Kasich suddenly a real contender in White House race

JakeStarkey

Diamond Member
Aug 10, 2009
Kasich suddenly a real contender in White House race - Yahoo News

This is very good news for the sensible people in the GOP and for centrists as well as for Dems who can't stand HRC.

"He shined at least week's Republican debate. And the University of Virginia's Center for Politics, which produces closely-watched campaign analysis, on Thursday placed him among the five candidates -- out of 17 -- most likely to win the Republican nomination."

Kasich suddenly a real contender in White House race - Yahoo News

This is very good news for the sensible people in the GOP and for centrists as well as for Dems who can't stand HRC.

"He shined at least week's Republican debate. And the University of Virginia's Center for Politics, which produces closely-watched campaign analysis, on Thursday placed him among the five candidates -- out of 17 -- most likely to win the Republican nomination."

I found him to be the most likable with the best experience.

Kasich seems to be taking Jeb voters in the NH polls. According to the graph, his surge corresponds with Jeb's fall.
RealClearPolitics - Election 2016 - New Hampshire Republican Presidential Primary

nationally, it's not good for him, however.
RealClearPolitics - Election 2016 - 2016 Republican Presidential Nomination

I mean he's dead what with his support for a pathway to staying here if not citizenship and taking the Obamacare dollars because it was the right thing for Ohio's uninsured. But, the crazies in the gop, who choose to ignore that guys like Hatch and Coburn have voted to expand Medicaid in the past and that it's impossible to deport 10 million, will never vote for him.

But imagine what a Kasich win in NH would do to Jeb. SC coming up with is a batshite crazy gop state.

And crazy's probably the dems only chance. At this point Biden running on a promise to seek only one term and appeal to bipartisan reform is looking .... not so bad compared to Hillary and her emails and foundation's CONTINUED fundraising.

Dems have every change if the far reactionary WrHINOs like The Rabbi and CrusaderFrank control the GOP nomination. Kasich would be a great president.

don't like him , my impression is that he is a lib on social issues . I'll have to check his 'on the issues' but liberal is my impression of him .

don't like him , my impression is that he is a lib on social issues . I'll have to check his 'on the issues' but liberal is my impression of him .
He is centrist, and you are far reactionary right, a small group in America.

Dems have every change if the far reactionary WrHINOs like The Rabbi and CrusaderFrank control the GOP nomination. Kasich would be a great president.
I agree. He's my first choice. And maybe my only choice. But, there's no way the gop nominates someone who is for actual immigration reform, because any reform will have to accept the reality that those gainfully employed are not leaving because we physically cannot deport that many, or who took the Obamacare dollars.

But, if he knocks off Jeb in NH, Jeb may be out. He's got the money to keep going, but how much Jeb's actually got in cash as opposed to "pledges" remains to be seen. Money dries up real fast when someone looks like a loser. Which is something Hillary might have to face as well.

Kasich will win in NH, and the he can tell the far right "my way or down the highway with you." And he can enforce it.

yeah ' yeb ' looks pretty poor and I'm glad to see it , hope that it continues .

He is centrist, and you are far reactionary right, a small group in America.

He was the budget hawk of the 80's and 90's. No way the crazies will vote for a guy who is an actual budget hawk. They hated Coburn too. God forbid that govt actually function

During his congressional career, Kasich was considered a fiscal conservative, taking aim at programs supported by Republicans and Democrats. Kasich worked with Rep. Ron Dellums to cut spending on the B-2 Bomber, and with Ralph Nader in seeking to reduce corporate tax loopholes.[29][30]

Kasich participated extensively in the passage of the Goldwater–Nichols Act of 1986, which reorganized the U.S. Department of Defense.[31]

In 1993, he became the ranking Republican member of the House Budget Committee. In that position, Kasich and other House Budget Committee Republicans proposed an alternative to President Bill Clinton's deficit reduction bill, the Omnibus Budget Reconciliation Act of 1993.[32] That proposal included funds to implement Republican proposals for health care, welfare, and crime control legislation and for a child tax credit.[32] The Penny-Kasich Plan, named after its lead sponsors Kasich and Tim Penny and supported by Republicans and conservative Democrats, proposed $90 billion of spending cuts over five years, almost three times as much in cuts as the $37 billion in cuts backed by the Clinton administration and Democratic congressional leaders.[33] About one-third ($27 billion) of the cuts in the Penny-Kasich cuts would come from means testing Medicare, specifically by reducing Medicare payments to seniors who earned $75,000 or more in adjusted gross income.[34][35] This angered the AARP, which lobbied against the legislation.[34] Another $26 billion of the Penny-Kasich plan's cuts would have come from the U.S. Department of Defense and foreign aid, which led Secretary of Defense Les Aspin to say that the plan would destroy military morale.[34] Another $27 billion in savings would have come from federal layoffs.[34] The proposal was narrowly defeated in the House in a 219-213 vote.[33][34]

As ranking member of the Budget Committee, Kasich proposed his own health care reform plan as an rival to the Clinton health care plan of 1993 championed by First Lady Hillary Rodham Clinton.[36] As Time magazine wrote, "The Kasich plan would have covered all Americans by 2005, using a form of an individual mandate that would have required employees to purchase insurance through their employers. (The mandate was an idea initially supported by conservative groups like the Heritage Foundation.)"[36]

In 1995, when Republicans gained the majority in the United States Congress following the 1994 election, Kasich became chairman of the House Budget Committee. In 1996, he introduced the Personal Responsibility and Work Opportunity Act in the House, which reformed the nation's welfare system. According to President Clinton, who signed the legislation, "It requires work of welfare recipients, limits the time they can stay on welfare and provides child care and health care to help them make the move from welfare to work."[37]

In 1997, Kasich rose to national prominence after becoming "the chief architect of a deal that balanced the federal budget for the first time since 1969"—the Balanced Budget Act of 1997.[38]

John Kasich - Wikipedia the free encyclopedia

Kasich will win in NH, and the he can tell the far right "my way or down the highway with you." And he can enforce it.
If kasich gets the rino nomination then its time for third party or failing that its time for a write in or a vote for the 'dem' Jake .

If kasich gets the rino nomination then its time for third party or failing that its time for a write in or a vote for the 'dem' Jake .
For a few of you, sure. You have no influence this time in the bigger scale. You will not get a Trump or a Perry or a Cruz or a whater. You WrHINOs are through.

Forum List

Back