"K-Y, Boy"

While I have no concern for such criminals, our society does owe it to keep prisons free from crime on the inside. For centuries the purpose of prisons was to try to get people to change for the better. Today it is just a holding place run like some kind of 80's Escape from New York movie.

Not to excuse the shooter, but this cop is an tool. He's off duty taking his kid to school and feels the need to stop a reckless driver while sporting a ballistic vest? What movie does this man think he's living in?

While I have no concern for such criminals, our society does owe it to keep prisons free from crime on the inside. For centuries the purpose of prisons was to try to get people to change for the better. Today it is just a holding place run like some kind of 80's Escape from New York movie.

Rehabilitation via prison is a relatively new concept.

Actually "Penitentiary" comes from the word "Penance". There have been times in history where they did a good job, others not. But the goal was to reform. Only prison I know of today that bothers is Angola.

The Power of Christ Jesus

Yes, but we're also living in the 21st century. Even now it's still bad. We're pretty much shipping men off to crime school, and releasing them back into the public years later. But at least nowadays we can say some attempt was made at rehabilitating them.

Forum List

Back