Just Go Away Teacher Unions!...

I find it hillarious that Conservatives want to do away with Free Assembly.

The point is, teachers have a right to form into unions if they want. And they have plenty of reason to do so. The burnout rate is astronomical, the pay is lousy for the first 10 years or so on the job, the parents are at non-exsistent in their kids lives, and at worst outright hostile, malpractice insurance is becoming a standard part of the job, and the hours are pretty atrocious.

If you don't like the teacher's unions, fire the teachers that unionize and try to replace them. Once you do that though, don't dare complain about the quality of teacher you get for the price you all seem to be willing to pay.

To me it more seems like the message on this thread is that they should break up for the sake of better educating our kids, I don't think I've read anyone say government should right up a law forbidding unions.

I haven't read every post so I could be wrong.

That's my take as well, although Dr.Traveler was talking about conservatives so that doesn't include me.

By forced out i obviously meant they should be forced out into the real world to see how most American Workers live & survive. It would likely give them a whole new perspective. They don't have it so bad. They need to quit with all the whining & political activism. The kids need to be educated. They don't need to be indoctrinated and forced to deal with Teacher Union greed & politics. Teacher Unions need to go. It's the only logical way forward for our Public School System.

Do you think that teachers have never had other jobs before?

Do you think that all teachers stay teachers forever and do no other jobs?

Do you think that teachers do not have summer jobs from time to time?

This is amusing...you seem to think that teachers live in some Ivory Tower somewhere when it is YOU in the Ivory Tower. Unless you can answer my question as to how much time you have spent in the classroom teaching.

(BTW...North Carolina is an example of a state with no union...how good is their public education? Hmmmmm?)

By forced out i obviously meant they should be forced out into the real world to see how most American Workers live & survive. It would likely give them a whole new perspective. They don't have it so bad. They need to quit with all the whining & political activism. The kids need to be educated. They don't need to be indoctrinated and forced to deal with Teacher Union greed & politics. Teacher Unions need to go. It's the only logical way forward for our Public School System.

The ones who need to "quit the whining" are those who begrudge other working people a decent living.

Nothing wrong with this tactic, and nothing wrong with sending the cops to search for them.

Most American Workers do not get to enjoy all Weekends off,several weeks of Holiday Time off,and entire Summers off. Get out into the real world and see for yourself. Teachers just whine & complain too much. They have it pretty good. Just look around and see for yourself how most American Workers live. Most of these whiny teachers need a reality-check. How bout less Whining and more Teaching? A novel concept huh?

IF they love the "great deal" that teachers get, why do we have a hard time getting people to be teachers and stay teachers, Libo. Most burn out in 5 years. Doesn't make sense if it's such a great deal, does it? Explain please.

That has more to do with the human refuse that some kids are these days thanks to shitty parenting. No union in the world is going to address that. Unless of course, the argument is that "we'll get you such great pay and benefits and you'll never get fired so it will all be worth it."

Not so....that's part of the union problem influencing school policies....in round about ways they protect and promote the "human refuse that some kids are these day".....private schools do not put up with that crap...they actually care about the kids first...

Last edited:
Also,Teachers should look at themselves in the mirror more often. Our Public Schools are in shambles and our kids are falling further & further behind far less developed and less wealthy Nations. Teachers have to accept some responsibility for this. Their constant whining and blaming everyone else is just becoming tiresome & stale. Teachers have consistently fought against any mandated standards & testing to ensure that only the best Teachers are teaching our children. The Teacher Unions especially have fought viciously against these standard tests and evaluations. What other occupation doesn't evaluate their employees' performance? So Teachers need to accept more responsibility for our failing Schools. Blaming everyone else just isn't gonna cut it anymore.

Last edited:
Kudos to new Wisconsin Governor Scott Walker! :clap2::clap2:

More brave Politicians need to start standing up to the corrupt Teacher Unions. The Teacher Unions have brought our Public School System to its knees. It has become all about them. It's all about getting that cash for them. They don't care about the kids anymore. They also only want to force their politics and social experimenting on the kids at this point. Their number one goal these last few decades has been to brainwash the children and create good little future adult Democrats. They stopped teaching the kids the basics of Education a long time ago.

Teacher Unions now only do far more harm than they do good. It's time for them to go away. The Public School System will be so much better off when they're gone. The Kids could actually start learning again. American kids continue to fall further & further behind other far less developed and less wealthy nations. I do blame the Teacher Unions for this. They have become too obsessed with the cash and creating good little future adult Democrats. They have lost their way. Get rid of the Teacher Unions and our Public School System might just be able to be salvaged.

I know dozens of private school teachers and none of them are in a union. I wonder why they are necessary in public schools. Anyone know?

So they can pay unions dues up to the time they decide they don't want to do thier job worth a damn any more, then the union keeps them there, unless they commit a crime.

I'd like to see the OP title edited so as to be more accurate.

Police search for Dems Who Skipped Vote to give workers the right not to be forced to join a union.

Kudos to new Wisconsin Governor Scott Walker! :clap2::clap2:

More brave Politicians need to start standing up to the corrupt Teacher Unions. The Teacher Unions have brought our Public School System to its knees. It has become all about them. It's all about getting that cash for them. They don't care about the kids anymore. They also only want to force their politics and social experimenting on the kids at this point. Their number one goal these last few decades has been to brainwash the children and create good little future adult Democrats. They stopped teaching the kids the basics of Education a long time ago.

Teacher Unions now only do far more harm than they do good. It's time for them to go away. The Public School System will be so much better off when they're gone. The Kids could actually start learning again. American kids continue to fall further & further behind other far less developed and less wealthy nations. I do blame the Teacher Unions for this. They have become too obsessed with the cash and creating good little future adult Democrats. They have lost their way. Get rid of the Teacher Unions and our Public School System might just be able to be salvaged.

How much time have YOU spend in the classroom Libo?

Didn't you mean "spent"? I don't think "spend" goes well in this sentence.

BOO!

typo slams are cheap shots.

BOO!

To me it more seems like the message on this thread is that they should break up for the sake of better educating our kids, I don't think I've read anyone say government should right up a law forbidding unions.

I haven't read every post so I could be wrong.

There are plenty of folks on the board that don't believe that public sector employees shouldn't be able to unionze, a clear violation of their rights.

My stance is pretty clear. Everyone has a right to unionize under freedom of assembly. I do believe that if you do not want to deal with a union, you have the right to fire the employees and try to replace them.

What's really stupid about what's going on in Wisconsin right now is that they're trying to break up all of the public sector unions except the Police and Firefighters unions, which almost unannomously supported the Governor in his election bid. It's clearly political payback and its pretty corrupt. And Conservatives are lapping it up like milk.

What is even sillier is that the law is attempting to actively limit what Unions can and can not negotiate over. That's so stupid it hurts. Once a union is pissed off enough to strike, they'll strike. As the employer you can try to say what's in bounds for negotiation, but if the Union is willing to stand firm, you'll have to back off your limits or try to hire new employees.

Of course, the really really really stupid part is that the Snow Plow drivers are also being targetted. If you don't see why that's funny, try living in Wisconsin between November and May. If they go on strike, so will you.

Ever notice how the Right Wing constantly wants to undermine working people? Eliminate collective bargaining rights, lobby hard for a flat tax, work against workplace safety and environmental regulations.

Conservatives also want to erode other rights. No same sex marriage. No burning a flag in protest. No real science taught, only dogmatic fables.

Every struggle for equality and freedom and civil rights happens with Conservatives in opposition. Makes me wonder what would motivate someone to think Conservatism is actually something worthy of American ideals.

gee

that's not even a little off target or full of any kind of generalisations or lies. :eusa_liar:

Not so....that's part of the union problem influencing school policies....in round about ways they protect and promote the "human refuse that some kids are these day".....private schools do not put up with that crap...they actually care about the kids first...

Private schools can easily eject students that won't work or are disruptive. Public schools WISH they had this option. The truth is that the formal expulsion process in a public school is a nightmare because it is guaranteed that once you expel a child, you're looking at a lawsuit.

That's why any conversation about Public School versus Private School is kinda silly. It's apples and oranges when you look at the quality of student involved.

Forum List

Back