getting killed by a gun, you cannot logically have law enforcement visiting all these peoples multiple times a day and also night to check and re check if the parents have remembered to put the safety lock on the gun.

Of course it is.

Safety caps on bleach.

In the end it is the State that should have stiffer penalties for parents that neglect their children and again read the Constitution!
Where does your constitution bar that ?[/QUOTE]

I'm putting this in blue to distinguish my response from the above, this I will do until the Quote function is back to normal.

"Where does your constitution bar that ?"

They have this thing called States Rights.

Okay what about if you have a gun because you go hunting?
It wouldn't be a hand gun and it shouldn't be an automatic or semi-automatic gun if it is for hunting: a true sportsman doesn't need an automatic weapon to hunt. And they should be locked up. There should be laws requiring hunting rifles to be locked up. In some countries, people are required to keep hunting guns locked up at a sports club and only take them out when they go hunting or for target practice at the club. The problem with US gun laws is that there are so few restrictions.

Semi automatics are used for all types of hunting.

Automatic weapons are illegal

You are clueless
I know they are used for it and they shouldn't be, that was my point.

Why shouldn't semi automatics be used for hunting? I think if you notice how many peoples own semi automatics for hunting you would see that 98% of them are responsible gun owners.

America has 250 million guns in the hands of predominantly responsible gun owners, why do you want to punish law abiding Americans for a tiny minority of peoples who are either mentally ill or have a grudge against society and go on a shooting spree? Or the tiny minority of children who tragically are killed by a gun by an accident?

Most of the anit-gun writers on this board have no clue how criminals usually get their firearms.

Most of the time ( not all ) guns are eother stolen or straw purchased which make it illegal to have the firearm.

It is easy to buy a stolen gun or get one through straw purchases and yet the seller and criminal are the one used to tell law abiding citizens that they should not be allow to own a firearm because the criminal might get a gun and use it.

Fact is murder is illegal and so is child neglect, so how many more laws does a society need to tell the stupid and criminals that they can not kill or neglect?

Removing the firearm does little to stop the stupidity of humanity but because it goes bang bang the anit-gun writers feel no one should own one...
But the fact is, if there weren't any guns in circulation there wouldn't be any stolen guns. That's how it works in countries with strict gun laws: it is much, much harder for criminals to get their hands on guns.

Of course it is.

Safety caps on bleach.

Gun owners in the UK have home visits as part of the process for having guns. Other countries do the same. Why is there such a problem with reasonable safety measures ?[/QUOTE]
What problem 50 kids in a year is NO problem when the population is 320 million.

Of course it is.

Safety caps on bleach.

How would that work? Do you know how many gun owners there are in America? They have 200 million guns. So law enforcement would be spending how much time making visits to all gun owners who have children? In the mean time criminals would be having a great time because so many law enforcement officials would be wasting time visiting gun owners who have children.
Take money from the "war on drugs". Safety for kids would be worth spending on. And you could limit it to households with kids. And you could have officers check it out on routine visits. Its not difficult.[/QUOTE]
Less then 50 kids a year are killed accidentally with firearms there is NO PROBLEM and yet you rant on and on.

Now you want to outlaw stupidity?

How about outlawing the stupidity of not making kids wear seatbelts while riding in a car?

the stupidity of driving drunk, while kids are in the car?

the stupidity of allowing kids to go swimming without adult supervision?

or a thousand other ways adults show their stupidity in regards to kids?
I am asking questions in the CDZ in the hope it can be discussed in an adult way.

that's what the CDZ is for.

Cars, drunk drivers, swimming pools, are more dangerous than guns to children.

That's why I brought them up
Cars and swimming pools have a purpose completely unrelated to death and violence. Guns have only one purpose: death and violence. The attempt to compare a swmming pool or a car to a gun is to make a false analogy. Try to be logical.
Guns have only one purpose: death and violence.

Wrong

or there would be MILLIONS a year dead because of firearms.

300,000,000 firearms in the hands of civilians..

30,000 dead, ANNUALLY, by firearms

THINK ABOUT IT!!!

We just had one more school shooting today, pro gun anti idiot, yes a safety lock would be one inexpensive simple solution to help the problem, but we have the cant give an inch mentality. all this political hate & confusion must be hard on children who are still in the process of developing there minds.

"yes a safety lock would be one inexpensive simple solution to help the problem"

A safety lock would not prevent a school shooting, all the shooter would have to do would be to remove the safety lock and do the shooting.

Quote) I clearly stated a gun lock would help the problem, not that it would be a solution. about one young child a week dies because an untrained idiot gun owner forgets /cares not about safe storage of there gun.

I am asking questions in the CDZ in the hope it can be discussed in an adult way.

that's what the CDZ is for.

Cars, drunk drivers, swimming pools, are more dangerous than guns to children.

That's why I brought them up
Cars and swimming pools have a purpose completely unrelated to death and violence. Guns have only one purpose: death and violence. The attempt to compare a swmming pool or a car to a gun is to make a false analogy. Try to be logical.

"Guns have only one purpose: death and violence."

Where does self defence fit into that? EG. If a maniac is coming at you with a machete and you have a gun what are you supposed to do? Not shoot him because it will result in his death? Not shooting him results in what exactly? Oh that's right it results in your death. WTF?!
Do you live in a high crime area? Because that is the only reason even thinking about needing a gun for self defense would be logical. And if you live in a high crime area compelling you to be armed, why don't you just move?

Okay what about if you have a gun because you go hunting?
Quote) a trained hunter is one of the good guys.

We just had one more school shooting today, pro gun anti idiot, yes a safety lock would be one inexpensive simple solution to help the problem, but we have the cant give an inch mentality. all this political hate & confusion must be hard on children who are still in the process of developing there minds.

"yes a safety lock would be one inexpensive simple solution to help the problem"

A safety lock would not prevent a school shooting, all the shooter would have to do would be to remove the safety lock and do the shooting.

Quote) I clearly stated a gun lock would help the problem, not that it would be a solution. about one young child a week dies because an untrained idiot gun owner forgets /cares not about safe storage of there gun.

No.....you are wrong.........most of these accidents happen in homes where criminals have their illegal guns accessible agaisnt attacks from other criminals....they can't own the gun in the first place so having a gun lock isn't even on their radar...

AGAIN for the slow and stupid..... less then 50 kids a year die due to accidental firearms use, There is NO problem.
Would you say that to the grieving parents in Florida ?
They were not ACCIDENTALLY shot you can not even stick to your own threads premise can you?
But there were only 17 there. How many will it take before you care about it ?
Again they have nothing to do with this thread this thread is about accidental deaths. You started it you should know that. And 50 out of 320 million is NOT a problem.

AGAIN for the slow and stupid..... less then 50 kids a year die due to accidental firearms use, There is NO problem.
They were not ACCIDENTALLY shot you can not even stick to your own threads premise can you?
Again they have nothing to do with this thread this thread is about accidental deaths. You started it you should know that. And 50 out of 320 million is NOT a problem.
What number would it have to be for it to be a problem ?
100 ?
1000 ?
100000 ?

What number would it have to be for it to be a problem ?
100 ?
1000 ?
100000 ?
A lot more then 50 we have 320 MILLION people in this Country even the murder rate is small less then 10000.

Forum List

Back