Kansas—a state that Trump won by 15 points 56-41 just 2 years ago—just voted to protect abortion access by a landslide 26 points, 63-37

basquebromance

Diamond Member
Nov 26, 2015
That's how detached the GOP is from what Americans want. Vote Them All Out.

What is the practical result of this?

Can lib women get an abortion any time they choose for any reason at all?

OVERLAND PARK, Kan. — Abortion rights forces scored an upset victory in Kansas on Tuesday when voters rejected an amendment that would have allowed the state legislature to ban the procedure.

The vote, which comes just six weeks after the Supreme Court overturned Roe v. Wade, means Kansas will remain one of the few red states where abortion is legal. It also provides hope to abortion-rights supporters who are betting on ballot initiatives in other conservative states to restore or maintain access to the procedure.

Voters, by a clear majority vote to support a Woman's RIght To Choose (My Body - My Choice) in deep red Republican Kansas...hope lives.

The voters decided this. More power to them!

In the old system, prior to Roe V. Wade being overturned, judges decided limits on abortion. Now the voters get to decide through their elected representatives.

You better check before your mouth writes a check your ass cannot cash!

In Kansas, the following restrictions on abortion were in effect as of June 28, 2022:
  • A patient must receive state-directed counseling that includes information designed to discourage her from having an abortion, and then wait 24 hours before the procedure is provided.
  • Private insurance policies cover abortion only in cases of life endangerment, unless individuals purchase an optional rider at an additional cost.
  • Health plans offered in the state’s health exchange under the Affordable Care Act can only cover abortion in cases of life endangerment.
  • Abortion is covered in insurance policies for public employees only in cases of life endangerment.
  • The use of telemedicine to administer medication abortion is prohibited.
  • The parents of a minor must consent before an abortion is provided.
  • Public funding is available for abortion only in cases of life endangerment, rape or incest.
  • A patient must undergo an ultrasound before obtaining an abortion; the provider must offer the patient the option to view the image.
  • An abortion may be performed at 20 or more weeks postfertilization (22 weeks after the last menstrual period) only in cases of life or severely compromised physical health. This law is based on the assertion, which is inconsistent with scientific evidence and has been rejected by the medical community, that a fetus can feel pain at that point in pregnancy.
  • The state prohibits abortions performed for the purpose of sex selection.

Hmm. the way it was proposed. I wonder how many people did not understand the question. Well. regardless...Y'all can still kill your unborn> FIRE UP THE BARBEE!!!!

~~~~~~
Actually, the people of the State of Arkansas had the privilege to do so, rather than have it forced down their throats by Democrats in D.C.
That's home rule working.

OVERLAND PARK, Kan. — Abortion rights forces scored an upset victory in Kansas on Tuesday when voters rejected an amendment that would have allowed the state legislature to ban the procedure.

The vote, which comes just six weeks after the Supreme Court overturned Roe v. Wade, means Kansas will remain one of the few red states where abortion is legal. It also provides hope to abortion-rights supporters who are betting on ballot initiatives in other conservative states to restore or maintain access to the procedure.

Voters, by a clear majority vote to support a Woman's RIght To Choose (My Body - My Choice) in deep red Republican Kansas...hope lives.

I don't buy it . . . not a chance it went down the way they claim. Hope lives huh? The shining hope of dismembering the child growing within you? A mother's only biological imperative is to protect that child at all cost. How about a different kind of referendum on abortion? Let's all choose between two different uniforms, shall we? Wearers of one uniform shall represent the legal right of women to murder their unborn children. The other uniform is to be worn by all those willing to protect unborn children at any cost. Let's do that and see who is left standing. Myself, I would put on the second uniform this instant and go to war. Would you?

The voters decided this. More power to them!

In the old system, prior to Roe V. Wade being overturned, judges decided limits on abortion. Now the voters get to decide through their elected representatives.
And soon it will get decided by the people through their elected representatives in Washington, when it's codified on a Federal level.

Forum List

Back