Justice for Emmett Till ?

Tommy Tainant

Diamond Member
Jan 20, 2016
Y Cae Ras

Thelma Wright Edwards knows this is the last chance for justice for Emmett Till. The next few weeks and months will determine whether there will ever be closure for her beloved cousin “Bobo”, as the family affectionately call the child.

The Guardian has learned that a reinvestigation of the boy’s murder that has been carried out by the FBI over the past three years could be wrapped up in weeks. For Thelma and the rest of the Till family, a decades-long struggle for justice is fast approaching its conclusion.

In August, it will be 65 years since the battered and bloated body of the 14-year-old Emmett Till was fished from the muddy waters of the Tallahatchie River in Mississippi. His kidnapping, torture and murder on 28 August 1955 for having whistled at a white woman was a defining moment of postwar American history.

I am not sure what the outcome might be on this. But there must be many more cases like this that warrant investigation.

My grandmother once told me a story from her childhood where the family got dressed in their Sunday clothes on Saturday, packed a lunch and took off for the next county. They got to a big field with a bunch of other people where they said a prayer, ate their lunch, listened to a bunch of patriotic speeches and christian sermons and they hung a black man.

My grandmother once told me a story from her childhood where the family got dressed in their Sunday clothes on Saturday, packed a lunch and took off for the next county. They got to a big field with a bunch of other people where they said a prayer, ate their lunch, listened to a bunch of patriotic speeches and christian sermons and they hung a black man.
Sounds like fun for almost all of them.

Did she also tell you about the time she said "bloody Mary" in the mirror three times and Mary appeared and killed all her friends?

Or about the time her dad picked up a hitchhiker who disappeared from the car before arriving to her destination...only to find out the hitchhiker had died on that road that very night 40 years ago?

Cuz all those stories are equally true...

Last edited:
Did she also tell you about the time she said "bloody Mary" in the mirror three times and Mary appeared and killed all her friends?

Or about the time her dad picked up a hitchhiker who disappeared from the car before arriving to her destination...only to find ouy the hitchhiker had died that night 40 years ago that very night?

Cuz they're all true...
That's nothing, we were out driving and saw this guy hitchhiking with a 12 pack of Bud. And an axe. I pulled over to pick him up and my wife said, he's got an axe! I said but he's got beer! Then as we drove on I saw another guy hitching, with a chain saw. I pulled in to pick him up and my wife says, but he's got a chain saw! The guy with the axe says, yeah but he's got beer!

Sounds like fun for almost all of them.
Really? Which part do you think you would enjoy most? Where they murdered in the name of patriotism or when they murdered in the name of God?

Or about the time her dad picked up a hitchhiker who disappeared from the car before arriving to her destination...only to find out the hitchhiker had died on that road that very night 40 years ago?

Everyone who grew up in the Jim Crow south has similar stories. The white ones just don't talk about them much.

Over 4000 according to the article.

They don't care. They think it's liberal white guilt to even talk about what happened.

..those white people are evil
..I can tell a bunch of stories of BLACKS raping and murdering whites--TORTURING whites/etc

..yes, the blacks were treated horribly .....

...at many hangings, people would bring their kids/etc ..have a ''party''

Everyone who grew up in the Jim Crow south has similar stories. The white ones just don't talk about them much.
ALL the white people are EVIL--EVERYONE of them................???????!!!!!

They don't care. They think it's liberal white guilt to even talk about what happened.
...the HIGH black crime and murder rate of today is more on their minds--rightly so
........I guess we should talk about making cheese in the Medieval Age??
or I guess we HAVE to talk about ceiling fans of the Jim Crow days??

.....whenever my family gets together, we ALWAYS talk about blacks being hung..so you are wrong

Forum List

Back