Keeping it honest

Wow, it only took six posts before someone repeated that allegation. Factcheck.org is a wholly independent outlet from any of the other Annenberg Foundation projects. And I said at the outset, if you don't like Factcheck.org, there are plenty of others to choose from and you're free to post THEIR "facts" against the ones contained herein.

Pretty simple.

it says it a " project of the anneneberg public policy center"....it does say that right under factcheck title banner...:eusa_eh:

So? It's still a completely separate operation. Note the foundation has several other "interests" which also operate independently listed to the left of the home page.

Annenberg Public Policy Center

About Us | FactCheck.org
We do not seek and have never accepted, directly or indirectly, any funds from corporations, unions, partisan organizations or advocacy groups.

In 2010 we began accepting donations from individual members of the public for the first time, responding to many unsolicited offers of support from our subscribers. We launched our first public appeal for donations in April 2010.

At that time we also decided to disclose our finances in greater detail, so that our readers may judge for themselves whether or not any of those individual donations could influence us.

Our policy is to disclose the identity of any individual donor giving $1,000 or more. We also disclose the total amount, average amount and number of individual donations of under $1,000.

Financial Disclosure: Fiscal Year 2011 <---- READ IT

As I said, don't read it if you don't like it.

so its a "wholly independent outlet from any of the other Annenberg Foundation projects", yet it says its a annenberg project ...why even post that?

Another off-topic bunch of <scatological reference omitted>. Start your own threads, people if you wish to discuss ideology preached by uber conservatives. I think you do this because you have no adequate responses to the subject at hand.

was my response adequate?

No, you posed specific questions regarding health care. Go to that topic page if you want to discuss it.

Sorry, Madam Threadparent, you named this thread "Keeping it honest," then you usurped that honesty with a far-left spew which I exposed as hiding behind Republican philanthropists who may not have distorted Michele Bachmann's words as well as the left wing wacko's who heisted this honesty for the purpose of badmouthing a good person and painting them as a liar.

And that's what I think you did on purpose. You can't fool me. And you can take that to the liberal Obama bank of your choice and put it in your safe deposit box along with your very nasty scatalogical references.

You may have your own favorite fact-checker, but whatever your choice, it is wise to be vigilant regarding errors or omissions in statements made by the presidential candidates before going off half-cocked and repeating what they say as gospel.

GOP New Hampshire Debate | FactCheck.org

Why? Most of the libturds on this forum voted for a liar. Their excuse? All politicians lie. So, what's changed doyathink?

Do you know who owns PBS, NPR and American Public Media?

Corporation for Public Broadcasting & Annenberg Foundation to Expand Teacher Professional Development

The moral of this story is, if you are a Republican who values the founders of this country, and you wish to bestow a gift to keep this nation as the founders intended, which is to say both free enterprise and Bill of Rights freedoms, some bottom feeding liberal is going to be there to put every last dime into shilling for leftist causes, the kind that have promoted the idea to take everything away from anyone who has assets and put them in a common pot where it will be squandered by well meaning "Got to pick a pocket or two" kingpins who grow rich beyond their wildest dreams.

Another off-topic bunch of crap. Start your own threads, people if you wish to discuss ideology preached by uber conservatives. I think you do this because you have no adequate responses to the subject at hand.

Lol...how is it off topic to point out the truth in a thread that is, at least on the surface, about honesty? I think the source of your information is absolutely on topic. I mean, it's your source..how can it be off topic to point out its bias?

I guess you don't really want honesty. And of course your reaction is classic..."HOW DARE YOU SPEAK! GO SOMEWHERE ELSE!"

We are periodically taking a look at past claims from the 2012 presidential candidates. Today's topic: Michele Bachmann.

FactChecking Bachmann | FactCheck.org

Strangely, I think Michele Bachman has suddenly turned into a strong candidate overall.

Thanks very much for the links. Bachmann has actually told more lies then I gave her credit for. It's such a shame that the Repubs that like her automatically believe everything she says.

I will be very surprised if she could carry NH. I think that is going to Romney. But she might be able to pick up Iowa. I'm looking forward to the primaries, they might really be very interesting. I really don't see any Repub candidate right now that could beat Obama.

She has cleaned up her tendency to shoot from the hip with off-the-wall comments. I think hiring Ed Rollins as her campaign advisor has a lot to do with that. He has experience out the wazoo. She's lucky to land him.

You're probably right. I hadn't considered that. I saw a few minutes of her on TV this afternoon, going after Obama, and I thought she was really feeding her base some good red meat. I'll bet she has more then a few of the GOP frontrunners having nightmares.

I also saw an article in that past few days that said she has raised $13M. That's pretty damn good and just the beginning. I wonder if it would hurt her fundraising if Palin enters the race.

Thanks very much for the links. Bachmann has actually told more lies then I gave her credit for. It's such a shame that the Repubs that like her automatically believe everything she says.

I will be very surprised if she could carry NH. I think that is going to Romney. But she might be able to pick up Iowa. I'm looking forward to the primaries, they might really be very interesting. I really don't see any Repub candidate right now that could beat Obama.

She has cleaned up her tendency to shoot from the hip with off-the-wall comments. I think hiring Ed Rollins as her campaign advisor has a lot to do with that. He has experience out the wazoo. She's lucky to land him.

You're probably right. I hadn't considered that. I saw a few minutes of her on TV this afternoon, going after Obama, and I thought she was really feeding her base some good red meat. I'll bet she has more then a few of the GOP frontrunners having nightmares.

I also saw an article in that past few days that said she has raised $13M. That's pretty damn good and just the beginning. I wonder if it would hurt her fundraising if Palin enters the race.

Personally I think you may be looking at the first woman in the White House. Yep.

Personally I think you may be looking at the first woman in the White House. Yep.

NOPE! She was a Carter backer and once that becomes general knowledge...

Yep...

The INSTANT that becomes general knowledge.

It's COITANS for Bachamann.....COITANS!!!

image1.gif

You may have your own favorite fact-checker, but whatever your choice, it is wise to be vigilant regarding errors or omissions in statements made by the presidential candidates before going off half-cocked and repeating what they say as gospel.

Nix that idea Maggie! I like to make shit up just for the fun of it. Nothing on the internet matters...Christ!!.. a post is like a grain of sand on the Sahara Desert.

Nobody takes Obama seriously anyways... Most idiot Americans think the economy is all his fault. They think he started all the wars we are involved in. It doesn't matter what you say about Obama or Bush or Cheney..cuz people already have their minds made up and the last thing they want to hear are facts.

Go with the flow Maggie...The Supreme court said it is absolutely legal to lie to the public now... There is no truth...and even if there was it would be immediately diluted by a thousand lies.

it says it a " project of the anneneberg public policy center"....it does say that right under factcheck title banner...:eusa_eh:

So? It's still a completely separate operation. Note the foundation has several other "interests" which also operate independently listed to the left of the home page.

Annenberg Public Policy Center

About Us | FactCheck.org
We do not seek and have never accepted, directly or indirectly, any funds from corporations, unions, partisan organizations or advocacy groups.

In 2010 we began accepting donations from individual members of the public for the first time, responding to many unsolicited offers of support from our subscribers. We launched our first public appeal for donations in April 2010.

At that time we also decided to disclose our finances in greater detail, so that our readers may judge for themselves whether or not any of those individual donations could influence us.

Our policy is to disclose the identity of any individual donor giving $1,000 or more. We also disclose the total amount, average amount and number of individual donations of under $1,000.

Financial Disclosure: Fiscal Year 2011 <---- READ IT

As I said, don't read it if you don't like it.

so its a "wholly independent outlet from any of the other Annenberg Foundation projects", yet it says its a annenberg project ...why even post that?

Sigh...okay how about an analogy? General Electric is a mega corporation with many products and services, each one decentralized from the masthead. When I worked for GE many years ago which was then doing contractor work for support services at a NASA test facility in Mississippi, I worked for the General Manager of that GE project. He didn't have to check with Jack Welch every time a decision had to be made for that particular facility. Get it?

I think it is general knowledge and the only people I hear whining about it are lefties...

was my response adequate?

No, you posed specific questions regarding health care. Go to that topic page if you want to discuss it.

Sorry, Madam Threadparent, you named this thread "Keeping it honest," then you usurped that honesty with a far-left spew which I exposed as hiding behind Republican philanthropists who may not have distorted Michele Bachmann's words as well as the left wing wacko's who heisted this honesty for the purpose of badmouthing a good person and painting them as a liar.

And that's what I think you did on purpose. You can't fool me. And you can take that to the liberal Obama bank of your choice and put it in your safe deposit box along with your very nasty scatalogical references.

This link will give you other fact checkers to use, if interested, but I seriously doubt you are. Those pesky facts just get in the way, I know.

The Government Domain: Political Fact-Checking Websites | LLRX.com

They certainly get in your way, MM. We've witnessed that in spades in this thread...

Do you know who owns PBS, NPR and American Public Media?

Corporation for Public Broadcasting & Annenberg Foundation to Expand Teacher Professional Development

The moral of this story is, if you are a Republican who values the founders of this country, and you wish to bestow a gift to keep this nation as the founders intended, which is to say both free enterprise and Bill of Rights freedoms, some bottom feeding liberal is going to be there to put every last dime into shilling for leftist causes, the kind that have promoted the idea to take everything away from anyone who has assets and put them in a common pot where it will be squandered by well meaning "Got to pick a pocket or two" kingpins who grow rich beyond their wildest dreams.

Another off-topic bunch of crap. Start your own threads, people if you wish to discuss ideology preached by uber conservatives. I think you do this because you have no adequate responses to the subject at hand.

Lol...how is it off topic to point out the truth in a thread that is, at least on the surface, about honesty? I think the source of your information is absolutely on topic. I mean, it's your source..how can it be off topic to point out its bias?

I guess you don't really want honesty. And of course your reaction is classic..."HOW DARE YOU SPEAK! GO SOMEWHERE ELSE!"

Frankly, I expected specific responses related to specific items listed by providing FACTS that disproved otherwise, not to engage in a woulda/coulda/shoulda debate.

I always expect too much. Silly me.

No, you expected people to accept your biased source without noticing that you used a crap source in a thread about honesty, then told people who questioned it to go away.

Honesty rules!

Nix that idea Maggie! I like to make shit up just for the fun of it. Nothing on the internet matters...Christ!!.. a post is like a grain of sand on the Sahara Desert.

Nobody takes Obama seriously anyways... Most idiot Americans think the economy is all his fault. They think he started all the wars we are involved in. It doesn't matter what you say about Obama or Bush or Cheney..cuz people already have their minds made up and the last thing they want to hear are facts.

Go with the flow Maggie...The Supreme court said it is absolutely legal to lie to the public now... There is no truth...and even if there was it would be immediately diluted by a thousand lies.

You're correct, of course. But I'm ever the optimist that people will actually begin some day to open both eyes, not keep one closed all the time.

No, you expected people to accept your biased source without noticing that you used a crap source in a thread about honesty, then told people who questioned it to go away.

Honesty rules!

It's not a crap source, for one thing. During the 08 campaign, it was the most go-to fact checker on the Internet and was equally critical of ALL the candidates, including Obama, Biden, Clinton, McCain, Palin, etc., and on all the issues. Factcheck.org has won the Webby award three years in a row, fact. But I wholly expected someone to inject the Annenberg-is-liberal allegation, which is what I responded to, and rightfully so. The only reason Factcheck.org even got that reputation is because people simply don't like to be wrong and don't want anything pointed out about their favorite people/issues that are contrary to their fixed opinions. And FCO doesn't let too much pass them by.

Forum List

Back