Kayaking/Kayak fishing

My current project is turning an old 19-foot steel boat trailer into a utility trailer although I'm entertaining the idea of making a camping/kayak trailer using a steel frame of 2 inch angle iron and 4X8 foot sheets of plywood for the top, bottom and two long sides.

Hey DW, there is a great article in this months Backwoodsman Magazine...How to Build a Travel Trailer.

Backwoodsman Magazine

My current project is turning an old 19-foot steel boat trailer into a utility trailer although I'm entertaining the idea of making a camping/kayak trailer using a steel frame of 2 inch angle iron and 4X8 foot sheets of plywood for the top, bottom and two long sides.

Hey DW, there is a great article in this months Backwoodsman Magazine...How to Build a Travel Trailer.

Backwoodsman Magazine

Great project and something I've been thinking about; a combination mini-camper and dual kayak carrier. Something like this, but the wood work part is a bit daunting for me. I was thinking of something metal-framed using 8x4 plywood sheets on the long sides, top and bottom with an A-frame nose to store kayak accessories and a solar-powered battery and small AC unit.

This project is a little easier:
FroadToad_2doors_body_V5_001.sized.jpg

FroadToad_2doors_body_V5_1_001.sized.jpg

FroadToad_2doors_body_V5_2.sized.jpg

Backwoodsman Magazine

Great project and something I've been thinking about; a combination mini-camper and dual kayak carrier. Something like this, but the wood work part is a bit daunting for me. I was thinking of something metal-framed using 8x4 plywood sheets on the long sides, top and bottom with an A-frame nose to store kayak accessories and a solar-powered battery and small AC unit.

This project is a little easier:
FroadToad_2doors_body_V5_001.sized.jpg

FroadToad_2doors_body_V5_1_001.sized.jpg

FroadToad_2doors_body_V5_2.sized.jpg

I may beat you to this one.

That rear hatch looks like it might be difficult tho.

Kudos to those that do go kayak fishing, or just get their ass into a kayak.
They scare the bee-jeebies outta me, just looking at them. Your lower half of your body, fits sort of snug, amirite??..in one of those things??..leaving only your upper body visible.
If that sucker tips over, what keeps your ass from drowning??

Forum List

Back