Keeping it honest

We are periodically taking a look at past claims from the 2012 presidential candidates. Today's topic: Michele Bachmann.

FactChecking Bachmann | FactCheck.org

Strangely, I think Michele Bachman has suddenly turned into a strong candidate overall.

We are periodically taking a look at past claims from the 2012 presidential candidates. Today's topic: Michele Bachmann.

Strangely, I think Michele Bachman has suddenly turned into a strong candidate overall.

Thanks very much for the links. Bachmann has actually told more lies then I gave her credit for. It's such a shame that the Repubs that like her automatically believe everything she says.

I will be very surprised if she could carry NH. I think that is going to Romney. But she might be able to pick up Iowa. I'm looking forward to the primaries, they might really be very interesting. I really don't see any Repub candidate right now that could beat Obama.

Romney claimed that "we didn't raise taxes in Massachusetts" to pay for his health care law. In fact, his successor imposed a $1-a-pack tax increase on cigarettes to pay for the new law.

I am not quite sure how that is dishonest.......:eusa_eh:

The Independent Payment Advisory Board, as we have written about three times before, is prohibited from rationing care. In fact, the law on page 490 specifically bars the advisory board from making “any recommendation to ration health care.”

The board was created to identify and recommend ways to slow the growth of Medicare spending..
so, what options are open to them for reducing the growth of spending, if 'rationing' is not allowed...

Santorum was wrong when he said the Obama administration is "against any kind of exploration offshore or in Alaska." In fact, the administration has approved 296 new permits for new offshore oil wells since taking office, and it is considering granting the first permits in Alaska since 2004.

then...they say;

It's true that no new permits have been issued for oil drilling in Alaska under Obama. It's also true that the president opposes opening the Alaskan National Wildlife Refuge for drilling,

so, which is it?

Last edited:
I was watching CNN interview Bachmann and one question Wolfe asked was whether should would be for arresting doctors and nurses for performing abortions. All she would say was that she was against Roe v Wade. I assume the arrests would be if abortion was illegal, and she would not answer that question. She took her time just doing that and in answering a few other questions. At least in taking time to form an answer or not, she is doing better than Palin.

I have read that she supported the Jimmy Carter's campaign back in the 70's so I am not sure if that will go good with some of the Repubs. The Shuttle: Rep. Michele Bachmann - Daniel Libit - POLITICO.com

Who owns and operates factcheck.org?

Factcheck.org is an Annenberg project. OBAMA was the chairman of the Chicago Annenberg project.

Just sayin'. I googled "who operates factcheck organization? That's what came up.

It came up on 4 other googled links. The foundation supports a bevy of public broadcasting interests, also. When I think of public broadcasting, Janine Garofalo, unvarying leftist lockstep shill comes to mind.

At the Annenburg Foundation, the organization chooses to hide behind Republican skirts, claiming that the benefactor, Walter Annenburg, was a Republican. Well, his foundation got hijacked post mortem.

so, what options are open to them for reducing the growth of spending, if 'rationing' is not allowed...

See the Act, starting page 490.

so, which is it?

Offshore:
Santorum was wrong when he said the Obama administration is "against any kind of exploration offshore or in Alaska." In fact, the administration has approved 296 new permits for new offshore oil wells since taking office, and it is considering granting the first permits in Alaska since 2004.

Inland:

It's true that no new permits have been issued for oil drilling in Alaska under Obama. It's also true that the president opposes opening the Alaskan National Wildlife Refuge for drilling,

So it seems the winner of a GOP presidential debate is the candidate who can tell the most lies about Obama and healthcare reform. This may work with the rank-and-file, but won’t wash in the General.

Lol..go figure.

Here's some interesting reading for our mob friends:

"...liberals are a psychological mob. It has to do with their slogans, how they formulate arguments. They get a lot of slogans, whereas conservatives just don't speak in slogans and we don't understand slogans, and for good reason: It's always sort of glib and superficially appealing, but if you stop and actually think about it for five seconds, slogans never make sense. What does it mean to say, "You can't hug a child with nuclear arms," or, "Pro-choice, pro-child." It means nothing, but that is perfect for appealing to a mob. It's simple-minded. Gustave Le Bon, the father of groupthink, said, "Don't ever use logic with a mob. It confuses them."

"I just started reading everything I could find on mobs, groupthink, herd behavior, riots -- and I'd heard of Gustave Le Bon -- and then finally I read Gustave Le Bon's book, "[ame="http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/145382667X?ie=UTF8&tag=theofficiw0c2-20&linkCode=as2&camp=1789&creative=9325&creativeASIN=145382667X"]The Crowd: A Study of the Popular Mind[/ame]," and it was so clear, so beautiful; and of course he turns out to be the father of groupthink. He's the first one to notice the psychological characteristics of someone behaving in a mob. Not surprisingly, he was French since the first mob revolt certainly in anything resembling modern times is the French Revolution. I date the beginning of liberalism to the French revolution. Just page after page you read through this book, and it's liberals. It's all of their peculiarities. I almost went back and started inserting some of the other statements from the other books I had read into this book to show that it was more than Le Bon, but he was just so clear and so right. In fact, he was so good -- although the book is a warning about mobs -- both Mussolini and Hitler studied his book in order to learn how to incite mobs."

"What are some of the characteristics of mobs?
spc.gif
[ame="http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/0307353486?ie=UTF8&tag=theofficiw0c2-20&linkCode=as2&camp=1789&creative=9325&creativeASIN=0307353486"][/ame]COULTER: Myth-making, contradictory thinking, creating messiahs and turning those who disagree with you into opponents, simple-mindedness, inability to grasp logic. You see a lot of this in Weinergate. It's funny, now when I watch liberals on TV, whatever they're doing, I think, "Oh, yeah, that's myth making, and that's contradictory thinking." Last night at the beginning of the Rachel Maddow Show she got a long segment denouncing, of course, in the middle of Weinergate: David Vitter, Senator from Louisiana. He is the only Republican ever caught in a sex scandal who didn't resign immediately or lose his reelection, but of course his scandal was very different from every other one I can think of. The DC madam released his name -- I'm sure there were a lot of Democrats on that same list but their names weren't released -- and what we found out was that seven years earlier he had gone to a prostitute twice; told his wife about it, apologized to her, confessed to her, confessed to God. She has forgiven him, the marriage had continued, and seven years later we find this out. As soon as his name, David Vitter's name was released from the DC madam's list he went straight out, apologized, admitted it; held a press conference. He's standing there with his wife saying, "I told her seven years ago. He didn't turn around and start denouncing the press and claiming he'd been hacked -- and after all of this, this on Rachel Maddow denouncing Vitter as if his sex scandal were somehow worse rather than less bad -- I mean, we do have forgiveness -- this Rachel Maddow concerned with, you know, the misogyny and the ugliness of David Vitter having visited prostitutes seven years before we found out, interviews as her expert interview on this Larry Flynt. He's your expert on misogyny here. "

http://www.rushlimbaugh.com/home/daily/site_060911/content/01125111.guest.html

Do you know who owns PBS, NPR and American Public Media?

Corporation for Public Broadcasting & Annenberg Foundation to Expand Teacher Professional Development

The moral of this story is, if you are a Republican who values the founders of this country, and you wish to bestow a gift to keep this nation as the founders intended, which is to say both free enterprise and Bill of Rights freedoms, some bottom feeding liberal is going to be there to put every last dime into shilling for leftist causes, the kind that have promoted the idea to take everything away from anyone who has assets and put them in a common pot where it will be squandered by well meaning "Got to pick a pocket or two" kingpins who grow rich beyond their wildest dreams.

Thanks very much for the links. Bachmann has actually told more lies then I gave her credit for. It's such a shame that the Repubs that like her automatically believe everything she says.

I will be very surprised if she could carry NH. I think that is going to Romney. But she might be able to pick up Iowa. I'm looking forward to the primaries, they might really be very interesting. I really don't see any Repub candidate right now that could beat Obama.

She has cleaned up her tendency to shoot from the hip with off-the-wall comments. I think hiring Ed Rollins as her campaign advisor has a lot to do with that. He has experience out the wazoo. She's lucky to land him.

Romney claimed that "we didn't raise taxes in Massachusetts" to pay for his health care law. In fact, his successor imposed a $1-a-pack tax increase on cigarettes to pay for the new law.

I am not quite sure how that is dishonest.......:eusa_eh:

The Independent Payment Advisory Board, as we have written about three times before, is prohibited from rationing care. In fact, the law on page 490 specifically bars the advisory board from making “any recommendation to ration health care.”

The board was created to identify and recommend ways to slow the growth of Medicare spending..

then...they say;

so, which is it?

The "dishonesty" was the blanket statement. You should be glad that they clarified it.

And I didn't post this thread to become a huge discussion over each and every issue raised in the fact checked list(s). So I'm not going to discuss Obamacare as jumping off point to engage in a debate over that or any other individual issue. There are plenty of other places to do that.

Factcheck.org is an Annenberg project. OBAMA was the chairman of the Chicago Annenberg project.

Just sayin'. I googled "who operates factcheck organization? That's what came up.

It came up on 4 other googled links. The foundation supports a bevy of public broadcasting interests, also. When I think of public broadcasting, Janine Garofalo, unvarying leftist lockstep shill comes to mind.

At the Annenburg Foundation, the organization chooses to hide behind Republican skirts, claiming that the benefactor, Walter Annenburg, was a Republican. Well, his foundation got hijacked post mortem.

Wow, it only took six posts before someone repeated that allegation. Factcheck.org is a wholly independent outlet from any of the other Annenberg Foundation projects. And I said at the outset, if you don't like Factcheck.org, there are plenty of others to choose from and you're free to post THEIR "facts" against the ones contained herein.

Pretty simple.

See the Act, starting page 490.

so, which is it?

Offshore:

Inland:

So it seems the winner of a GOP presidential debate is the candidate who can tell the most lies about Obama and healthcare reform. This may work with the rank-and-file, but won’t wash in the General.

and it is considering granting the first permits in Alaska since 2004.

:eusa_eh:so?

and I can see reasonable, Deductive reasoning is not something you are willing to entertain .....

Last edited:
Lol..go figure.

Here's some interesting reading for our mob friends:

"...liberals are a psychological mob. It has to do with their slogans, how they formulate arguments. They get a lot of slogans, whereas conservatives just don't speak in slogans and we don't understand slogans, and for good reason: It's always sort of glib and superficially appealing, but if you stop and actually think about it for five seconds, slogans never make sense. What does it mean to say, "You can't hug a child with nuclear arms," or, "Pro-choice, pro-child." It means nothing, but that is perfect for appealing to a mob. It's simple-minded. Gustave Le Bon, the father of groupthink, said, "Don't ever use logic with a mob. It confuses them."

"I just started reading everything I could find on mobs, groupthink, herd behavior, riots -- and I'd heard of Gustave Le Bon -- and then finally I read Gustave Le Bon's book, "The Crowd: A Study of the Popular Mind," and it was so clear, so beautiful; and of course he turns out to be the father of groupthink. He's the first one to notice the psychological characteristics of someone behaving in a mob. Not surprisingly, he was French since the first mob revolt certainly in anything resembling modern times is the French Revolution. I date the beginning of liberalism to the French revolution. Just page after page you read through this book, and it's liberals. It's all of their peculiarities. I almost went back and started inserting some of the other statements from the other books I had read into this book to show that it was more than Le Bon, but he was just so clear and so right. In fact, he was so good -- although the book is a warning about mobs -- both Mussolini and Hitler studied his book in order to learn how to incite mobs."

"What are some of the characteristics of mobs?
spc.gif
http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/03...mp=1789&creative=9325&creativeASIN=0307353486COULTER: Myth-making, contradictory thinking, creating messiahs and turning those who disagree with you into opponents, simple-mindedness, inability to grasp logic. You see a lot of this in Weinergate. It's funny, now when I watch liberals on TV, whatever they're doing, I think, "Oh, yeah, that's myth making, and that's contradictory thinking." Last night at the beginning of the Rachel Maddow Show she got a long segment denouncing, of course, in the middle of Weinergate: David Vitter, Senator from Louisiana. He is the only Republican ever caught in a sex scandal who didn't resign immediately or lose his reelection, but of course his scandal was very different from every other one I can think of. The DC madam released his name -- I'm sure there were a lot of Democrats on that same list but their names weren't released -- and what we found out was that seven years earlier he had gone to a prostitute twice; told his wife about it, apologized to her, confessed to her, confessed to God. She has forgiven him, the marriage had continued, and seven years later we find this out. As soon as his name, David Vitter's name was released from the DC madam's list he went straight out, apologized, admitted it; held a press conference. He's standing there with his wife saying, "I told her seven years ago. He didn't turn around and start denouncing the press and claiming he'd been hacked -- and after all of this, this on Rachel Maddow denouncing Vitter as if his sex scandal were somehow worse rather than less bad -- I mean, we do have forgiveness -- this Rachel Maddow concerned with, you know, the misogyny and the ugliness of David Vitter having visited prostitutes seven years before we found out, interviews as her expert interview on this Larry Flynt. He's your expert on misogyny here. "

http://www.rushlimbaugh.com/home/daily/site_060911/content/01125111.guest.html

What does that have to do with this topic regarding fact-checking the presidential candidates?

Wow, it only took six posts before someone repeated that allegation. Factcheck.org is a wholly independent outlet from any of the other Annenberg Foundation projects. And I said at the outset, if you don't like Factcheck.org, there are plenty of others to choose from and you're free to post THEIR "facts" against the ones contained herein.

Pretty simple.

it says it a " project of the anneneberg public policy center"....it does say that right under factcheck title banner...:eusa_eh:

Corporation for Public Broadcasting & Annenberg Foundation to Expand Teacher Professional Development

The moral of this story is, if you are a Republican who values the founders of this country, and you wish to bestow a gift to keep this nation as the founders intended, which is to say both free enterprise and Bill of Rights freedoms, some bottom feeding liberal is going to be there to put every last dime into shilling for leftist causes, the kind that have promoted the idea to take everything away from anyone who has assets and put them in a common pot where it will be squandered by well meaning "Got to pick a pocket or two" kingpins who grow rich beyond their wildest dreams.

Another off-topic bunch of crap. Start your own threads, people if you wish to discuss ideology preached by uber conservatives. I think you do this because you have no adequate responses to the subject at hand.

Another off-topic bunch of crap. Start your own threads, people if you wish to discuss ideology preached by uber conservatives. I think you do this because you have no adequate responses to the subject at hand.

was my response adequate?

Pretty simple.

it says it a " project of the anneneberg public policy center"....it does say that right under factcheck title banner...:eusa_eh:

So? It's still a completely separate operation. Note the foundation has several other "interests" which also operate independently listed to the left of the home page.

Annenberg Public Policy Center

About Us | FactCheck.org
We do not seek and have never accepted, directly or indirectly, any funds from corporations, unions, partisan organizations or advocacy groups.

In 2010 we began accepting donations from individual members of the public for the first time, responding to many unsolicited offers of support from our subscribers. We launched our first public appeal for donations in April 2010.

At that time we also decided to disclose our finances in greater detail, so that our readers may judge for themselves whether or not any of those individual donations could influence us.

Our policy is to disclose the identity of any individual donor giving $1,000 or more. We also disclose the total amount, average amount and number of individual donations of under $1,000.

Financial Disclosure: Fiscal Year 2011 <---- READ IT

As I said, don't read it if you don't like it.

No, you posed specific questions regarding health care. Go to that topic page if you want to discuss it.

No, you posed specific questions regarding health care. Go to that topic page if you want to discuss it.

No, I posted A challenge to the fact-check response.......

and, has obama granted any permits to drill offshore alaska?

Forum List

Back