Just more Microsoft arrogance, and reminding you they can do whatever they want.

.... opened up the wife's laptop and...what's this...."April 2018 update" ran.
The wallpaper we had was changed back to Microsoft's default wallpaper.
Microsoft Edge was reset as the default browser, and a Edge icon placed on the desktop as well as the quickstart bar on the bottom.
I also noticed that when I hit the "start" button, the Libre Office icon that was at the top was no longer there....the display now shows all apps in alphabetical order instead of by last usage. WTF? WHy would anyone want that?

At any rate.... thanks Microsoft for fucking with our computer and changing our settings to what you would rather us do.
Looks like I was right. I just learned that the Update was rolled out by an AI. They brought you that gift.

depositphotos_51960337-Gift-icon.jpg

But that´s not all! They just declared the April Update Enterprise-ready, which makes you a beta tester.

The options are to roll back to XP Pro which is easily customizable, and via XPLite one can jettison the various backdoors M$ uses to gain access....or switch to Linux.

Microsoft Edge was reset as the default browser, and a Edge icon placed on the desktop as well as the quickstart bar on the bottom.
I also noticed that when I hit the "start" button, the Libre Office icon that was at the top was no longer there....the display now shows all apps in alphabetical order instead of by last usage. WTF? WHy would anyone want that?

At any rate.... thanks Microsoft for fucking with our computer and changing our settings to what you would rather us do.
!!!!

There oughta be a law!

Your dumb enough to run Microshaft....like most of the asshats on this ball of shit we call a planet. Apple may be worse ! But at least apple is a bit stable. Try learning Linux instead of watching TV. See the light !

I was running Linux when you were still a wee lad my son
Does Microsoft Word work on Linux?
How about Worlds of Warcraft.
without a microsoft emulator?

I believe Steam has WoW, and available for Linux....not sure.
Libre Office is what Linux has (among others, but it is what I use).... it will open any Word Document, Excel, Powerpoint etc.
Started using Libreoffice when I upgraded to Windows 10. Was forced to, my pirated version of word 2010 quit working.

I use whatever is on the computer provided for free with the computer. I can't afford to buy a $400 OS on top of my $1000 computer. Windows 10 was a free upgrade. Chrome is free, I use it. Everything I use is free or I wouldn't use it.
Considering the big three in Linux are free (as are 99.9% of all Linux distros).........

Just curious, what are the big 3?

I got ahold of a Windows 10 and ripped that right out of it with Linux. It was barely functional by the time I got done, but it did what I needed it to, and Cortana and Edge were gone.
Having the pro version of w10 helps, your able to disable some stuff but it still sucks eggs.

I do what I want with Operating Systems. :rolleyes:

Windows 10 tried to make it hard, but it's not that hard for me. :FIREdevil:

Libre Office is what Linux has (among others, but it is what I use).... it will open any Word Document, Excel, Powerpoint etc.
Started using Libreoffice when I upgraded to Windows 10. Was forced to, my pirated version of word 2010 quit working.

I use whatever is on the computer provided for free with the computer. I can't afford to buy a $400 OS on top of my $1000 computer. Windows 10 was a free upgrade. Chrome is free, I use it. Everything I use is free or I wouldn't use it.
Considering the big three in Linux are free (as are 99.9% of all Linux distros).........

Arch, Ubuntu, ?

Arch, Ubuntu, ?

That's 2. I'd say Ubuntu, Mint, and-? Idk here. :dunno:

I do what I want. :funnyface:

I don't need no stinkin' tarballs. I have a lot more power over my OS, too.

Arch, Ubuntu, ?

lol i forgot mint. I use ubuntu and windows 10 pro, dual boot.

Arch, Ubuntu, ?

Who the fuck dual-boots anymore? Get with the times, man!

Do you use a platter drive for your OS? They make these things nowadays called "SSDS" bro. You spend $20 and put an OS on it. You use platter drives for redundancy.

If it gets cluttered? Wipe it and install something else.

Arch, Ubuntu, ?

Do you use a platter drive for your OS? They make these things nowadays called "SSDS" bro. You spend $20 and put an OS on it. You use platter drives for redundancy.

I do have an m.2 ssd. I can't give up "platter" drives, I have six of them. Also:

Arch, Ubuntu, ?

I do have an m.2 ssd. I can't give up "platter" drives, I have six of them. Also:

If you went to M.2 from platter and skipped ssd, you're missing out.

Arch, Ubuntu, ?

I did miss out not going to ssd sooner.

Idk if you remember/know about the great "Thailand flood hard drive shortage".

But around that time I was running a 4 hard drive RAID 10 configuration. Average read/write speed was 255mb/s. Hard drives became extremely expensive, so I had to break that up and use them for storage, and SSD entered the picture and kept getting cheaper and cheaper. I never had to overpay for storage. SSDS are great, instead of formatting, you can "secure erase" them in like 10 seconds, and they're factory fresh. They read and write faster than any platter drive, too.

Your dumb enough to run Microshaft....like most of the asshats on this ball of shit we call a planet. Apple may be worse ! But at least apple is a bit stable. Try learning Linux instead of watching TV. See the light !

'Try Open Office. Almost the same as Microsoft Office, but free.

'Try Open Office. Almost the same as Microsoft Office, but free.

Libre Office is much more functional

After one of the many updates my system could not boot for 21 mins after startup. I had to get my unassemble software out and hack windows to reject the updates and report back to microsoft that they had been installed. That has been two month ago. Ever so often I try to get the updates to work but they don't Microsoft is driving us to start looking for a New Operating system.

Idk if you remember/know about the great "Thailand flood hard drive shortage".

But around that time I was running a 4 hard drive RAID 10 configuration. Average read/write speed was 255mb/s. Hard drives became extremely expensive, so I had to break that up and use them for storage, and SSD entered the picture and kept getting cheaper and cheaper. I never had to overpay for storage. SSDS are great, instead of formatting, you can "secure erase" them in like 10 seconds, and they're factory fresh. They read and write faster than any platter drive, too.

Yep SSD's are great. I only used raid back when I had my core2duo system. I spent a shitload on that, asus deluxe mb, hard drives with raid, tuniq tower giant cooler, etc.

Forum List

Back