• Good

Votes: 4 33.3%
  • OK

Votes: 3 25.0%
  • Gosh awful bad

Votes: 4 33.3%

• Total voters
I voted "okay".

It's not really the courts that are flawed, it's the laws that need reform.

Over two million people in prison?

Something's out of kilter.

I voted "okay".

It's not really the courts that are flawed, it's the laws that need reform.

Over two million people in prison?

Something's out of kilter.

You really think it's the laws? I think it is the selective enforcement of law, and the lack of consistency from the courts.

There was an issue on your favorite news channel and your favorite person's show about a judge who let a two-time convicted pedophile out on probation after like 18 months or something like that.

But here, some dude got YEARS for a DWI.

Just hope the judge's wife didn't burn his toast and whack him in the head with a pan on sentencing day.

As soon as we repeal all the drug laws that are enforced dramatically more in inner city, economically depressed and minority dominated neighborhoods than in suburban, economically above average and white neighborhoods, our system will be in much better shape. Until then, our government is at a war of attrition against us.

As soon as we repeal all the drug laws that are enforced dramatically more in inner city, economically depressed and minority dominated neighborhoods than in suburban, economically above average and white neighborhoods, our system will be in much better shape. Until then, our government is at a war of attrition against us.

What a bunch of bullshit. The drug laws are enforced everywhere because it's a lot of rich teeny boppers making and selling drugs now too. So spare me the liberal trpe that only the minorities get targeted by the police.

And your neighborhood wouldn't be economically depressed if you made it easier for businesses to do business. But your ilk wants to regulate them to the point where it's cheaper to go elsewhere. Then you whine about outsourcing.

What a bunch of bullshit. The drug laws are enforced everywhere because it's a lot of rich teeny boppers making and selling drugs now too. So spare me the liberal trpe that only the minorities get targeted by the police.

And your neighborhood wouldn't be economically depressed if you made it easier for businesses to do business. But your ilk wants to regulate them to the point where it's cheaper to go elsewhere. Then you whine about outsourcing.

I live in a rather economically prosperous area of Massachusetts and am white. You know what happens when I get pulled over? I don't.

Its less about race and more about economics. In economically depressed areas the accused much more often relies on the public defender, which leads to higher conviction rates.

Over half of the country is non-Hispanic white. About half of the prison population is black. The main difference: Drug convictions.

"At midyear 2007 there were 4,618 black male sentenced prisoners per 100,000 black males in the United States, compared to 1,747 Hispanic male sentenced prisoners per 100,000 Hispanic males and 773 white male sentenced prisoners per 100,000 white males."

Did you ever stop to consider that maybe the Hispanics and blacks are committing more of the crime so that's why there is more of them in jail? It's all well and good to blame the poor economic status so they can't hire the Dream Team to defend them, but I've seen plenty of good public defenders and I've seen some really shitty private attorneys.

Fair point on Pub Def v. crappy private lawyers.

In every long term trend as the economy declines crime rises. What do we learn by that? Crime is highly dependent on economics.

I'm not saying their is a better system, but if you think a jury leads to justice, you are so optimistic its cute.

innocenceproject.org/

Did you ever stop to consider that maybe the Hispanics and blacks are committing more of the crime so that's why there is more of them in jail? It's all well and good to blame the poor economic status so they can't hire the Dream Team to defend them, but I've seen plenty of good public defenders and I've seen some really shitty private attorneys.

selective and focused enforcement against certain groups.....

in this country it really isn't the minorities that own the aparatus and the money laundering facilities, for the majority of it.

And the big folks can afford bigger pay-offs....

You really think it's the laws? I think it is the selective enforcement of law, and the lack of consistency from the courts.

There was an issue on your favorite news channel and your favorite person's show about a judge who let a two-time convicted pedophile out on probation after like 18 months or something like that.

But here, some dude got YEARS for a DWI.

Just hope the judge's wife didn't burn his toast and whack him in the head with a pan on sentencing day.

I don't really think the pedophile thing is even possible these days. Jessica's law has been passed in like 45 states in about 2 years.

One guy down in Mississippi was sentenced to life without parole for a third DUI. The supreme court here, of course, decided that it wasn't a cruel sentence.

Forum List

Back