June Cleaver dies at 94

rightwinger

Award Winning USMB Paid Messageboard Poster
Aug 4, 2009
Barbara Billingsley of 'Leave it to Beaver' fame dies - CNN.com Barbara Billingsley, who wore a classy pearl necklace and dispensed pearls of wisdom as America's quintessential mom on "Leave it to Beaver," has died at age 94, a family spokeswoman said Saturday.

The actress passed away at 2 a.m. (5 a.m. ET) Saturday at her home in Santa Monica, California, after a long illness, spokeswoman Judy Twersky said. A private memorial is being planned.

"America's favorite mother is now gone. I feel very fortunate to have been her 'son,' " actor Tony Dow, who played Wally Cleaver, said in a statement. "We were wonderful friends and I will miss her very much. My deepest sympathies to her sons, Glenn and Drew, and her entire family."

Actor Jerry Mathers, who played Theodore "Beaver" Cleaver, spoke of Billingsley's talent during a 2000 appearance on CNN's "Larry King Live."

Even though she was always known as the Beavers mom......Her best role was in "Airplane"...."I can speak Jive"

bb4-sized.jpg

Last edited:
Yepp. That was pre*murka.
Back when there were family values and honesty, to a point.
That was long before you had the likes of Charlie Sheen-Carlos Esteves,bleating innuendos about having a finger shoved up his ass while getting head, on daytime TV.
Hey. @ $2 million per show those whores will do whatever they are told to do.

Last edited:
Eddie Haskell had a crush on her

LOS ANGELES—Barbara Billingsley, who gained supermom status for her gentle portrayal of June Cleaver, the warm, supportive mother of a pair of precocious boys in "Leave it to Beaver," died Saturday. She was 94.

Billingsley, who had suffered from a rheumatoid disease, died at her home in Santa Monica, said family spokeswoman Judy Twersky.

Barbara Billingsley, Beaver Cleaver's TV mom, dies - Boston.com

The first time any sexual double entendre was uttered on television?

"Gee Ward, I think you were a little hard on the Beaver..."

That was long before you had the likes of Charlie Sheen-Carlos Esteves,bleating innuendos about having a finger shoved up his ass while getting head, on daytime TV.

It was a simpler time, where the real social problems facing America were ignored or sanitized on TV shows like "Leave it to Beaver."

She had a long life, and from an interview I heard today, she sounded like a good woman.
I have probably never seen the show, but she was an icon. RIP

It was a simpler time, where the real social problems facing America were ignored or sanitized on TV shows like "Leave it to Beaver."

It was a simpler time, but Leave it to Beaver got it right. It dealt with how kids deal with peer pressure and the trouble it can get you into. Beaver and Wally were good kids but the kids they hung out with were pushing them to do questionable things.

Everyone had a friend like Eddie

I saw her on a talk show once where they asked about the pearl necklace she wore while doing housework.

She said that when she shot the pilot for Leave it to Beaver the producer complained that she was very thin and had a large indentation in her throat. They made her wear the pearls to cover the indentation

My wife says American Women from that era were at their peak. Whenever she see's a woman like that in a traditional homemaker role she always says something like "Wow, look how elegant she is!".

Yeah, it's an old TV stereotype but she loves it!

Even though she was always known as the Beavers mom......Her best role was in "Airplane"...."I can speak Jive"
Wow, I don't know how I missed that. I've seen that scene many times, and I used to watch "Leave it to Beaver" regularly, but I don't think I ever made the connection.

Was not a cliche. She passed away recently at age 94.

Moms WERE like that in the 1950s to early 60s.

Thats what made LITB so enduring and nostalgic..........................

Forum List

Back