Justice for New Haven Firefighters

First off, Sotomayor isn't on the district court, and it wasn't about that they wouldn't "let get heard". Its that they didn't discuss the issues as much as they could have. Secondly, your quoting from the dissent. That is, a MINORITY of the justices. How exactly did you equate a minority of the justices to "almost all"?

As for your weird speculation about how I would be ok with open and obvious discrimination against myself, what in hell would lead you to such a stupid, obviously wrong, and moronic belief?
I did the research on the dissent votes to prove my point with you. I thouight you were intelligent enough to connect the dots with the ones who voted for the firefighters. My mistake (mental note: Nickie is an idiot) it won't happen again.
Obviously wrong and moronic belief? Where I grew up the people who got the highest score were the ones who go the jobs first....despite race. In your world it seems more like "affirmative action"....something that even Martin Luther King was against. Who's the moron, Nickie????

You made a specific point about the lower courts decision and the expansiveness of it. Voting for, or against, the lower court has absolutely nothing to do with the expansiveness of it. You flat out lied, and now you are trying to backtrack from it.

You obviously don't know the facts of the case. It had nothing to do with affirmative action.

Don't call me a liar asshole...I didn't lie about anything. I was stating that the lower court didn't even hear the case. They made a 1 sentence ruling, then a 1 paragraph ruling on the case in the lower court. Ginsberg even said they should have been more expansive on it. (Calm down Meister, Nickie is an idiot) No lying there, Nickie

When lower scores get jobs because of race...it's affirmative action moron...even if you don't call it that....your are the town idiot aren't you?

Not a leading question at all. You're the one implying that I should take into consideration the feelings of a particular ethnic group because they are a growing demographic.

Taking the feelings of Latinos into account is just a wee bit different than allowing "unjust discrimination" so as to "coddle Latinos".

The decision is just even if the latinos and blacks don't think so. Isn't that how the courts are supposed to rule; with no consideration but the constitutionality of the law?

So again, fuck them if they don't like the decision. It was right period.

The decision was just?

Did you even read the opinion?

yes,

you assume a lot don't you?

Thus is the problem, racism or the accusation of such is based solely on assumptions. I see no way in which any test could be racist, hiring based on a test is common practice and the least biased manner to hire, it focuses on the abilities and knowledge instead of who or what they are.

Taking the feelings of Latinos into account is just a wee bit different than allowing "unjust discrimination" so as to "coddle Latinos".

The decision was just?

yes,

No, I don't. What about me asking a question makes you think I assume a lot?

you wouldn't have asked unless you thought I didn't read it. it's your M.O.

BTW here is where I read it if you care to know that too

http://www.supremecourtus.gov/opinions/08pdf/07-1428.pdf

I did the research on the dissent votes to prove my point with you. I thouight you were intelligent enough to connect the dots with the ones who voted for the firefighters. My mistake (mental note: Nickie is an idiot) it won't happen again.
Obviously wrong and moronic belief? Where I grew up the people who got the highest score were the ones who go the jobs first....despite race. In your world it seems more like "affirmative action"....something that even Martin Luther King was against. Who's the moron, Nickie????

You made a specific point about the lower courts decision and the expansiveness of it. Voting for, or against, the lower court has absolutely nothing to do with the expansiveness of it. You flat out lied, and now you are trying to backtrack from it.

You obviously don't know the facts of the case. It had nothing to do with affirmative action.

Don't call me a liar asshole...I didn't lie about anything. I was stating that the lower court didn't even hear the case.

Well then you lied, as that is completely false.

They made a 1 sentence ruling, then a 1 paragraph ruling on the case in the lower court.

How exactly did they make a ruling if they never heard the case?

And please be specific when you use "lower court". There are two lower courts here.

Ginsberg even said they should have been more expansive on it. (Calm down Meister, Nickie is an idiot) No lying there, Nickie

Ginsberg said it...speaking for a MINORITY of the court. A minority of the court is NOT almost all. How difficult is it to understand this incredibly simple concept?

When lower scores get jobs because of race...it's affirmative action moron...even if you don't call it that....your are the town idiot aren't you?

Which lower scores got jobs here because of race? Even under Sotomayors ruling, nobody with a lower score would have gotten a job because of race. Guess it wasn't affirmative action then, was it, dumbshit.

yes,

No, I don't. What about me asking a question makes you think I assume a lot?

you wouldn't have asked unless you thought I didn't read it. it's your M.O.

BTW here is where I read it if you care to know that too

http://www.supremecourtus.gov/opinions/08pdf/07-1428.pdf

Having an opinion about something isn't an assumption, dumbass. Good, so you made use of the link I posted. Your welcome.

The decision was just?

yes,

Thus is the problem, racism or the accusation of such is based solely on assumptions. I see no way in which any test could be racist, hiring based on a test is common practice and the least biased manner to hire, it focuses on the abilities and knowledge instead of who or what they are.

You don't see a way in which a test could be racist? Are you serious?

yes,

how could it be racist?? you mean like the bar exams, or the medical boards??? like that?

yes,

Give one question that could prove what "race" a person is in the US ... just one.

how could it be racist?? you mean like the bar exams, or the medical boards??? like that?

Bar exams less so. I don't know about medical boards. The LSAT? Could be very easily made racist.

Give one question that could prove what "race" a person is in the US ... just one.

Nothing can prove what race a person is. Way to move the goalposts just a little bit there.

Nothing can prove what race a person is. Way to move the goalposts just a little bit there.

No, but if you can't come up with questions that can prove race then no test can be racist. Unless you are holding to the myth that some races are naturally less intelligent than others. :eusa_whistle:

No, but if you can't come up with questions that can prove race then no test can be racist. Unless you are holding to the myth that some races are naturally less intelligent than others. :eusa_whistle:

Really?

So I can't create a test that whites systematically score 50% higher than blacks? Would such a test "prove" race?

Bar exams less so. I don't know about medical boards. The LSAT? Could be very easily made racist.

how?

There is a part of it that, essentially, you must know "general knowledge" type information. Just make the knowledge about more upscale, rich, white-based things. Or you can make it class based, which will also probably make it race based, to a degree.

so here's the truth of the matter. The black firemen did not prepare. Did not study. Did not put forth the effort. And when they failed.. They cried racism. I think that's the brutal truth. We should not have one standard for white firemen and another for black.. Not unless we advocate one standard for white doctors and nother for black. one standard for white lawyers and another for black.. etc etc etc.. everyone who is a fireman whould know how to do the job.. equally well..

Really?

So I can't create a test that whites systematically score 50% higher than blacks? Would such a test "prove" race?

Nope, do it to prove it ... otherwise you are just looking for an excuse to whine. Intelligence and knowledge based tests cannot be racist, period. The test is a viable method for determining hiring and promotions, degrees from school are not.

Really?

Nope, do it to prove it ... otherwise you are just looking for an excuse to whine. Intelligence and knowledge based tests cannot be racist, period. The test is a viable method for determining hiring and promotions, degrees from school are not.

ACLU of Washington | ACLU Report Highlights Racial Disparities in WASL Scores

You do know that much of America is still segregated and the knowledge that people attain in their segregated patches can be different, right?

Just because you are too ignorant and stupid to think of how a test can be racist, doesn't mean its impossible.

so here's the truth of the matter. The black firemen did not prepare. Did not study. Did not put forth the effort. And when they failed.. They cried racism. I think that's the brutal truth. We should not have one standard for white firemen and another for black.. Not unless we advocate one standard for white doctors and nother for black. one standard for white lawyers and another for black.. etc etc etc.. everyone who is a fireman whould know how to do the job.. equally well..
You don't know that they didn't prepare and they most certainly did not cry racism. You're an idiot Willow, and your post about only white men getting stimulous jobs was either a lie or just futher proof that you are an idiot because no one said that.

Last edited by a moderator:
Really?

ACLU of Washington | ACLU Report Highlights Racial Disparities in WASL Scores

You do know that much of America is still segregated and the knowledge that people attain in their segregated patches can be different, right?

Just because you are too ignorant and stupid to think of how a test can be racist, doesn't mean its impossible.

Still doesn't prove that tests can be racist ... their argument is that using them is racist but the ACLU is always looking for a fight even when there isn't one. ;)

The real issue with the WASL is that not all students do good in test taking, nothing about the racial nature. So, unless you are perpetuating the myth that minorites are naturally stupid, tests about intellect and ability are not racists, do you think that blacks are "just plain too stupid"?

You don't know that they didn't prepare and they most certainly did not cry racism. You're an idiot Willow, and your post about only white men getting stimulous jobs was either a lie or just futher proof that you are an idiot because no one said that.

I may be an idiot,, but they did cry racism.. sotomyer ruled it a racist test.. and yes,, we did all see the man say that the money and jobs should not go to those prepared and to white men.. we all got a good laugh over it.. denial is a river in egypt.. ravirabid.:lol:

Forum List

Back