Kasich Campaign

Procrustes Stretched

And you say, "Oh my God, am I here all alone?"
Dec 1, 2008
Positively 4th Street
Listening to reporter on NPR (Politico reporter) mention how Kasich boosted his numbers to get on the stage of FOX News GOP debate. I think he is wrong and being lazy in his reporting and analysis.

Did Kasich campaign on FOX in order to boost his numbers nationally or did he use ads on FOX in early primary states the old fashion way? According to the lazy consensus -- It's all about raising their numbers in the national polls. But did Kasich do an end round by going after voters in selective states? Did he boost his numbers in a way the losers did not? Did he go against the grain?

note: on edit: I found something: Seeking pre-debate boost Kasich zeroes in on New Hampshire - FOX13 News WHBQ FOX 13

Last edited:
Kasich is the only Republican in this field that isn't full on batshit. Rubio is not that crazy and Christie is not either but he is just an asshole. I think Kasich would be the best candidate for the Republicans. He'd certainly be the only adult from that party running.

Kasich is the only Republican in this field that isn't full on batshit. Rubio is not that crazy and Christie is not either but he is just an asshole. I think Kasich would be the best candidate for the Republicans. He'd certainly be the only adult from that party running.

I voted for him for governor because the Dems didn't have a very good candidate. That does not mean I would support him for president. You are correct that he is not batshit crazy, and he also would likely win Ohio. For Republicans thinking of a way to actually win enough electoral votes, Kasich is the right person in the right place. Add Rubio to the ticket, and Republicans have a shot at both Ohio and Florida which they need both in order to win. I don't know of any other candidate from the Republican Party who could win both states.

I voted for him for governor because the Dems didn't have a very good candidate. That does not mean I would support him for president. You are correct that he is not batshit crazy, and he also would likely win Ohio. For Republicans thinking of a way to actually win enough electoral votes, Kasich is the right person in the right place. Add Rubio to the ticket, and Republicans have a shot at both Ohio and Florida which they need both in order to win. I don't know of any other candidate from the Republican Party who could win both states.

I agree, and without those states they have no chance per the electoral college map.

If certain things work out he will become a formidable candidate -- for the Dems, one to beat. but so much in politics depends on the alignment of the stars. :laugh2:

I doubt Rubio would be a formidable opponent in a general election. Christie? A train wreck waiting to happen

I agree, and without those states they have no chance per the electoral college map.
In 2004, if Kerry had Ohio he would not have needed Florida: look at the electoral map

Like Obama in 2008, I believe Kasich has a plan that is under the radar of the horse race media

Forum List

Back