Justin Amash WINS!

gipper

Diamond Member
Jan 8, 2011
He beat a big government progressive who the R Party backed completely, in his primary election yesterday.

Amash is one of a select few politicians in Congress, who is honest and strictly abides by the Constitution. Of course, this is not the kind of person the Rs or Ds want in Congress. As such, they did all they could to defeat him.

If only we had more like him...an honest law abiding politician is extremely rare.

Rebellious Republican Rep. Justin Amash has won his primary re-election battle in Michigan’s 3rd district against his challenger Brian Ellis, a blow to the GOP Establishment which had put significant resources into the race.

Ellis conceded the race as Amash had 55 percent of the vote and Ellis had 44 percent with 44 percent of the precincts reporting.
Allies of Speaker John Boehner had rallied for pro-establishment candidate Republican Brian Ellis and to take out Amash, the first lawmaker to vote against Boehner for speaker on the House floor in January 2013.
Ellis, a Grand Rapids businessman, loaned his campaign over $1 million and earned the support of the U.S. Chamber of Commerce and the Michigan Chamber of Commerce.
Ellis used his money for an onslaught of negative ads that painted Amash as "Al Qaeda's best friend" and accused the pro-life congressman of voting to allow “gender-selection abortions to continue."
After winning his 2010 election, Amash went to Congress at the age 30 making him the second-youngest sitting congressman in Congress.
Amash drew support from the liberty movement - one that viewed the retiring Rep. Ron Paul (R-TX) as their champion in Congress. He is also chair of the Liberty Caucus, a group of House Republicans who meet bi-weekly outside of the larger conservative Republican Study Committee.
Rebel Leader Justin Amash Wins Big In Michigan

Over a primary to decide who makes it to the general election.
Seriously? Maybe try giving it another thought.
:cuckoo:

For this to happen in liberal MIchigan is significant. Dems must be shaking in their boots.

The Cochran/McDaniel primary in Mississippi is another example, but in that one the corrupt machine managed to win by buying the votes of black democrats in a GOP primary.

the people of the USA are fed up with the political corruption of both parties.

There is some truth to that but we will all have to wait and see how the general elections turn out. If the past is any indication. Don't hold your right hand over your butt, you will be left -handed a long time.

For this to happen in liberal MIchigan is significant. Dems must be shaking in their boots.

The Cochran/McDaniel primary in Mississippi is another example, but in that one the corrupt machine managed to win by buying the votes of black democrats in a GOP primary.

There is some truth to that but we will all have to wait and see how the general elections turn out. If the past is any indication. Don't hold your right hand over your butt, you will be left -handed a long time.

I expect a lot of surprises this november, and a lot of new faces in the house and senate.

the GOP should control both houses and can make obozo a truly lame duck for his last two years.

When you reduce a conversation to nothing but ad hominem, it's time to forget talking to you.
Childish behavior doesn't make for discussion.
'

I expect a lot of surprises this november, and a lot of new faces in the house and senate.

the GOP should control both houses and can make obozo a truly lame duck for his last two years.

After the thrubbing teabaggers got yesterday across the country I guess crowing about one little win is ok.

When you reduce a conversation to nothing but ad hominem, it's time to forget talking to you.
'

This forum is all about stating opinions, if you cannnot grasp that simple concept, then maybe you should find something else to do with your keyboard.

Yet another incumbent wins.

Now that's gonna change things around.

Simply throwing out incumbents for the sake of doing so is meaningless. You've got to look at each person individually, and if there's anybody in Congress who wants things done differently I'd say it's Justin Amash.

As on cue you act accordingly and if you don't know the difference between opinion and ad hominem it just strengthens what you are projecting.

'

This forum is all about stating opinions, if you cannnot grasp that simple concept, then maybe you should find something else to do with your keyboard.

After the thrubbing teabaggers got yesterday across the country I guess crowing about one little win is ok.

Roberts destroyed Wolf, in Kansas, as red a state as there is.

Roberts destroyed Wolf, in Kansas, as red a state as there is.

48% - 41%. I would hardly call that destruction. He didn't even get a majority vote. Nonetheless, he is the winner and that's all the matters.

hence the over the top hate of the tea party folks,they the entrenched don't want to give up the gravy.

You just got to love this thread now...

I mightn't agree with Amash but he stands by his principles...

You just got to love this thread now...

I mightn't agree with Amash but he stands by his principles...
EXACTLY.

We need to admire that, no matter your party affiliations.

Too bad we don’t have more like Amash.

That might feel good, but the Tea Party that he is supposed to be of is really the T for Transgender Party at least for him. For that is what he has wrought. Where was all of that fire and brimstone when the Tea Party was infected with frauds. People noticed. And Trump was elected as a result of the sell outs.

Forum List

Back