Just Got My New Rates for 2017...350% Increase! Are You Kidding?

Again everything you said could be true.... doesn't matter.

Could be true? You provided the information, not me. You posted screenshots of a 2016 plan and a 2017 plan that both clearly list the same premium, +/- 4 cents. Looks like premium growth in bronze plans in your area was zero this year.

And, based on the fact that your subsidy shrank, it sounds like premiums for silver plans in your area actually dropped. Unless the reason for the falling subsidy is that your income increased.

Again everything you said could be true.... doesn't matter.

Could be true? You provided the information, not me. You posted screenshots of a 2016 plan and a 2017 plan that both clearly list the same premium, +/- 4 cents. Looks like premium growth in bronze plans in your area was zero this year.

And, based on the fact that your subsidy shrank, it sounds like premiums for silver plans in your area actually dropped. Unless the reason for the falling subsidy is that your income increased.

How does any of that change the fact the cost to me, went from $80 to $125?

It doesn't. I repeat.... what you said, doesn't matter. If I can't afford it, all your endless rationalizations and excuses, and diversions, do not matter.

No poor person is sitting around saying "even though my premiums went up so high I can't afford it, at least the premiums for silver plans went down! Yay Obamacare!"

No one is saying that. No one is. Period.

Nothing you said changes the fact that I could afford health insurance before Obama Care, and now I can not. That fact, trumps everything else you have said.

If you are correct, and the base premium is $240 for both the old policy and the new policy, it doesn't matter.

You mean it didn't matter as long as someone else was paying for you. But you're the first one to complain about "takers" if it's someone else.

My bill.... the amount I have to pay... went from $80 to $125. I can't afford that. That's a 50% increase in one year. I don't have the money.

If you're that poor, you're eligible for Medicaid. You should look into that.

Actually I don't complain about takers. I complain about givers. I'll take everything you are dumb enough to give me. That's on you stupid.

Again..... I had a policy in 2006 that was $67 a month, and it didn't require a subsidy.

You caused this problem. You eliminated all those plans. So now I have no choice but to get a subsidized plan, and now you removed the subsidy..... and you want to blame me, for your incompetence? I didn't vote for this train wreck stupid.... you did.

I have looked into Medicaid. Medicaid patient get worse care than people without any insurance at all. I'll go to the hospital with zero insurance, rather than with Medicaid.

Is Being on Medicaid Worse Than Having No Insurance at All?

You'd be better off going to the hospital with nothing, than with Medicaid.

By the way....... for extra credit.... I wonder if you, or anyone can figure out why. Can you figure out this riddle?

I'm puzzled by who you seem to think I am. If it were up to me, America would join the rest of the civilized world and provide affordable health care to all of its citizens.

Which is why their citizens come to our country, routinely, to pay for care.

You keep saying it, as if just saying it makes it true. We've covered this. Socialized care sucks around the world. And many of those system are in dire trouble right now.

In fact, our socialized care system is in dire trouble. The VA sucks horribly. And Medicare is going broke.

Yes, you want to kill your fellow citizens with bad government care. I get that. Maybe we can have the President or Senators flying to Canada to get care, just like their PMs come to the US for care. While the poor, who don't have unlimited resources of the upper elite, will simply die on waiting lists... and that's a win in your book?

If you are correct, and the base premium is $240 for both the old policy and the new policy, it doesn't matter.

You mean it didn't matter as long as someone else was paying for you. But you're the first one to complain about "takers" if it's someone else.

My bill.... the amount I have to pay... went from $80 to $125. I can't afford that. That's a 50% increase in one year. I don't have the money.

Actually I don't complain about takers. I complain about givers. I'll take everything you are dumb enough to give me. That's on you stupid.

Again..... I had a policy in 2006 that was $67 a month, and it didn't require a subsidy.

You caused this problem. You eliminated all those plans. So now I have no choice but to get a subsidized plan, and now you removed the subsidy..... and you want to blame me, for your incompetence? I didn't vote for this train wreck stupid.... you did.

I have looked into Medicaid. Medicaid patient get worse care than people without any insurance at all. I'll go to the hospital with zero insurance, rather than with Medicaid.

By the way....... for extra credit.... I wonder if you, or anyone can figure out why. Can you figure out this riddle?

I'm puzzled by who you seem to think I am. If it were up to me, America would join the rest of the civilized world and provide affordable health care to all of its citizens.

Andy is pissed because his health care isn't free.

You are a liar. Hillary and you, are a perfect match. Our country would be better off if you didn't exist.

You are a liar. Hillary and you, are a perfect match. Our country would be better off if you didn't exist.

Even Medicaid, which is free, does not satisfy you, does it?

Cheer up. Trump is dedicated to repealing ACA, That means you will have to demonstrate good health to buy ANY insurance.

Happy now?

Even Medicaid, which is free, does not satisfy you, does it?

Cheer up. Trump is dedicated to repealing ACA, That means you will have to demonstrate good health to buy ANY insurance.

Happy now?

Now you have two things in common with Hillary. You both are pathological liars, and you lost this argument like Hillary lost the election.

1. Medicaid is massively expensive in taxes.
2. Medicaid has monthly premiums.
3. As I have proven with citations in prior posts, people on Medicaid get worse treatment than those with no insurance at all. Why do you want poor people to end up worse off, than those without insurance at all? Why do you promote a system that harms people?

As for Trump... Trump winning isn't a victory. Him being better than Hillary, doesn't mean he's good.

I highly doubt Trump will actually undo the damage of the ACA. It isn't likely at all that he'll impose a true free-market capitalist system.

My wager will be that if he repeals the ACA at all, it will only be replaced with a similar bad system.

If he does actually repeal it, and allow a free-market system, then yes I guarantee that I'll be able to find insurance I can afford, and yes I will be happy with it. Again, I doubt Trump will do that.

What a thoughtful, content-filled post, well within the rules of the forum, which is why Westwall doesn't seem to have a problem with it. Fair and balanced.

What a thoughtful, content-filled post, well within the rules of the forum, which is why Westwall doesn't seem to have a problem with it. Fair and balanced.

It was an accurate, and evidence supported statement about the lack of quality of the trash I was responding to.

When you make up lies and excuses, and fabrications, then my post was accurate and reasoned.

If you can't handle that, then maybe you should find something better to than post insults, lies and attacks at the other person.

Otherwise, stop crying when what you dish out, is served right back to you.

It's amazing how people who scream insults and lies repeatedly, instantly start crying and whining when they get their own poop thrown back in their face. You can't handle it, then maybe you shouldn't be here.

It was an accurate, and evidence supported statement about the lack of quality of the trash I was responding to.

When you make up lies and excuses, and fabrications, then my post was accurate and reasoned.

If you can't handle that, then maybe you should find something better to than post insults, lies and attacks at the other person.

First of all, it wasn't me you were responding to.

Second of all, I'm not a mod but, as I read the forum rules, you are in direct violation.

However, I've noticed that posters on one side of the fence generally get a pass, so enjoy your privilege. Just don't get butthurt if I occasionally point out that you're one of the special ones.

I predict my post will be deleted before yours is.

I'm just pointing out that based on your posts, premiums in your area haven't increased at all in the past year (and in fact are probably dropping).

Which is not all what you said in the post I originally responded to. If you're asking me to wave a magic so that you can pay in 2017 what you paid in 2006, I can't help you. For any good or service.

I'm just pointing out that based on your posts, premiums in your area haven't increased at all in the past year (and in fact are probably dropping).

Which is not all what you said in the post I originally responded to. If you're asking me to wave a magic so that you can pay in 2017 what you paid in 2006, I can't help you. For any good or service.

So in your world........... My premium can go from $80 to $125, and that is clearly an indication that premiums are falling?

What are you, a "1984" reject? Is this new speak, where chocolate rations went "up" from 200 grams to 150 grams?

Do tell how many hundreds of people are rejoicing that their premiums went "down" from $80 to $125?

You show me that person. Then I'll agree.

First of all, it wasn't me you were responding to.

Second of all, I'm not a mod but, as I read the forum rules, you are in direct violation.

However, I've noticed that posters on one side of the fence generally get a pass, so enjoy your privilege. Just don't get butthurt if I occasionally point out that you're one of the special ones.

I predict my post will be deleted before yours is.

I don't really care what you think. The other poster was insulting, slandering and directly fabricating false claims about me.

You worthless bits of human trash, have no problem doing all of that and more and the moment one of us fights back, and slaps you people across the face with your own insults and fabrication.... all of a sudden you go running off to the forum rules and start splashing your tears all over the forum how the meany right-wingers actually hit back, and *cry cry* you can't take it.

Well too bad. Being Christian and right-wing, doesn't mean I'm a wimp. You want to dish it out, you had better be able to take it being dished back. Jesus called the hypocrites of his day, white washed tombs. Nice and pretty on the outside, and filled with dead men's bones.

And I call you hypocrites out as being the pansy wussy whiners that you have revealed yourselves to be on this forum.

My experience on here, is that the forum mods are pretty fair. They don't punish either side, or they punish both. I don't care which they do, as long as the same standard applies. You don't want a flame war, then stop spewing flames. I don't start the fight, but I'll sure finish it. Either way, with all due respect, quit with the whine and cheese routine. Just stop insulting and attacking people, and you won't be attacked. Or.... shut up when people fight back. Stop being such a 2-year-old.

So in your world........... My premium can go from $80 to $125, and that is clearly an indication that premiums are falling?

The only way your subsidy can fall is if (1) your income went up, or (2) silver plans in your market got cheaper. By the amount of bitching you're doing, I'm assuming your income didn't go up.

You already proved for us that bronze premiums were flat in your market, and your subsidy story shows that silver premiums actually fell.

The only way your subsidy can fall is if (1) your income went up, or (2) silver plans in your market got cheaper. By the amount of bitching you're doing, I'm assuming your income didn't go up.

You already proved for us that bronze premiums were flat in your market, and your subsidy story shows that silver premiums actually fell.

Again..... why do you think that matters? Does anyone care why the premium went from $80 to $125 if they can't afford $125?

I have auto insurance. My auto insurance premium hasn't changed significantly in 10 years. My income going up, or down, didn't magically make my premium unaffordable.

My life insurance premium has been exactly the same for 10 years. It hasn't changed up or down because of my income, or anything the government did.

My home insurance hasn't changed significantly in 10 years. The insurance company didn't say "oh you earn more, so your rate will now double for no reason.

Everything you have said, doesn't change the fact that I can not afford the new premium. Doesn't matter about blaw blaw blaw and this reason or that reason.

I can not afford it. Period. So, now I don't have insurance.

So again, I ask the question, am I better off now, or before Obama Care, when I could afford my own insurance? Answer: before.

The letter from Florida Blue arrived yesterday and my insurance premiums will have a 350% increase starting this January. Affordable Care Act? Thanks Barry! Thanks Harry! Thanks Nancy! Thanks Democrats!

What the hell happened to my savings of $2,500 a year?
Are you mad Republicans did repeal? Bet you are

Ricechickie has no room to talk about declawing a pussy. This is hers:

predator-mouth.jpg

Obamacare was never passed to fix the problem.............it was passed as a stepping stone to single payer..............

That has always been their goal.

Forum List

Back