Just Joined AMAC (An Alternative To AARP)

DriftingSand

Cast Iron Member
Feb 16, 2014
State of Disgust!
Is anyone here a member of AMAC (The Association of Mature American Citizens)? It's a conservative alternative to AARP. It's for folks who are 50 years old or older. It's more than 1 million strong and growing. AARP has shown itself to be pro-Obama and pro-Obamacare so I decided that it just wasn't for me. Anyway, if anyone is a member I would like to hear what you have to say about it. I only signed up for a year. If it turns out to be beneficial then I will re-sign next year.

AMAC Inc. - The Association of Mature American Citizens AMAC Inc.

AARP has never been accused of being right wing.

A great organization

The Alliance for Retired Americans is a nationwide organization, founded in May 2001, with now over 4.2 million members working together to make their voices heard in the laws, policies, politics, and institutions that shape our lives. For 13 years, we have enrolled and mobilized retired union members and other seniors and community activists into a nationwide grassroots movement advocating a progressive political and social agenda that respects work and strengthens families.

Mission Statement
The mission of the Alliance for Retired Americans is to ensure social and economic justice and full civil rights for all citizens so that they may enjoy lives of dignity, personal and family fulfillment and security.

• Alliance members visit the polls in record numbers. We use the power of our membership and our Congressional Voting Record to educate and mobilize seniors to elect leaders committed to improving the lives of retirees and older Americans.
  • We are effectively warding off cuts to our most important social programs like Social Security and Medicare. Our Human Chain Against the Chained CPI events in the summer of 2013 took place in more than 50 cities and mobilized support for stopping this cut to earned Social Security benefits.
  • We blocked the privatization of Social Security with our Social Security "Truth Truck" delivering 2.1 million petitions to Members of Congress and other tactics.

Alliance for Retired Americans

A great organization

The Alliance for Retired Americans is a nationwide organization, founded in May 2001, with now over 4.2 million members working together to make their voices heard in the laws, policies, politics, and institutions that shape our lives. For 13 years, we have enrolled and mobilized retired union members and other seniors and community activists into a nationwide grassroots movement advocating a progressive political and social agenda that respects work and strengthens families.

Mission Statement
The mission of the Alliance for Retired Americans is to ensure social and economic justice and full civil rights for all citizens so that they may enjoy lives of dignity, personal and family fulfillment and security.

• Alliance members visit the polls in record numbers. We use the power of our membership and our Congressional Voting Record to educate and mobilize seniors to elect leaders committed to improving the lives of retirees and older Americans.
  • We are effectively warding off cuts to our most important social programs like Social Security and Medicare. Our Human Chain Against the Chained CPI events in the summer of 2013 took place in more than 50 cities and mobilized support for stopping this cut to earned Social Security benefits.
  • We blocked the privatization of Social Security with our Social Security "Truth Truck" delivering 2.1 million petitions to Members of Congress and other tactics.

Alliance for Retired Americans

I probably wouldn't be a very good fit there.

10 years ago the knock against the AARP was that it was way too right wing. The #1 draw for AMAC is "hey we're not the AARP." Make sure you do your research before switching.
It's possible that 10 years ago the AARP was more right leaning but from what I hear that's no longer the case. I'm hoping to hear from actual members of the AMAC to see if they're a quality organization. In the meantime, I'll be a guinea pig for a year to see for myself.

Is anyone here a member of AMAC (The Association of Mature American Citizens)? It's a conservative alternative to AARP. It's for folks who are 50 years old or older. It's more than 1 million strong and growing. AARP has shown itself to be pro-Obama and pro-Obamacare so I decided that it just wasn't for me. Anyway, if anyone is a member I would like to hear what you have to say about it. I only signed up for a year. If it turns out to be beneficial then I will re-sign next year.

AMAC Inc. - The Association of Mature American Citizens AMAC Inc.
here is another for you to check out Sand......
American Seniors Association
and...
The Association of Retired Americans Home Page

Forum List

Back