Just got a new meat market near me.

Like a 1980's Bennigans?

istockphoto-174836558-612x612.jpg

Meat's meat and a guy's gotta eat. I'd start with some of the venison summer sausage.

I'll pick up a few other things while were there just because I wont be able to resist.
I want to check out their farm eggs. The Wife picks up the expensive ones at HEB and they're pretty good.
If these are yard eggs I'm gonna be real happy!!!

There was a butcher shop in Sulphur Springs back in the 80's and 90's. I don't remember the name of it, but they were listed as 5 stars all the way across.

They also sold customized burgers. I decided I had to try one. I got one of their house burgers..........1/2 pound beef patty, fresh fried bacon, fried summer sausage, and a slice of ham. OMFG!!! I almost died trying to eat the whole thing! But I made it. I didn't need to eat anything for TWO days after that!!! LOL

BEST MF BURGER I EVER HAD IN MY LIFE!!!!

There was a butcher shop in Sulphur Springs back in the 80's and 90's. I don't remember the name of it, but they were listed as 5 stars all the way across.

They also sold customized burgers. I decided I had to try one. I got one of their house burgers..........1/2 pound beef patty, fresh fried bacon, fried summer sausage, and a slice of ham. OMFG!!! I almost died trying to eat the whole thing! But I made it. I didn't need to eat anything for TWO days after that!!! LOL

BEST MF BURGER I EVER HAD IN MY LIFE!!!!

It sucks getting old.
What I could easily eat in one sitting now is a challenge.
I'll still finish it but boy do I regret it later.

It sucks getting old.
What I could easily eat in one sitting now is a challenge.
I'll still finish it but boy do I regret it later.

Oh gawd yes!!!!

When I was in my 20's, it wasn't NOTHING for me to eat 2 large pizzas and drink a pitcher of margaria all by myself!!!!

I'd die now if I have any alcohol!!! And I'm not supposed to eat pizza anymore, but I order a few times a year when Pizza Hut has some specials going. Will last me a few days.

Oh I like street and grocery markets....when I was a child there was a big one very close to my home.....I used to go with my mother every week, everything was so fresh...so many people....

But it was not only a meat market, it was everything, mainly fruit and vegetables and fish, rice so many things....I miss that market.

I miss the old timey butcher shops.

Good meat, good service, good deals if you wanted to stock your freezer for the year as well.
And a lot of them gave you a free box freezer if you bought a side of beef.

We have two we frequent now,and hopefully a third after we check out the new place,one near us that sells CAB beef anda lot of cuts you cant find at your local grocery store like Picanha.
The others about an hour drive outside of Katy in Bellville.

Neither offer dry aged beef so this is going to be a game changer.
You can get it at certain HEB's if you're lucky but they aren't consistent.

Oh gawd yes!!!!

When I was in my 20's, it wasn't NOTHING for me to eat 2 large pizzas and drink a pitcher of margaria all by myself!!!!

I'd die now if I have any alcohol!!! And I'm not supposed to eat pizza anymore, but I order a few times a year when Pizza Hut has some specials going. Will last me a few days.

Yeah....
When the Wife and I first met we decided to pick up some KFC and bring it home.
I asked here what she wanted and ordered a bucket of chicken for myself.
She couldnt believe I could eat a bucket of chicken and still want dessert.

We have two we frequent now,and hopefully a third after we check out the new place,one near us that sells CAB beef anda lot of cuts you cant find at your local grocery store like Picanha.
The others about an hour drive outside of Katy in Bellville.

Neither offer dry aged beef so this is going to be a game changer.
You can get it at certain HEB's if you're lucky but they aren't consistent.

I've got a friend in Wylie that gets his meat from a small Mexican store there.
He says the owner works a small butcher shop in the back of it, and gets the best meat cuts.
He loves their meat cuts, and won't buy meat anywhere else.

Forum List

Back