Justice Department Tells Ferguson Police To Stop Wearing Bracelets

I have no problem if the employer, the Fergusson Police Dept, tells the officers they can't wear, them. I don't have a problem if the DOJ asks them not too, but this is pretty much an order.
The article says the DOJ has "asked" Fergusson to "order" the officers not to wear them. That sounds a bit stronger than just a simple request.

I can see how the bracelets could enflame the rioters even more, but I don't blame the cops for wanting to show solidarity with their coworker. They know directly what they have to go through on a daily basis in a pit like this.
after everything that happened you trust the ferguson police department to make good decisions?

You mean everything after the justified shooting and truthful reports of the perp's actions prior to that shooting, followed by the protection of persons and property against looters and rioters?

You mean everything after the justified shooting and truthful reports of the perp's actions prior to that shooting, followed by the protection of persons and property against looters and rioters?
you really think they handled that well?

What first amendment?
not while their on the job. on the job they need to show impartiality
You wouldn't say that if they wanted to wear Obama buttons.
no, i would. you can construct whatever strawman you want for me, but it doesn't change that the police shouldn't be showing support for either side while in uniform. in that community especially they need to give the appearance of impartiality.

This is the equivalent of if people had been buying Casey Anthony wrist bands before her trial had begun. Absurd.

Yeah....all those minorities went to the riot/loot fest and all they got was the lousy t-shirt.....that and of course everything they could steal.

You're pathetic.....

Boy will these people feel really fucking stupid if Wilson is found guilty.

This is the equivalent of if people had been buying Casey Anthony wrist bands before her trial had begun. Absurd.

Yeah....all those minorities went to the riot/loot fest and all they got was the lousy t-shirt.....that and of course everything they could steal.

You're pathetic.....

And what will YOU say if he's found not guilty? The jury was bought off?

You're pathetic.....

And what will YOU say if he's found not guilty? The jury was bought off?
well actions like these leave the possibility open that the police weren't entirely unbiased in their investigation.

does that make sense to you?

They have someone beheading people at work, terrorist threatening our country and THIS IS what this Federal Government is WORRIED ABOUT

seriously people vote these clowns out of office, we are not safe in their hands

contact you Missouri Governor and ream his ass out, the Feds has NO RIGHTS to come into a state and order them around

They have someone beheading people at work, terrorist threatening our country and THIS IS what this Federal Government is WORRIED ABOUT

seriously people vote these clowns out of office, we are not safe in their hands

contact you Missouri Governor and ream his ass out, the Feds has NO RIGHTS to come into a state and order them around
since we all know that the entire federal bureaucracy can only deal with one issue at a time you completely have a point.

if the police department was smart they'd listen. removing the bracelets is good advice.

and i almost hate to ask, but what would you have the federal government do to prevent workplace knife violence?

Forum List

Back