Kate Smith’s ‘God Bless America’ out at Yankee Stadium over racist songs

Kate Smith is innocent of being a horrible bigot because it was a long time ago....back when pictures were all
black and white, everyone was a bigot and nobody knew right from wrong! Holding her to account now is
just CRAZY PC nonsense!!

It was satire, you fucking retard.

Next you slimy slugs will outlaw Mel Brooks as a racist.

Hey...dummy....nobody has outlawed anyone. Get outta that dress and be a man.

Have you been trained to demand that "Blazing Saddles" be banned?

You dumb motherfucker.

Nope. Have no interest in banning anything. Moron.

Nothing says she was any more racist than anyone else from that era

Watch any of the movies, cartoons, songs, jokes of that time and they were all racist.

Most of you white people better star planning underground/basement parties and Church gatherings and the such. Unless you take your weapons and get back.

Was Kate Smith a democrat? Was New Yorker Ray Henderson who wrote the song about "darkies" ...a democrat? You bet your ass.

.....o but Beyonce and JayZ/etc are ok with their filth/N this N that.....b**tch this b**tch that
cop haters/white haters/etc
..more double standard dumbshit ........

That reminds me. A couple years back I attended a minor league game. All during the game between innings, the stadium was playing a lot of Hip Hop. a few times I caught a couple X-rated words, and I thought you've got to be kidding me, they're playing this obscene shit and there are kids all over the park.

I called and complained the next day, but I've never been back so I don't know if it did any good.

.....o but Beyonce and JayZ/etc are ok with their filth/N this N that.....b**tch this b**tch that
cop haters/white haters/etc
..more double standard dumbshit ........

That reminds me. A couple years back I attended a minor league game. All during the game between innings, the stadium was playing a lot of Hip Hop. a few times I caught a couple X-rated words, and I thought you've got to be kidding me, they're playing this obscene shit and there are kids all over the park.

I called and complained the next day, but I've never been back so I don't know if it did any good.
yes-the foul mouth stuff is getting ''normal'''
I've heard ''them'' say the F word ''numerous times, near me, in comparison
plus the sexual themes/etc
JLopez--WTF is this?? this is entertainment? art? dancing?
look at my ass everyone!!!
you'd never see Frank Sinatra do this
upload_2019-4-20_17-30-52.jpeg

I don't think so. I hear this poor black rap genre infused into everything. Rappers selling toys or toilet paper. Really? I remember this older black gentleman saying how he hated "rap". It is artless. But older generations , no auto tune. And hey, humor the old old old school generation, give them respect. And learn. Hidy hidy ho...

Hard as the Progressive Left tries.....they will never be able to erase the memory the beautiful voice and the heartfelt interpretation of Katie Smith's "GOD BLESS AMERICA" :clap2:

Hard as the Progressive Left tries.....they will never be able to erase the memory the beautiful voice and the heartfelt interpretation of Katie Smith's "GOD BLESS AMERICA" :clap2:

I defend her memory against racism charges
But her singing was overrated

Ethel Merman on steroids

The Yankees have decided to no longer run Kate Smith’s version of “God Bless America” during their seventh-inning stretch because of Smith’s affiliation with songs that carried racist lyrics. Most famously, Smith sang a 1931 song, “That’s Why Darkies Were Born,” which opened: “Someone had to pick the cotton, Someone had to pick the corn, Someone had to slave and be able to sing, That’s why darkies were born.” The song, which has been called a satirical take on racism, was a big hit for Smith, and also was recorded by Paul Robeson. When the Yankees last month became aware of Smith’s history, they switched to a keyboard version of “God Bless America.” The Yankees have played the song in the middle of every game since the September 11, 2001, terrorist attacks at the insistence of late owner George Steinbrenner. In 2009, the Yankees cut ties with singer Ronan Tynan, who had made numerous appearances at the Stadium to sing “God Bless America,” after he was alleged to have made anti-Semitic comments.

(Excerpt) Read more at nypost.com ...

DAMN....hey Yankees show you have a set of balls and bring back an icon of a bygone era, Kate Smith....

The left hates god, the left hates America - no real surprise here.

I assume they will replace it with "The International?"

Another willfully ignorant CRC....the song isn't banned, Kate Smith's version is.

So what exactly is wrong with Kate Smith's version of the song? She stood by the Philly Flyers through thick and thin and now they dump her over nonsense that was not relevant in 1933. In fact, I believe that Miss Smith was very sympathetic towards hard working blacks. She didn't ridicule or slander anyone. It's like singing The song OLD BLACK JOE or OLD MAN RIVER. It's simply part of the fabric of American history and no one should forget it.

In the end is there a real need for the song? It surely doesn't offend me but I don't go to a mob game to hear the anthem or God bless america. I like a cold beer and baseball both of which are priority over a song. I can listen to those anytime.

Well I Grew up not Realizing, that if Some African Americans had it their way, the Music that was the Only thing I Knew in School, would be not only unpopular but impossible, and trust me 80% of the other African Americans know exactly about it, best people you'll meet.

If you transition from be-bop, into Cool and then Free Jazz, well, What do you figure is Really after Free Jazz? I was really interested in this recording by Mr. Marsalis. The Thelonious Monk original does Free Up for Solos. That is Not At All what happens for the solos here! You got King Ornette Coleman free Jazz rigidly and systematically against the chord constraints, but add onto this that seems like Branford seems to say, well, you Can as the Master of destiny, as the Harmelodic Master, of that piece, he Leads the Band in Transition! What a blissful feeling, all my life, so nice to hear.

Last edited:
What is good for the goose is good for the gander! Everyone knows that blacks were not once allowed to play for the Yankees and just how many blacks play for the Flyers? Let's ban all the teems that once demonstrated any racism!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Done kaput. What these teems once did and how they once behaved is even more relevant than anything Miss Kate Smith ever did!

Let's picket the stadiums until all the teams are reformed and renamed. What they once represented is what they still are... Let them be judged as they would judge others! Don't attend any professional sports that excluded other races at any time in their history!

And if you think that is over the top, well maybe, just maybe some common sense will prevail and Miss Kate Smith will be exonerated and reinstated.

Forum List

Back