Justice Department Tells Ferguson Police To Stop Wearing Bracelets

This is the equivalent of if people had been buying Casey Anthony wrist bands before her trial had begun. Absurd.

Yeah....all those minorities went to the riot/loot fest and all they got was the lousy t-shirt.....that and of course everything they could steal.

You're pathetic.....

Boy will these people feel really fucking stupid if Wilson is found guilty.
And what will YOU say if he's found not guilty? The jury was bought off?
well actions like these leave the possibility open that the police weren't entirely unbiased in their investigation.

does that make sense to you?

The police wearing these won't be investigating the shooting of Mr Brown. The prosecuting attorney of St Louis County Mo will be

I would have to agree that it is a foolish thing to let the officers wear on duty. This police department has mishandled the whole situation. C'mon guys, you should think about shit like this before you do it. Why not just wear a blue bracelet if it is that important to you. To be that brazen is not gonna endear you to the natives and only serve to make a bad situation that much worse.

You are peace officers, not billboards. And you should know better. Look at the community you are serving.

DOJ should not have to intervene. The Chief and senior ranking officers should have not ever let it get to that point.

I would have to agree that it is a foolish thing to let the officers wear on duty. This police department has mishandled the whole situation. C'mon guys, you should think about shit like this before you do it. Why not just wear a blue bracelet if it is that important to you. To be that brazen is not gonna endear you to the natives and only serve to make a bad situation that much worse.

You are peace officers, not billboards. And you should know better. Look at the community you are serving.

DOJ should not have to intervene. The Chief and senior ranking officers should have not ever let it get to that point.
Isnt the purpose of bracelets like that to show support for a particular cause? If so, don't you think that supporting an innocent man who is your friend and coworker is a good cause?

They are police officers. They are supposed to be unbiased and it shows a real gap of professionalism. The police are so "danger averse" that something like this would only invite more hostility. Its foolish. That police chief is a serious stooge to let his officers do this.

The officer is presumed innocent. Although within the limits of the law, I seriously doubt he is. He panicked and killed that kid is my guess. All the evidence paints a bad picture for this officer.

They are police officers. They are supposed to be unbiased and it shows a real gap of professionalism. The police are so "danger averse" that something like this would only invite more hostility. Its foolish. That police chief is a serious stooge to let his officers do this.
What if they are being railroaded by the public? People always like to assume that the public is always right, but what the hell man, they called this poor cop a murderer on day one. The public is the enemy sometimes, and this is one of those times. The police probably feel like this is one of the few ways they can fight back against the uninformed lynch mob.

The public in general are idiots. Our justice system does not allow for mob rule. They are free to protest, call for hangings, etc etc etc,, but, the justice system does not move at the publics pace and is set up for just that happening.

If he is innocent, and looking at the evidence so far, that is a very serious stretch, the system will bear it out. The officer has enough funds to hire a lawyer team and it will play out in the courts. The grand jury is a joke in this case anyways.

The mere appreance of inpropriety is cause for a raised eyebrow.

A jury will hear this case and depending on the indictments, if they happen (which they should) his attorney team will fight the case as appropriate. The public is free to do as it will. If his attorneys feel that the officer cannot get a fair trial then the venue will be moved.

Many black folks have asked for a change of venue for a polarizing case and if they feel that the jury pool is tainted it will be moved.

The officer is presumed innocent. Although within the limits of the law, I seriously doubt he is. He panicked and killed that kid is my guess. All the evidence paints a bad picture for this officer.
Our president is supposed to be unbiased too, and do what's best for the country. Does he? No. Does the left complain? No. So do they have any room to bitch about wrist bands? No.

This is a regional issue and goes directly to the safety of the officers and maintaining the peace. It is foolish and a seasoned and professional police chief would know better then to allow the officers in his or her charge to do it.

What first amendment?

Who said you have a First Amendment right on your employer's time?

Since when did the DOJ have anything to do with the local police?

holder was the guy who got Elian Gonzalez deported

Uh, no. Wrong administration. Bill Clinton was the president that ordered the deportation of Elian Gonzalez and Janet Reno the AG that carried it out.

yes

however Gonzalez is a part of Holders legacy

One of my favorite Eric Holder stories involves his role in the Justice Department’s handling of the Elian Gonzalez case. In the period before armed agents seized the child, the Justice Department had been leaking its intention to avoid any sort of armed intervention. It would all be done quietly, they suggested. When top Department officials were asked about it, they said nothing to change that impression. About two weeks before the raid, Tim Russert asked Holder, “You wouldn’t send a SWAT team in the dark of night to kidnap the child, in effect?” Holder answered, “No, we don’t expect anything like that to happen.” Then the Department did precisely that. The day after the seizure, Holder appeared again with Russert, who asked, “Why such a dramatic change in position?” “I’m not sure I’d call it a dramatic change,” Holder answered. “We waited ’til five in the morning, just before dawn.”

http://www.nationalreview.com/corner/173919/eric-holder-and-seizing-elian/byron-york

I think if it's wrong for the officers to wear these bracelets, because it shows support for a side, then it's also wrong for Captain Ron Johnson to march with the protesters. If it's wrong, it's all wrong, and they should all stay neutral.

I think if it's wrong for the officers to wear these bracelets, because it shows support for a side, then it's also wrong for Captain Ron Johnson to march with the protesters. If it's wrong, it's all wrong, and they should all stay neutral.

that is a good point

Good point.

However, I do think if the shooting had not been so bungled from the start by the upper echelon of the FPD he would not have had to march with them and the situation would have never gotten to that point.

Also, it's faulty logic to compare this issue with George Zimmerman and Casey Anthony. Vastly different circumstances.

[
no, they get to protect them for others, but they don't get to say what they want while in uniform.
they are to be impartial upholders of the law.
Sounds like a restriction of first amendment rights.
Sad that you support that.
sad that you don't understand why the police force can't have it's officers showing bias while in uniform.
this is not a hard concept. they are everyone's police. they can't be the democratic police, the republican police, the white power police, the black power police, the communist police, the capitalist police, the gay police, the straight police, the christian police, the atheist police, the old people police, the teenager police...

they need to be just the police, treating everyone the same.
They are showing support for a coworker and still treating everybody the same.

The other officers are presuming him innocent, as is the law.
The protesters are presuming him guilty, which is in direct violation of how our legal system works.

P.S.
Michael Brown was 18, that makes him a legal adult, not a kid.

The officers are the Police. As professionals and knowing the current situation this is as about a foolish a thing they could possibly do. Unless they seem to want more overtime to contain all the protests.

Protesters can say or do whatever they feel like. That is their right. Does not mean they are right or wrong. I do find protesting at midnight, ummm, well, perplexing? Who the hell protests at midnight? But then again, if its within the confines of the law, that is their right.

P.S.
Michael Brown was 18, that makes him a legal adult, not a kid.

18 year olds are kids. within the law they are adults, so I will concede that point. But we both know a 18 year is a kid.

Forum List

Back