Just made it to 1725

Oh my gosh, oh my gosh, oh my GOSH!!!

If I am correct and these other experts on ancestry are correct, then my father's father's side, goes to 1590, and my great grand father married, an Indian Maiden....HOLY CRAP!

What the heck does that mean....an Indian Maiden?

Because right after him it shows his son being born in ENGLAND, yes if I have followed my family line correctly, I am English from England, but his wife was Dutch....so I am Dutch too.... and it shows his son being born in Worcester, England now called Worcestershire...yes, like the sauce....

BUT HIS DAUGHTER was born in Connecticut...New Haven I think it said in 1622?

So the family must have been going back and forth to England and here?

but here is my problem, that just does not make any sense.... My Great, Great grandfather in the 1850 census, was 3 years old and living with I am presuming his grandfather, my great X3 or maybe times 4 grandfather and a whole bunch of other older females in the census with all the same family last name, but no males old enough to be his father, just my grandfather and grandmother who were around 60 at the time and no way could they be his parents, so I figured grand parents?

but who were the women old enough to be his mother? Was he born out of wedlock and one of the family named girls was his mother? But there were 3 other young children around his young age, same last name also on the census and the grandparents were too old to be their parents imo.... one girl was 25 years old listed and another alleged daughter was 24 yrs old but the other daughter's listed were all 2 or 3 years apart....sooooooo

I thought, maybe one of these women was maybe the wife of a male son that was either dead or not present at the 1850 census....so I searched the database on both the 24 year old and 25 year old and SCORE, the one named Matilda, was the wife of a man named Leroy "family name".

And in 1860 Census, after my great X3 gramps had died in 1858, it shows Matilda living in a household with the 3 young children on the 1850 census, but again, no Leroy in the household...so the 3 very young children in my Gramps X3 household were all her children...

But who the heck was this "Leroy" same last name? Was he a son of Josiah, my gramps x 3? Must have been? His wife and kids lived in the same household all with the same last name???

that's where I am at....trying to confirm that Josiah had a son named Leroy or was he one of his Brother's sons?

What does not make sense to me, is the name Leroy? All of his other male family members all had Biblical names or English names, like Josiah, Isaac, William, John and the girl names throughout the 400 year search were Rebecca, and Catherine, and Sarah Ann...type stuff...

And I can not find anything on this Leroy....? Did Leroy stand for something more formal like Leonard? I just don't know....? Leroy seems odd....but all of the three young children living in the household that were Matilda's and Leroy's were named with family names and one was also named after my grandfather times3, Josiah, and the baby Daughter was named after my grandmother times3 Sarah Ann, and the other one, my grampa for certain, William....which was one of Josiah's brother's names so all family names....but LEROY???

Well, I did find Leroy's and Matilda's Marriage certificate....but back then, people were not required to give formal names on the census, like sometimes my great x 2 grand father showed up on other censuses as William J, another Wm J, another Wm....another as just William....

So just because Leroy was the name on the marriage certificate to Matilda still did not mean his real, formal name was Leroy....?

Anyway, I found on another distant Family member's tree on Ancestry.com that Leroy disappeared in 1852, never to be found and presumed dead....and this is probably why I was never able to find him on a census later on with Matilda...(which they had also posted a picture of Matilda, and that was cool being able to see a picture of what she looked like)

But what did he do for a living? Why was he not on the 1850 Census with Matilda and her kids with his father's family??? And Matilda had another child with him born in 1851 or 1852 with another formal English name, Charles....also a name the family frequently used for boys... so obviously he kept coming home every once in a while to have more kids with his wife?

Was he in the Service/Military and away for this reason???

all questions that need to be answered....

sooooooooo, I'm off to see what more I can find out...did Josiah really have a son named Leroy?

Hopefully we will not lose electricity with this Cyclone Bomb Blizzard that's heading this way...we are suppose to get 16 inches of snow today, it started snowing a couple of hours ago....the hubby isn't going to work, thank goodness, so hopefully the generator will start when and if we do lose electricity...

So now I am doing my father's mother side of the family I've got Sessions, in my family tree....

No Moore's though, at least not yet...THANK GOODNESS!

:D

And, I've got my father's father's family name, on my father's mother's side as well....not quite incest, thank the Lord! :eek:....third and fourth cousins marrying each other!!!! Holy smokes! Who knows what else I will find out????

If I am correct and these other experts on ancestry are correct, then my father's father's side, goes to 1590, and my great grand father married, an Indian Maiden....HOLY CRAP!

Because right after him it shows his son being born in ENGLAND, yes if I have followed my family line correctly, I am English from England, but his wife was Dutch....so I am Dutch too.... and it shows his son being born in Worcester, England now called Worcestershire...yes, like the sauce....

but here is my problem, that just does not make any sense.... My Great, Great grandfather in the 1850 census, was 3 years old and living with I am presuming his grandfather, my great X3 or maybe times 4 grandfather and a whole bunch of other older females in the census with all the same family last name, but no males old enough to be his father, just my grandfather and grandmother who were around 60 at the time and no way could they be his parents, so I figured grand parents?

but who were the women old enough to be his mother? Was he born out of wedlock and one of the family named girls was his mother? But there were 3 other young children around his young age, same last name also on the census and the grandparents were too old to be their parents imo.... one girl was 25 years old listed and another alleged daughter was 24 yrs old but the other daughter's listed were all 2 or 3 years apart....sooooooo

I thought, maybe one of these women was maybe the wife of a male son that was either dead or not present at the 1850 census....so I searched the database on both the 24 year old and 25 year old and SCORE, the one named Matilda, was the wife of a man named Leroy "family name".

And in 1860 Census, after my great X3 gramps had died in 1858, it shows Matilda living in a household with the 3 young children on the 1850 census, but again, no Leroy in the household...so the 3 very young children in my Gramps X3 household were all her children...

But who the heck was this "Leroy" same last name? Was he a son of Josiah, my gramps x 3? Must have been? His wife and kids lived in the same household all with the same last name???

that's where I am at....trying to confirm that Josiah had a son named Leroy or was he one of his Brother's sons?

What does not make sense to me, is the name Leroy? All of his other male family members all had Biblical names or English names, like Josiah, Isaac, William, John and the girl names throughout the 400 year search were Rebecca, and Catherine, and Sarah Ann...type stuff...

And I can not find anything on this Leroy....? Did Leroy stand for something more formal like Leonard? I just don't know....? Leroy seems odd....but all of the three young children living in the household that were Matilda's and Leroy's were named with family names and one was also named after my grandfather times3, Josiah, and the baby Daughter was named after my grandmother times3 Sarah Ann, and the other one, my grampa for certain, William....which was one of Josiah's brother's names so all family names....but LEROY???

Well, I did find Leroy's and Matilda's Marriage certificate....but back then, people were not required to give formal names on the census, like sometimes my great x 2 grand father showed up on other censuses as William J, another Wm J, another Wm....another as just William....

So just because Leroy was the name on the marriage certificate to Matilda still did not mean his real, formal name was Leroy....?

Anyway, I found on another distant Family member's tree on Ancestry.com that Leroy disappeared in 1852, never to be found and presumed dead....and this is probably why I was never able to find him on a census later on with Matilda...(which they had also posted a picture of Matilda, and that was cool being able to see a picture of what she looked like)

But what did he do for a living? Why was he not on the 1850 Census with Matilda and her kids with his father's family??? And Matilda had another child with him born in 1851 or 1852 with another formal English name, Charles....also a name the family frequently used for boys... so obviously he kept coming home every once in a while to have more kids with his wife?

sooooooooo, I'm off to see what more I can find out...did Josiah really have a son named Leroy?

Hopefully we will not lose electricity with this Cyclone Bomb Blizzard that's heading this way...we are suppose to get 16 inches of snow today, it started snowing a couple of hours ago....the hubby isn't going to work, thank goodness, so hopefully the generator will start when and if we do lose electricity...

maybe leroy was a slave ? :dunno:

I am up to 1725 on one leg of my family tree on my father's side on Ancestry.com....

birth of my great (times 8) grandfather and have no idea how to get back even farther than that....

I am trying to find out if I am from England or the British isles or who knows? They all were English speaking so far in my tree but all the way back to 1725, all relatives were born in America.

in 1725 they were in Virginia, then North Carolina, then to Georgia, then to Alabama where they all live now, except my parents, who live in Florida. the 1725 great time 8 grandfather has the same name as my dad, which is really really cool!

They produced like bunny rabbits back then, I have got to be related to everyone in the South! At least in Alabama and Georgia! So help me God!

What is sad though, is how many relatives died as children or shortly after being born....the censuses later in the 1800's started having a box where the wives had to list how many children were born and how many were still alive at the time of the census 12 born/ 7 alive, 10/7, 9/5 etc etc etc....

And I am having a harder time....well not really harder but just so time consuming tracing back the female side of my grandmothers, they had different last names of course for all the female grandmom's mother's etc....it'll take me years, for sure!

I'm only up to 1848 or so with my father's great great grandmother ...

I spent days and days trying to trace her...it was very weird, She showed up out of no where when my great great great grandfather married her in 1868....found their marriage certificate...not really a certificate but the official notes from a justice of peace in Georgia... I was able to find her last name because my father's grandfather, a few years before he died had to file some Social Security form, where he had to list his parents, where they were born, and in that he had to list his mother's maiden name! JACKPOT! So I had thought.... :( At first I could only find her on an 1860 census in Georgia listed with 2 others of the same last name, which appeared to be her 1 older brother and an older sister with 3 men, a father and 2 sons?

WHAT THE HECK? no parents listed with her last name? Couldn't find her parents and let me tell ya, her last name was as common as my great times 3 grandfather.... a dime a dozen....

so, I search the family name of the family who in 1860 took the 3 of them in....she was 12 in 1860, so her family had to be on the 1850 census somewhere???

SCORE!!!

In 1850 census, my 3 x grandmothers family had a farm right next door to the man's family who took the 3 children in (God bless him) and my great times 4 grandfather was married with 10 children, all living in 1850, a household of 12, and the farmer man next door who took them in, had a wife and 8 children in 1850, yet only 2 boys in the 1860 census??

WELL, I CRIED MY EYES OUT....as I was finding out what happened to all the ones that just disappeared between the two censuses....

to make a long story short....my family of 12 that ended up as only 3 living, my grt x grandmother as one of them...

ALL died from TYPHOID FEVER...the US GVT kept track of those who died from it...it was 1858...my great grandfather had it 42 days then died, his wife, 21 days then died, his eldest daughter 32 days then died etc etc etc....

And the man who took the 3 surviving children relatives in, all but 3 including himself out of his family of 10 all died from Typhoid Fever....

MY GOODNESS, what a sad story...

I had to stop at that point...though I did find out the my grt x grandmother's parents came to Georgia from North Carolina and married in north carolina so I can go further...

and went back to searching the male side of my father's family...

OH and so many were in the Confederate Army that died on my father's side, and many that lived....

Also, some distant relative that did a family tree that crosses over in to mine who shared a great grandfather times 6 I believe, found papers that filed for recognition to be a part of some group called, SONS OF THE REVOLUTION for a great grandfather!!!!

HOLY MOLY, MOTHER OF GOODNESS....I've got a Grampa who served in the revolutionary war....so much more to find out on him! This guy's family tree that crosses with mine has loads of information to go through....
My family, has a society that has been recording members since our arrival in the New world. If I remember right we arrived in 1607 or 17 or around then.

I'd have to go over to the Choctaw museum for mine before about 1864 when GG came over from Wales and took a " red savage" as his wife.

My father spent the last few years of his life researching our family. He got all the way back to 1608 when the first in this country came from Scotland and took an Iroquois as wife. He never returned to live among whites. There was a turn up of the name in the Revolutionary war listed on a naval ship captained by John Paul Jones. His many times great grandson carried the family name in 1812 to another war with England. The men returned to the People to marry. Whites were never very popular.

maybe leroy was a slave ? :dunno:
that was my thought when I heard the name, but it turned out Josiah's first son was named leroy though on one census it is spelled Leroi (and stands for King....read on the net that Le Roi last name of the French that came to England changed their last names from LeRoi to the English last name of King....) and yes, the last name King is also in my family tree in the distant past.... still doesn't explain Josiah naming him Leroy when that is the first time in 400 years of relatives the name ever shows up, though that English name King does show up....but why was his wife Matilda living with his 3 kids and his father and mother? What did he do for a living? Why was he always away? I think I found him on a census in another state....Georgia listed with like 4 to 6 other men in that 1850 census where his wife and kids were living at his father's farm in Alabama.... he is a free white man according to the census, so not a slave....was he serving in the military? I am going to have to see if I can find military records....

So far, on my father's mother's side, it's been easier to trace than I thought because she came from a long line of Reverends or Pastors, and they ALL kept the recordings of marriages and children's births and even baptisms in their Bibles and other relatives of mine that i did not know even existed, have photographed these pages of history in their Bibles to their family trees on Ancestry, and also posted probate/wills from these distant relatives and papers of key ones that served in the confederate army and the war of 1812, and some other skirmishes like some Seminole war thingy that I know nothing about?

Also found another book written with my family history that some dude wrote in the 1800's and it turns out, they got their farm land in Georgia from a LOTTERY...I need to research further but it said when they first won the land from the State give a way, they did farm cotton but by the mid 1800's they switched to growing peach trees, some peach was discovered that grew really well there so they converted from cotton to growing peaches, with time....

The thing that is still amazing to me is how many children these people had and mothers were still bearing children till menopause and their oldest daughters were having babies while their own mothers were still having babies....dear Lord, the term Barefoot and Pregnant comes to mind, or baby factories....these poor women....8 kids and 10 kids and 12 kids was not uncommon .....

Last edited:
wow... sounds exhausting. pretty amazing that you can find all that info too...

Well my free 14 day trial was up on the 10th and I HAD to sign up for another mnth and am wishing I had taken the deal for the whole year at a savings, because I know I will be needing the full year to really finish this....

still do not know for certain who my great times 4 great grandfather is.... have had 4 different guys pegged, having a son with the third great grandfather's name, born in the Abt. same year, all in the same town...and am still looking for that final piece for confirmation.... I am close though, this last guy seems to be the real father...NOT LEROY, though leroy could be his 1st cousin...

Here's what I've got....this great x 4 great grand poppy had a William born the same time as my 3X, had 4 other children and I ended up dong research on these 4 other children and found two of them, lving on farms on either side of my great X grand pop William's farm....

I don't think that is a coincidence... It's my best guess that these two men on either side, are his brothers, so the last one must be his Father in my mind....my only problem is what if they are Cousins on either side of him and not his actual brothers

It is possible, because this "family name" moved like herds of cattle... all together in unison from North Carolina to Georgia to one particular county in Alabama, and then to another county, and finally to the county most all of them live today....

And every single one of the siblings or cousins of 8 or 10 or 6 or 12, ALL had a William or a John or a George or a Joseph or a James or a Mary or a Sarah or an Elizabeth or an Ann or a Jane etc named Child....and even worse, most of them called their children by their middle names and their middle names end up showing up on different censuses just to mess with me!!!! Grrrrrrrrrrr!!!

It's just madness to follow on my father's father's side but my father's mother's side so far, is a piece of cake, thank goodness!

But out of that madness and why this is addictive, is a picture of history that is never really defined in our History books from school...

The turmoil, and struggles that our pioneer ancestors went through is heart wrenching, from enlisting in regiments for the Revolutionary war, leaving the wife at home to manage the farm and 8 kids, dying....leaving them to ensure the family goes on, to having your family of 12 left with 3 after Typhoid fever, and losing their daddies in the War of 1812 or the Seminole war or in the Civil War, to having to sign a pledge after the Civil war if you survived, to abide by and accept the US Govt in Washington dc as your own govt, in order to get your right to vote back and live their lives as free men....

It s absolutely incredible what all of these women and men went through to survive and pass on their family names though many many many simply did not survive...but some of their kids did, and then they went through their struggles, and some also died...

And some of these ancestors through thick and thin... LIVED, they survived it ALL, and this is why I am alive today!!!

It gives me goose bumps, and truly makes me realize that the spirit of "life is worth living" is embedded in my family and many other families alive today as well....it is the underlying spirit of the USA!

I need to stop taking life here in this great land, for granted....

This experience has humbled me.

I am doing the female grandmother family trees now, which is much much much harder than the male, because you have to trace a different last name with each grandmother and great grandmothers.... and so on and so forth.... I had no idea how many different surnames that are related to me....!!!!

But, I have some really incredible news....and yes, I mean incredible, unbelieveable findings....

My great grandfather times 9, on Dad's side of the Family, whose name is Major Francis Wright, in Virginia, was married to a woman by the name of Anne Washington, and Anne Washington's father was John Washington and her brother's name was Lawrence Washington, who had a son name Augustine Washington, who was the father of George Washington, our 1st president!

My great grandfather times 10, is George washington's great grandfather x 1.

HOLY TOLEDO!
HOLY SMOKES!
HOLY MOLY! MOTHER OF GOODNESS!

I KID YOU NOT!

Now, how can I prove it, I don't know if they have DNA results out there for Washington, or if I need the Y chromosome from a DNA test of my father vs my sister or I to confirm it....?

The DNA tests are on sale now, so I am going to buy another two of them so each of my parents can do them....my stupid sister lied to me, to shut me up and said she did the DNA ancestry test I bought her for Christmas, but confessed yesterday, that she still hasn't done it...

I have to go over the tree lineage again and again and again, to dot every eye and and every T on this trace back....there is lots and lots of information like wills of each generation and family names that I am following, and property purchases and sales out there that can help confirm each generation's movement and all that Jazz, that can help confirm it, even if I didn't have a DNA test, but the DNA would seal the deal in my opinion....

What can take so long, and also perhaps disprove I am not related to George Washington, is that many of my relatives, were married more than once, because their wives or husbands died, and they all remarried within a year or two of their deaths and they all have children with both wives or both husbands, so it can be tricky....!!!!

I can hardly breathe I am so excited about it....

If I am related to the Washington family tree, then I could be related to Meriweather Lewis and back in england, King Edward!!!

I so hope this does not turn out to be a dud!!! :eek:

Last edited:
Oh, and my great grandmother times 2 from the Wright lineage, named one of her sons George Washington (husband's surname)

I thought it was a weird first and middle name when I first began tracing her lineage....then thought, well maybe her and my great grandpa were proud of our first president and named their son after him, though with near all of my other family that I have traced, the women often give their sons and daughters a middle name, that is their mother's surname, to carry on their own surnames.....

but now, if this is true, it makes sense that she would want others to know, that she was from Washington's lineage.

this is just so unbelievable...and maybe I will find in my double and triple search, it's not true..... but as it stands now, there's a good chance it is true...

I am up to 1725 on one leg of my family tree on my father's side on Ancestry.com....

birth of my great (times 8) grandfather and have no idea how to get back even farther than that....

I am trying to find out if I am from England or the British isles or who knows? They all were English speaking so far in my tree but all the way back to 1725, all relatives were born in America.

in 1725 they were in Virginia, then North Carolina, then to Georgia, then to Alabama where they all live now, except my parents, who live in Florida. the 1725 great time 8 grandfather has the same name as my dad, which is really really cool!

They produced like bunny rabbits back then, I have got to be related to everyone in the South! At least in Alabama and Georgia! So help me God!

What is sad though, is how many relatives died as children or shortly after being born....the censuses later in the 1800's started having a box where the wives had to list how many children were born and how many were still alive at the time of the census 12 born/ 7 alive, 10/7, 9/5 etc etc etc....

And I am having a harder time....well not really harder but just so time consuming tracing back the female side of my grandmothers, they had different last names of course for all the female grandmom's mother's etc....it'll take me years, for sure!

I spent days and days trying to trace her...it was very weird, She showed up out of no where when my great great great grandfather married her in 1868....found their marriage certificate...not really a certificate but the official notes from a justice of peace in Georgia... I was able to find her last name because my father's grandfather, a few years before he died had to file some Social Security form, where he had to list his parents, where they were born, and in that he had to list his mother's maiden name! JACKPOT! So I had thought.... :( At first I could only find her on an 1860 census in Georgia listed with 2 others of the same last name, which appeared to be her 1 older brother and an older sister with 3 men, a father and 2 sons?

WHAT THE HECK? no parents listed with her last name? Couldn't find her parents and let me tell ya, her last name was as common as my great times 3 grandfather.... a dime a dozen....

so, I search the family name of the family who in 1860 took the 3 of them in....she was 12 in 1860, so her family had to be on the 1850 census somewhere???

SCORE!!!

In 1850 census, my 3 x grandmothers family had a farm right next door to the man's family who took the 3 children in (God bless him) and my great times 4 grandfather was married with 10 children, all living in 1850, a household of 12, and the farmer man next door who took them in, had a wife and 8 children in 1850, yet only 2 boys in the 1860 census??

WELL, I CRIED MY EYES OUT....as I was finding out what happened to all the ones that just disappeared between the two censuses....

to make a long story short....my family of 12 that ended up as only 3 living, my grt x grandmother as one of them...

ALL died from TYPHOID FEVER...the US GVT kept track of those who died from it...it was 1858...my great grandfather had it 42 days then died, his wife, 21 days then died, his eldest daughter 32 days then died etc etc etc....

And the man who took the 3 surviving children relatives in, all but 3 including himself out of his family of 10 all died from Typhoid Fever....

I had to stop at that point...though I did find out the my grt x grandmother's parents came to Georgia from North Carolina and married in north carolina so I can go further...

OH and so many were in the Confederate Army that died on my father's side, and many that lived....

Also, some distant relative that did a family tree that crosses over in to mine who shared a great grandfather times 6 I believe, found papers that filed for recognition to be a part of some group called, SONS OF THE REVOLUTION for a great grandfather!!!!

HOLY MOLY, MOTHER OF GOODNESS....I've got a Grampa who served in the revolutionary war....so much more to find out on him! This guy's family tree that crosses with mine has loads of information to go through....

You can get back so far on standard records (census and whatnot).

After a while though ... It is easier (and more fun) to also review news reports and articles from the last know location of a relative.
With the assistance of my mother (she was good at this stuff and a research librarian) ... I found some awesome news stories that included relatives way back.

Also ... If you are trying to trace English (or people from the British Isles) back across the ocean ... You may want to look for different departure points in Europe.
They didn't always come straight from home ... Several English left from places like the Netherlands and whatnot.
Sometimes it was more of a matter of how you could afford to leave, and who could get you here under those conditions.

Keep your hopes up ... :thup:

William Bradford (Plymouth Colony Governor) was on my father's side ...
And Captain Richard King (of the King Ranch in Texas) was on my mother's side.

SCORE!!!

You can get back so far on standard records (census and whatnot).

After a while though ... It is easier (and more fun) to also review news reports and articles from the last know location of a relative.
With the assistance of my mother (she was good at this stuff and a research librarian) ... I found some awesome news stories that included relatives way back.

Also ... If you are trying to trace English (or people from the British Isles) back across the ocean ... You may want to look for different departure points in Europe.
They didn't always come straight from home ... Several English left from places like the Netherlands and whatnot.
Sometimes it was more of a matter of how you could afford to leave, and who could get you here under those conditions.

I thank God for people like your mother!!! So many distant relatives have done a lot of legwork and gathered property records and news articles about them and Bible records, and have put pictures of the articles or property records online!!! And copies of wills online....

It's been a life saver! And is saving me a lot of time!

Keep your hopes up ... :thup:

William Bradford (Plymouth Colony Governor) was on my father's side ...
And Captain Richard King (of the King Ranch in Texas) was on my mother's side.

just so you know, King is another one of my great grandmother's surnames.... I have not done that family line yet....

we could be related!!! :D

SCORE!!!

You may want to take the DNA test with 23&Me. It is more comprehensive than the Ancestry DNA (my wife and I have done both) and some of the information is mind blowing.

I've researched one branch of my family tree to the late 16 Century. Many generations lived in Dabo, situated in the Moselle, the Lorraine region of France (My mother was named "Lorraine").

Have you ever seen this? You may have it all, but hope it helps

Wright Family, pg 4

I am doing the female grandmother family trees now, which is much much much harder than the male, because you have to trace a different last name with each grandmother and great grandmothers.... and so on and so forth.... I had no idea how many different surnames that are related to me....!!!!

But, I have some really incredible news....and yes, I mean incredible, unbelieveable findings....

My great grandfather times 9, on Dad's side of the Family, whose name is Capt Francis Wright, in Virginia, was married to a woman by the name of Anne Washington, and Anne Washington's father was John Washington and her brother's name was Lawrence Washington, who had a son name Augustine Washington, who was the father of George Washington, our 1st president!

My great grandfather times 10, is George washington's great grandfather x 1.

HOLY TOLEDO!
HOLY SMOKES!
HOLY MOLY! MOTHER OF GOODNESS!

I KID YOU NOT!

Now, how can I prove it, I don't know if they have DNA results out there for Washington, or if I need the Y chromosome from a DNA test of my father vs my sister or I to confirm it....?

The DNA tests are on sale now, so I am going to buy another two of them so each of my parents can do them....my stupid sister lied to me, to shut me up and said she did the DNA ancestry test I bought her for Christmas, but confessed yesterday, that she still hasn't done it...

I have to go over the tree lineage again and again and again, to dot every eye and and every T on this trace back....there is lots and lots of information like wills of each generation and family names that I am following, and property purchases and sales out there that can help confirm each generation's movement and all that Jazz, that can help confirm it, even if I didn't have a DNA test, but the DNA would seal the deal in my opinion....

What can take so long, and also perhaps disprove I am not related to George Washington, is that many of my relatives, were married more than once, because their wives or husbands died, and they all remarried within a year or two of their deaths and they all have children with both wives or both husbands, so it can be tricky....!!!!

I can hardly breathe I am so excited about it....

If I am related to the Washington family tree, then I could be related to Meriweather Lewis and back in england, King Edward!!!

I thank God for people like your mother!!! So many distant relatives have done a lot of legwork and gathered property records and news articles about them and Bible records, and have put pictures of the articles or property records online!!! And copies of wills online....

It's been a life saver! And is saving me a lot of time!

Yeah ... My mother did a lot of legwork and contributed to Ancestry documents.
Still ... Some of the best stories you have to really look for.

There was one time on my mother's side, with one of her great(x3) grandmothers ... Who had two brothers.
She found a news article about one of the brothers insulting the integrity of the great(x3) grandmother in public.
The other brother shot him ... And they left the body in the street for three days.

Forum List

Back