Jurors in Manafort trial send judge four questions

Judge just sent the jury home. They come back in the morning to continue.

The leftists on twitter are having a meltdown. They are already coming up with excuses like judicial misconduct or the jury has been bought off or 12 white men would never convict (I’m not
Even sure what the jury make up is but I doubt they care)

Not one of them is even considering they maybe the government never proved their case
Well, I heard one of the people on CNN don't know which, saying last Wednesday that he figured it would take till today. So it's not completely unexpected it would take this long. Neither do I personally think it all that weird. There's 18 counts, scores of documents and witnesses to sift through. Every count has to be tied to specific documents and a consensus has to be reached. I don't think you can read to much into the time it takes to reach a decision.

I agree. No conclusion should be drawn other than it’s not a slam dunk case
How do you know? For all I know the jury wants all the I's dotted.

Seems like they are going thru each of the 18 counts one at a time more or less.
It most likely will boil down as to how the jurors view the government's case vs reasonable doubt. Just a guess but Manafort most likely will be convicted on a few of the counts, but not all 18.

If the jury has to ask what reasonable doubt is then there is probably reasonable doubt. Last time I was on a jury, the judge explained the definition before the trial started.

The leftists on twitter are having a meltdown. They are already coming up with excuses like judicial misconduct or the jury has been bought off or 12 white men would never convict (I’m not

Not one of them is even considering they maybe the government never proved their case
Well, I heard one of the people on CNN don't know which, saying last Wednesday that he figured it would take till today. So it's not completely unexpected it would take this long. Neither do I personally think it all that weird. There's 18 counts, scores of documents and witnesses to sift through. Every count has to be tied to specific documents and a consensus has to be reached. I don't think you can read to much into the time it takes to reach a decision.

Seems like they are going thru each of the 18 counts one at a time more or less.
It most likely will boil down as to how the jurors view the government's case vs reasonable doubt. Just a guess but Manafort most likely will be convicted on a few of the counts, but not all 18.

With 18 counts it could be any combination of jury outcomes.

Some counts could be acquitted some convicted and some hung

If the jury has to ask what reasonable doubt is then there is probably reasonable doubt. Last time I was on a jury, the judge explained the definition before the trial started.

Agreed but I’ve seen them ask them to come back and His them with guilty convictions before

They aren’t this thorough if they all agree up front
Maybe not, although I can just as easily imagine that sorting through all the evidence and connecting to the counts is just that confusing.

I don't know enough about the nuts and bolts of the case to be able to make that assessment. Seems to me that a wise man should know when he doesn't have enough information to make informed guesses. I don't feel that the length of the deliberation constitutes enough information.

Last edited:
Liberals will sue the jurors for not arriving at a decision matching their feelings. Instead, they used facts and their minds.

Liberals will sue the jurors for not arriving at a decision matching their feelings. Instead, they used facts and their minds.
Bother them at restaurants, amusement parks, movies and theaters for the insolence of not falling into the feelings pit of delusional fallacy

Maybe not, although I can just as easily imagine that sorting through all the evidence and connecting to the counts is just that confusing.
Mueller did that himself. He gave the jury the evidence in a jumble. The jury asked for it to be organized as to charge or given a key so they could do it. The judge said no. The way the prosecution gave it is the way they got it.

Mueller did that himself. He gave the jury the evidence in a jumble. The jury asked for it to be organized as to charge or given a key so they could do it. The judge said no. The way the prosecution gave it is the way they got it.
That is rather interesting. i wonder why he said no - that does not make sense to me.

With 18 counts it could be any combination of jury outcomes.

Some counts could be acquitted some convicted and some hung
This.

The fact that some read into this as though all charges may be dropped is silly. They may have already come to an agreement on convicting him on 17 of the charges and just cant get that last one. Not really likely but there are a lot of combinations out there that are much more likely than all or none. I think that is very unlikely in general.

Last night on Crissy Matthews MSNBC show Crissy claimed the judge in the case had "put his thumb on the scales to help Manafort".
If Crissy thinks so I have a very good reason to believe Manafort will walk.

Last night on Crissy Matthews MSNBC show Crissy claimed the judge in the case had "put his thumb on the scales to help Manafort".
If Crissy thinks so I have a very good reason to believe Manafort will walk.
signs the media thinks they're going to lose this case so this is like "emotional insurance" they're selling themselves.

if i don't get what i want, it's because nefarious actors stopped it from happening. putting some excuses in the bank.

yet the left pushes for this like it's going to accomplish any of their stated goals.
Okay...but these alleged actions by Manafort did not happen in a vacuum. They are part and parcel of Putin's larger efforts. That's a bigger topic than donald trump. if it turns out that Trump was a willing partner in this plan, this will be one of the pieces of the puzzle that Mueller has to put together for everybody.

Exactly. Manafort was brought on for a specific purpose. His access to Russian officials.

Why did Trump need Manafort's connection when it is claimed Trump himself was a direct asset of Putin since 1987?
Well, Trump is a bit of a moron. Manafort probably sold him a pitch, wedging his way into the campaign position for personal gain.
He not a moron if he got snookered. Manafort offered to do it for free.
If you remember, Trump had to fire his campaign manager because some journalist accused him of assault. Manafort never would have entered the picture if Corey Lewandowski hadn't been falsely accused. Somehow Manafort all of the sudden becomes everything Trump.

yet the left pushes for this like it's going to accomplish any of their stated goals.
Okay...but these alleged actions by Manafort did not happen in a vacuum. They are part and parcel of Putin's larger efforts. That's a bigger topic than donald trump. if it turns out that Trump was a willing partner in this plan, this will be one of the pieces of the puzzle that Mueller has to put together for everybody.

Exactly. Manafort was brought on for a specific purpose. His access to Russian officials.

Why did Trump need Manafort's connection when it is claimed Trump himself was a direct asset of Putin since 1987?
Well, Trump is a bit of a moron. Manafort probably sold him a pitch, wedging his way into the campaign position for personal gain.
He not a moron if he got snookered. Manafort offered to do it for free.
If you remember, Trump had to fire his campaign manager because some journalist accused him of assault. Manafort never would have entered the picture if Corey Lewandowski hadn't been falsely accused. Somehow Manafort all of the sudden becomes everything Trump.
and yet - none of this trial has a friggin thing to do with RUSSIA.

Forum List

Back