Jury Nullification

1srelluc

Diamond Member
Nov 21, 2021
Shenandoah Valley of Virginia
Given the number of laws on the books these days it stands to reason that some are unjust....Say anti-2A laws in blue states that don't apply in red states or abortion laws for the opposite. Federal process "crimes" is another that should not be.

It would seem to me that a juror would be duty bound to act against the law itself if he thought it unjust.

Now you can't go about espousing Jury Nullification in the jury room but you can damn sure say "I'm not convinced beyond a reasonable doubt of the state's case" and let the chips fall where they may.

Given the number of laws on the books these days it stands to reason that some are unjust....Say anti-2A laws in blue states that don't apply in red states or abortion laws for the opposite. Federal process "crimes" is another that should not be.

It would seem to me that a juror would be duty bound to act against the law itself if he thought it unjust.

Now you can't go about espousing Jury Nullification in the jury room but you can damn sure say "I'm not convinced beyond a reasonable doubt of the state's case" and let the chips fall where they may.
Tell my wife, PJ. She goes on jury duty on the 15th. Last time she sat a jury, our twins were three years old. They sent a guy to "the chair". There is no nullifying that woman. I know.

Forum List

Back