Katrina Hero: Trump Doesn't Care About Brown People

Lakhota

Diamond Member
Jul 14, 2011
Native America
59d03224200000f81508474a.jpeg

Retired Lt. General Russel L. Honoré

Retired Lieutenant General: While Trump Golfs, San Juan’s Mayor Is ‘Living On A Cot’

“And the president has shown again, you don’t give a damn about poor people.”

The retired lieutenant general who led the effort to bring aid to Louisiana after it was ravaged by Hurricane Katrina didn’t mince words when talking about the president’s response to the humanitarian crisis in Puerto Rico.

On Saturday morning, President Donald Trump unleashed a series of tweets taking aim at San Juan Mayor Carmen Yulín Cruz. In them, he accused Democrats of having convinced Cruz to be “nasty” to him, called Cruz’s leadership “poor” and said that other leaders in Puerto Rico “want everything to be done for them.” The tweets were sent from his golf resort in Bedminster, New Jersey.

In an interview with CNN later in the day, retired Lt. General Russel L. HonorĂ© tore down Trump’s remarks:

“The mayor’s living on a cot, and I hope the president has a good day at golf,” he told CNN.

Honoré said the crisis in Puerto Rico is even larger than what he faced during Katrina.

“Is Puerto Rico worse than what you found here in Katrina?” CBS News correspondent Michelle Miller asked HonorĂ© on Friday.

“Oh, hell yeah,” Honore said. “The number one priority is saving lives and when you’re saving lives, you’ve gotta figure out what rules you’re gonna break. All the rules we live by are designed for peacetime.”

“And this is what?” Miller asked.

“This is like a war,” he said.

In another interview with CNN, HonorĂ© tied Trump’s response to a overall lack of compassion to marginalized people.

“And the president has shown again, you don’t give a damn about poor people,” HonorĂ© told CNN. “You don’t give a damn about people of color and the SOB that rides around in Air Force One is denying services needed by the people of Puerto Rico.”

More: Retired Lieutenant General: While Trump Golfs, San Juan’s Mayor Is ‘Living On A Cot’

Lt. General Russel L. Honoré tells it like it is. I agree.

Believe me I don't agree with everything the democrats stand for but what the republicans are becoming is anti-American and just plain evil.

The democrats have compassion and at least believe in keeping us a forward thinking people.

Republicans have turned into something ugly.

Brown people don't care about brown people

Just look at Mexico, El Salvador, Venezuela, Puerto Rico, Colombia, Nicaragua, ECT.....

If Democrats really cared about minorities and the poor they'd demand Democrats would do a far better job for those stuck in their inner city ghettos, alas, all they really care about is conserving their economic slavery for votes with legions of race baiting racists.

The smart minority members have figured it out but sadly the not so smart ones who were barely educated by Democrat controlled liberal teachers unions seemingly only learned biased liberal hate.

Last edited:
Believe me I don't agree with everything the democrats stand for but what the republicans are becoming is anti-American and just plain evil.

The democrats have compassion and at least believe in keeping us a forward thinking people.

Democrats have zero compassion for white people.

Every single article on modern left wing sites contains blatant racism against us.

Every single article on modern left wing sites contains blatant racism against us.
Hahahaha funniest stuff I've ever read. LOL
Maybe just maybe your are racist and you feel triggered and singled out, so you trying to camouflage?

God, you lefties are so predictable

Yes. When they are victims of a natural disaster, and their family members are dying because their president just doesn't care enough to provide the help they need, they tend to get a little uppity.

Maybe just maybe your are racist and you feel triggered and singled out, so you trying to camouflage?
Maybe YOU are just a racist and use "anti-racism" as camouflage....

Maybe YOU are just a racist and use "anti-racism" as camouflage....

I could not agree with that more

Forum List

Back