Madhoff gets his 150 years

No big surprise, everyone was predicting he'd get that. I can't imagine facing the rest of my life in prison. God he's a dumbass.

Geezus.

Where did all that money go?

Is he going to work off paying all the people he ripped off by making license plates and hemp jewelry?

I predict he won't make it till the end of the sentance.

:razz:

Time off for good behavior, he could get out in 50 years.

But I could see him doing the same thing Mostel and Wilder did at the end of "The Producers." He will probably corner all the cigarettes in San Quentin in a year.

The discussion at lunch included sentiments that he shouldn't be sentenced to more than 40 years because he likely will not live that long. (I think he's 70 something already.) I say it makes no difference how long he's expected to live...he should spend all his future time alive in prison. The sentence should fit the crime. He should have been sentenced to 200 years.

I understand too that the government has seized the property that would have kept Mrs. Madoff living in luxury as her husband wears an orange jump suit and works out with his friends in the local gym. Maybe she can get herself a nice double-wide and a job as a greeter at Wal-Mart.

I wonder what kind of special treatment he will get from the guards willing to accept bribes from the money that Bernie has stashed away over the years. Maybe he'll have a private penthouse and swimming pool built for himself.

I predict he won't make it till the end of the sentance.

:razz:

Time off for good behavior, he could get out in 50 years.

But I could see him doing the same thing Mostel and Wilder did at the end of "The Producers." He will probably corner all the cigarettes in San Quentin in a year.

I think he could be up for parole in 105 years. :lol:
I do believe the judge is sending a message to the scamers that this isn't going to be tolerated any longer, and this is what you'll get.

Is he going to work off paying all the people he ripped off by making license plates and hemp jewelry?

The crime of the century.. His family will be hurting financially. They can't even get jobs at this point, nobody trusts them.

The crime of the century.. His family will be hurting financially. They can't even get jobs at this point, nobody trusts them.

Yeah, his family, well, were they 100% clueless to what he was doing?

Now...what about all the other families he ripped off? Will they be compensated in any way?

So glad to hear this. The guy is scum.

When is the government going to give back all the taxes paid on the non-existent money to the folks who got scammed?

Now...what about all the other families he ripped off? Will they be compensated in any way?
Heck no.

Actually, I think it was one of his sons that turned him in though. But it looks like window dressing to me, as he got turned in just as the whole house of cards began to crumble.

And given the nature of what he did, there were no little people to be involved. He was mostly doing this to rich folks and sleazy charities. Planned parenthood, for example, had to shut down a large number of offices because the were hevily invested in Madhoff, as were several prominent government officials. Which is probably why the sentence was so stiff. He ripped off mostly rich, connected Democrats.

You know, I got a great deal of satisfaction watching the news this morning, because just as the sentence was being handed down, MSNBC had a reporter who was outside the courtroom, being told by someone else in the courtroom that Madoff had just been given 150 years.

And.......like a previous poster had said, the double wide trailer may not be such a far off thing. It seems that Mrs. Madoff has been running around (she's lost her penthouse where Madoff was at for house arrest) trying to find another place to live.

Seems that everywhere she goes, regardless as to whether she uses her maiden or married name, gets doors slammed in her face. Seems that nobody wants a crook like her living in their building.

Good enough for them.

By the way......it also came out that NOBODY sent in a letter to the judge on his behalf. Not his friends, not his children nor his wife.

Matter of fact, his kids have started to refer to him as "Mr. Madoff". They are no longer acknowledging him as their father.

Good riddance Madoff.

Know what would be REALLY funny? If Yeshua comes back before Madoff dies, and grants eternal life to the whole world, but still tells Madoff he's gotta serve the full 150.

Wouldn't that be a bitch?

Hope then don't send him to country club prison. That man needs county jail, where his asshole is sure to grow!

This peace of shit needs every asset stripped, his children's assets should be stripped and his wife should be left without a pot to piss in and that pot should have been purchased from the salavation Army!

This peace of shit, has done more to fuel antisemitism since Judas!

You know......he ought to be put in G-pop (general population), for the first 5 years of his sentence.

If he can successfully make it through that in a State prison without getting into trouble?

MAYBE then he can go to club Fed.

Heck no.

Actually, I think it was one of his sons that turned him in though. But it looks like window dressing to me, as he got turned in just as the whole house of cards began to crumble.

And given the nature of what he did, there were no little people to be involved. He was mostly doing this to rich folks and sleazy charities. Planned parenthood, for example, had to shut down a large number of offices because the were hevily invested in Madhoff, as were several prominent government officials. Which is probably why the sentence was so stiff. He ripped off mostly rich, connected Democrats.

So stealing an entire retirement of a person is in your opinion OK? I mean for every multimillionaire, there were retirees whose whole life savings lost with to this monster!

Heck no.

Wrong.......it wasn't just "mostly rich, connected Democrats".

Madoff's fraud, maybe the biggest in Wall Street history, wiped out thousands of people around the globe. Not all of them were Palm Beach millionaires.

A sizable roster of public school teachers, farmers, mechanics and other middle class folk are also among the victims. Many had been enjoying a comfortable retirement until Madoff's arrest in December. Now, nest eggs gone, they are struggling to pay the bills.

Help isn't on the way anytime soon.

Prosecutors, who have asked a federal judge in Manhattan to sentence Madoff to 150 years, have promised to seize his assets and force him to pay restitution. On Friday, a judge ruled Madoff must forfeit $171 billion in assets, and his wife Ruth was stripped of more than $80 million in net worth she claimed was hers.

Madoff sentencing nears, but victims' pain goes on - Yahoo! News

It was reported that yes, while there were quite a few rich people, a lot of the ripoff involved middle class types as well.

He didn't just steal from the rich.

You aren't really this dense in real life, are you?

Like I said before, when I look at his victim list...

Well, that is pretty crass of me. But still..

Class baiting.

Nice.

Forum List

Back