Just who is the Federalists Society

I have no delusions anymore, we are not a democracy, we are run by the people with money.
We never were a democracy.

Yes, unfortunately, we are run by people with money because we have allowed government to get out of control and ignore its primary function, which is that of preserving individual liberty.

You mean corp liberty. We do not and should not have ind liberty except for what is legal. I believe in laws.

For objectivity and independent thought, yeah most of 'em are WAY underqualified which explains why they became Democrat sheeple in the first place.

FYI: The United States is a federalist nation, has been since its founding, not sure why you attempted to associate libertarians with Africa but I guess I can chalk it up to ignorance producing odd side effects.

Its a democracy. It has always been maj rules.

Wow. The public school system sure did you wrong.

I suggest they did you wrong. We area democracy, like it or not. Take away the EC, even they go by maj vote.

We are not, nor have we ever been. We are a Republic, under a Constitution.
I have no delusions anymore, we are not a democracy, we are run by the people with money.

We are indeed but they are not Conservatives.

So we are a democracy?

You're confusing having a Democratic form of Government with being a "Democracy". We were given a Constitutional Republic. Woodrow Wilson signed it away when he signed the Federal Reserve into law.

Who were the federalist?
Federalists. Along with John Jay and Alexander Hamilton, James Madison penned The Federalist Papers. The supporters of the proposed Constitution called themselves "Federalists." Their adopted name implied a commitment to a loose, decentralized system of government.

Yes we are considered a federalist nation whereas the the states have ind. rule and a Fed Gov.

I have an idea , lets get rid of the military and just have state militias. No federal gov at all. Let ban the United in states. Does that sound good?

Every state has its own militia and I'm not talking the NG, I mean after all they are the ones who will get rid of the Fed Gov.
The Federalist Papers were letters to the editor and had the same power as these letters to the message boards. Madison was not a Federalist, he, Jefferson and others will begin the liberal party that will become the Democratic party of today.
Oh, good lord.

The Federalist Papers explain the Constitution. They are not impotent. They absolutely were written to influence our interpretation of that instrument.

And Madison was a Federalist. The Constitution, which he drafted, is an instrument of the Federalist Party.

And then he abandoned that party to join the Republicans.

You have to be a blithering idiot to insist the 1st Amendment applies to the people being able to say whatever they want, but the 2nd Amendment applies only to certain people the government wants to arm and only while actually on active duty.
Wow. "Wrong" is not strong enough of a word.

The 2nd Amendment applies to Congress. It tells Congress that it shall not make laws infringing on the right of people to have arms. There is no other reasonable interpretation. It is a prohibition on Congressional action. Nothing more.

The power to regulate "arms" is reserved by the individual states.
The First Amendment restricts the Congress also.

You missed what Pete was saying. The snowflakes should not regard the two amendments differently.

For objectivity and independent thought, yeah most of 'em are WAY underqualified which explains why they became Democrat sheeple in the first place.

FYI: The United States is a federalist nation, has been since its founding, not sure why you attempted to associate libertarians with Africa but I guess I can chalk it up to ignorance producing odd side effects.

Wow. The public school system sure did you wrong.

I suggest they did you wrong. We area democracy, like it or not. Take away the EC, even they go by maj vote.

We are not, nor have we ever been. We are a Republic, under a Constitution.

Why do we vote then??

You could not possibly afford my rates to provide remedial civics lessons to you.

Donors to the Federalist Society include Google, Chevron, Charles G. and David H. Koch; the family foundation of Richard Mellon Scaife; and the Mercer family.

Snip

Members of the society helped to encourage President George W. Bush’s decision to terminate a nearly half-century-old practice of rating qualifications for office for judicial nominees by the American Bar Association. Since the administration of President Dwight D. Eisenhower, the American Bar Association provided the service to presidents of both parties and the nation by vetting the qualifications of those under consideration for lifetime appointment to the federal judiciary. The society alleged that the bar association showed a liberal bias in its recommendations.[16][17][18] Examples given included that while former Supreme Court clerks nominated to the Court of Appeals by Democrats had an average rating of slightly below "well qualified", similar Republican nominees were rated on average as only "qualified/well qualified." In addition the bar association gave Ronald Reagan's judicial nominees Richard Posner and Frank H. Easterbrook its lowest possible ratings of "qualified/not qualified",[19] and Judges Posner and Easterbrook have gone on to become the two most highly cited judges in the federal appellate judiciary.[20]

In The Federalist Society by Michael Avery and Danielle McLaughlin, the authors write that every federal judge appointed by both President George H.W. Bush and President George W. Bush was either a member, or was approved by members of the society.[8] Avery and McLaughlin write that the society is primarily a "group of intellectuals."[21]

The society helped to assemble the list of 21 people from which Donald Trump said he would choose a nominee to replace Antonin Scalia on the U.S. Supreme Court. Nine of the 21 individuals spoke at the society's annual convention in late November 2016, while nearly all of the others were in attendance

Federalist Society - Wikipedia

-------------------------------------------------------------
So Democrats are under qualified. I suggest these white racist move to Africa and you can start over from scratch and go back in time to the 1800's. Then Africa can be a Libertarian nation or Federalist nation. (PS- I'm aware this is wiki so follow the links)

Are you suggesting the National Bar Association are white racist? That was their ratings.

Who were the federalist?
Federalists. Along with John Jay and Alexander Hamilton, James Madison penned The Federalist Papers. The supporters of the proposed Constitution called themselves "Federalists." Their adopted name implied a commitment to a loose, decentralized system of government.

Yes we are considered a federalist nation whereas the the states have ind. rule and a Fed Gov.

I have an idea , lets get rid of the military and just have state militias. No federal gov at all. Let ban the United in states. Does that sound good?

Every state has its own militia and I'm not talking the NG, I mean after all they are the ones who will get rid of the Fed Gov.

Have you ever bothered to read what Madison has said about the rolls of the States and the Feds? Here's a hint.

The powers delegated by the proposed Constitution to the federal government, are few and defined. Those which are to remain in the State governments are numerous and indefinite. The former will be exercised principally on external objects, as war, peace, negotiation, and foreign commerce; with which last the power of taxation will, for the most part, be connected. The powers reserved to the several States will extend to all the objects which, in the ordinary course of affairs, concern the lives, liberties, and properties of the people, and the internal order, improvement, and prosperity of the State. -James Madison Federalist 45

The original intent has no resemblance to what we have today.

Africa is a nation.

Why am I always the last to find out?

Its a continent. Its full of countries. They can start over there, they will even have Africa has lots of blacks , lets see them change them up again.

By the way, if they want to go back to the Constitution, that means we go back to slavery, or are they, the new conservatives going to pick and choose???

Damn, you're not very smart are ya? The Constitution has been amended 26 times and they are as much a part of the Constitution as any other passage. There no picking an choosing, it's about following it as written, not as annotated.

Good gawd.

You have to be a mole.

Are you saying its not maj rule??? Explain why we vote and congress votes. I will be waiting.

It's a Republic. Are you familiar with the Articles of Confederation?
Good gawd.

You have to be a mole.

Are you saying its not maj rule??? Explain why we vote and congress votes. I will be waiting.

It's a Republic. Are you familiar with the Articles of Confederation?

You mean when we had 13 states and it was 1777 and we didn't' have a Fed Gov or military.

And the industrial revolution was passing by and they had just left a monarchy and were skittish about the joining anything?

Yes I agree, they didn't want a monarchy. They wanted separation of Church and State as well and boy has that line has got blurred, hasn't it?

There is nothing in the Constitution about separation of Church and State, it just said congress could not establish a national religion. Many of the founding States had State religions, supported by taxpayers. The supreme court invented todays standard based on a letter Jefferson penned, not the Constitution.

Africa is a nation.

Its a continent. Its full of countries. They can start over there, they will even have Africa has lots of blacks , lets see them change them up again.

By the way, if they want to go back to the Constitution, that means we go back to slavery, or are they, the new conservatives going to pick and choose???
The Constitution included two provisions to discourage slavery.

The Democratic Party, however, emerged in the 1820s to challenge our principles and institutions.

No the society wants to go back to the original Constitution.

Wrong!!!
Our Purpose
  • Law schools and the legal profession are currently strongly dominated by a form of orthodox liberal ideology which advocates a centralized and uniform society. While some members of the academic community have dissented from these views, by and large they are taught simultaneously with (and indeed as if they were) the law.
  • The Federalist Society for Law and Public Policy Studies is a group of conservatives and libertarians interested in the current state of the legal order. It is founded on the principles that the state exists to preserve freedom, that the separation of governmental powers is central to our Constitution, and that it is emphatically the province and duty of the judiciary to say what the law is, not what it should be. The Society seeks both to promote an awareness of these principles and to further their application through its activities.
  • This entails reordering priorities within the legal system to place a premium on individual liberty, traditional values, and the rule of law. It also requires restoring the recognition of the importance of these norms among lawyers, judges, law students and professors. In working to achieve these goals, the Society has created a conservative and libertarian intellectual network that extends to all levels of the legal community.

Ya need a link.

Donors to the Federalist Society include Google, Chevron, Charles G. and David H. Koch; the family foundation of Richard Mellon Scaife; and the Mercer family.

Snip

Members of the society helped to encourage President George W. Bush’s decision to terminate a nearly half-century-old practice of rating qualifications for office for judicial nominees by the American Bar Association. Since the administration of President Dwight D. Eisenhower, the American Bar Association provided the service to presidents of both parties and the nation by vetting the qualifications of those under consideration for lifetime appointment to the federal judiciary. The society alleged that the bar association showed a liberal bias in its recommendations.[16][17][18] Examples given included that while former Supreme Court clerks nominated to the Court of Appeals by Democrats had an average rating of slightly below "well qualified", similar Republican nominees were rated on average as only "qualified/well qualified." In addition the bar association gave Ronald Reagan's judicial nominees Richard Posner and Frank H. Easterbrook its lowest possible ratings of "qualified/not qualified",[19] and Judges Posner and Easterbrook have gone on to become the two most highly cited judges in the federal appellate judiciary.[20]

In The Federalist Society by Michael Avery and Danielle McLaughlin, the authors write that every federal judge appointed by both President George H.W. Bush and President George W. Bush was either a member, or was approved by members of the society.[8] Avery and McLaughlin write that the society is primarily a "group of intellectuals."[21]

The society helped to assemble the list of 21 people from which Donald Trump said he would choose a nominee to replace Antonin Scalia on the U.S. Supreme Court. Nine of the 21 individuals spoke at the society's annual convention in late November 2016, while nearly all of the others were in attendance

So Democrats are under qualified. I suggest these white racist move to Africa and you can start over from scratch and go back in time to the 1800's. Then Africa can be a Libertarian nation or Federalist nation. (PS- I'm aware this is wiki so follow the links)

Who cares.

Snip

For the most part you have listed nothing wrong.

Africa is a nation.

You move to Aftica.....asswipe.

So Democrats are under qualified.

I suggest these white racist move to Africa and you can start over from scratch and go back in time to the 1800's. Then Africa can be a Libertarian nation or Federalist nation.

George Washington - President of the United States (POTUS) Vote for Washington for Potus.

Congress is maj rule. Why do they even vote???

America was formed as a republic, dumb ass........go find me any part of the organic Constitution or the Declaration or the Bill of Rights were "democracy" is discussed or mentioned.

I suggest these white racist move to Africa and you can start over from scratch and go back in time to the 1800's. Then Africa can be a Libertarian nation or Federalist nation.

George Washington - President of the United States (POTUS) Vote for Washington for Potus.

America was formed as a republic, dumb ass........go find me any part of the organic Constitution or the Declaration or the Bill of Rights were "democracy" is discussed or mentioned.
"We the people"

"We the people"
what is a republic? :)

Forum List

Back