just thank your nurse...

strollingbones

Diamond Member
Sep 19, 2008
chicken farm
last week was nurse's week....

11203117_10204199835099484_6523600570438438344_n.jpg

my nurse is ericka .....i have no clue how she spells it....she does my chemo and holds my hand during scopes and any other procedure in the office...we talk about our lives and laugh a lot...she always reassures me....

i have cancer and i am very glad ericka is my nurse...and thankful

my best nurse story: i just got out of recovery.....and i wanted to urinate.....which i told my male nurse.....his reply...."miss bonez you have a cath in to hold the chemo in your bladder, the chemo makes you feel like you have a full bladder"

now that is not a big deal till i remembered about a week later.....i told him every 5 minutes i had to pee....no one says urinate in the hospital...its all basic...and his reply was always warm and friendly and the same....so they go to remove the chemo and they move me to another room....you cannot remove chemo in a room that has another room occupied under it....he gives my hubby the haz mat suit to carry for him and off we go to the other room....the nurse gets all this gear on and then empties the chemo stuff into a bed pan....then goes into the bathroom and flushes the toilet...at which point....i ask if he just flushed the chemo down the toilet and he says...he did....that i would be shocked at what the flush into the water system...and then he flushes again...and says...apparently flushing the toilet twice is all we need to do....

last week was nurse's week....

11203117_10204199835099484_6523600570438438344_n.jpg

my nurse is ericka .....i have no clue how she spells it....she does my chemo and holds my hand during scopes and any other procedure in the office...we talk about our lives and laugh a lot...she always reassures me....

i have cancer and i am very glad ericka is my nurse...and thankful

UP to actual surgery, nurses do all the actual work in hospitals. Had a kidney stone years back, and visiting an 'urgent care center' late at night it was nurses who did all the work. A doctor came in for less than a minute, tried to look sagely as he perused my chart, then wrote out an Rx and left. Of the few hours I spent there, maybe 1 minutes out of several hundred was with a doctor.

Overpaid, almost superfluous prima donnas.

Sorry to hear you're going through ll that Bonez, I've refused any chemo or radiation. My Wife and I are looking into using a GB4000 Rife Machine.

The Nurses at Hershey Med Center were all fantastic. They even kept my Dad's wife out of the recovery room as much as possible!

This was also the first time I got "cathetered". Nurse old me: "Doc says it's been too long after surgery that you haven't peed so here's goes!" Burned going in, burned coming out. Burned for 3 days after. Never again. I was shocked at how much came out.

Forum List

Back