Just would love to be able to talk about it w/o anger

The Infidel

EVIL CONSERVATIVE
May 19, 2010
AMERITOPIA
I was listening to a late night radio show just a little earlier... this is after hearing about this atrocity friday and going to work only to hear more callous political idiocy on the radio at work... ABC pulled their silliness. Which was very purposely done to stir things up IMO.

I remember telling my wife as I was leaving friday morning, that somehow Rush Limbaugh would be at the center of controversy.... boy was I wrong in that way.
It actually got worst than I thouht. Now I hear he might be an OWS idiot.... personally, I dont care... I just want him to get what he has coming... and soon too!

So back to that late night radio show just a little earlier... I just happened to hear a guy describing what he saw at the theatre as the carnage was just getting assessed... he looked and saw a distraught police officer carrying a (what seemed no older than a yr) lifeless little girl covered in blood out the front door of the theatre. He was crying too..
'When I heard that... I guess the emotion in that guys voice really hit me deeply... I stood and cried for the families of those who are dealing with the loss of, or the sudden life changing injury of a friend or family member.

I must admit that I got very defensive when I first heard what ABC did... it set the stage for some of us to come along and fight and throw poo at eachother

I know we all dealt with it in our own ways... some wish they couldve shot back (body armor - not happening) Some ran... we needed those type to direct the exits... some assisted in retrieving friends and dragging them to safety.....

Then there were these young gallant gentlemen who put their own safety aside for their girlfriends... and jumped in front of their girls... wow, what heroes they turned out to be.
From article: In final acts of valor, Jon Blunk, Matt McQuinn and Alex Teves used their bodies to shield their girlfriends as accused madman James Holmes turned the Aurora cineplex into a shooting gallery.
Blunk’s girlfriend, Jansen Young; McQuinn’s girlfriend, Samantha Yowler; and Teves’ gal pal Amanda Lindgren made it out of the bloodbath — but they would have been killed had it not been for the loves of their lives.

I guess what I am tring to say is.... If I have ever been guilty of politicizing Colorado tragedy, for that I am sorry... that was never my intentions. I just felt as though I needed to defend my fellow con$, BUT.... Sometimes when ya start defending folks you sometimescan get very nasty.

If I have said something nasty or hateful... I opologize.
This incident has made me hug my wife and girls that much tighter....For they can be taken away from us so very easily.
*kind of misty eyed*

Lets put away our hatred and mourn the young that will never have kids of their own, or marry, perhaps cure cancer... they lost a precious thing the other night..... it was their innocence.

Again.... I am sorry Peach, Lokota, Black label, Plasmaball... any others too.
I just wanted to fight back, but perhaps it was selfish.
We shoulda waited for the dead to be layed to rest first I guess.

Last edited:
The one true fact about the gunman is, he was a maniacal, mentally deranged nut case, and his politics, no matter what they really are, have nothing to do with that.

Infidel, Thank you for putting the entire tragedy in the proper perspective. The best to you and your family.

Infidel, Thank you for putting the entire tragedy in the proper perspective. The best to you and your family.

Thanks Jackson... I hope those kids that were there will be able to put this behind them and move on with their life, but its going to be tough.

Forum List

Back