June 3, 2014: Super Tuesday primary thread (8 states)

Word this morning in Miss is that Cochran and McDaniel will have a run off in three weeks. Total ad spending is already over $4 per registered voter .... not people who voted, total registered voters. I've lived in some batsht crazy places ... orange county, ca and places in Wyo where Reagan wasn't conservative enough during the early 80s, but this place takes the cake hands down.

There are two ways to look at this:

in one way, it means more time and energy for a primary battle (also, $$$) while Childers can build his warchest.

But it can also actually help the winner of the GOP primary to build more intensity among voters.

No doubt about it, the GOP is likely to have the edge in this race in the Fall. Against an incumbent Cochran, Childers would probably have no chance.

But against McDaniel, even recent polling shows the race much, much closer.

Facit: If McDaniels win, the RNC will likely have to sock money into this state to make sure to hold the seat, money it would probably prefer to spend elsewhere.

Cochran was barely visible during the campaign, aside from actually insulting the TPM by saying he'd never heard of it. It's not so much the TPM, though this place is batshite crazy, but it's a total clsterfk by the establishment party. Cochran wanted to retire, but they said "no thad we need you as chair of appropriations and we'll make sure you have no opposition." So nobody this this very strange man from the strangest place in the state, Jones County, qualified. And the tea party spend over five million.

Jones County actually seceded from BOTH the North and South during the civil war. McDaniels got like 12K out of 150K from just that loony bin. Last time I had to go there, I took my customary 9mm pistol, but added my .38 snubby. And that ain't no joke. Fcking Deliverance territory.

I don't see how Cochran has snowball's chance in hell. The Dem, Childers, is actually a decent guy ... for a Dem. But Obamacare is such an issue that no dem will ever be elected statewide, outside the black district, for the foreseeable future. My kid was at Cochran HQ last night, and she said many said they'd rather vote Childers, but they won't.

We'll see if the TPM sends money. I doubt many Missisippians give McDaniel much. Maybe the natl party will. One effect may be that with Mike Lee and Cruz and now this guy, even if there's a gop potus, these guys will not vote for stuff like aid for Ukraine and Syria, that a gop potus will have to ask for. So, if we get a senate with a 53 gop majority, it'll take Dem votes to move stuff ..... like roads. Reid might just say FU.

Whutt?!?!?

I need to read up on that.

"Fcking Deliverance Territory" - lol

Last edited by a moderator:
Cochran was barely visible during the campaign, aside from actually insulting the TPM by saying he'd never heard of it. It's not so much the TPM, though this place is batshite crazy, but it's a total clsterfk by the establishment party. Cochran wanted to retire, but they said "no thad we need you as chair of appropriations and we'll make sure you have no opposition." So nobody this this very strange man from the strangest place in the state, Jones County, qualified. And the tea party spend over five million.

Jones County actually seceded from BOTH the North and South during the civil war. McDaniels got like 12K out of 150K from just that loony bin. Last time I had to go there, I took my customary 9mm pistol, but added my .38 snubby. And that ain't no joke. Fcking Deliverance territory.

I don't see how Cochran has snowball's chance in hell. The Dem, Childers, is actually a decent guy ... for a Dem. But Obamacare is such an issue that no dem will ever be elected statewide, outside the black district, for the foreseeable future. My kid was at Cochran HQ last night, and she said many said they'd rather vote Childers, but they won't.

We'll see if the TPM sends money. I doubt many Missisippians give McDaniel much. Maybe the natl party will. One effect may be that with Mike Lee and Cruz and now this guy, even if there's a gop potus, these guys will not vote for stuff like aid for Ukraine and Syria, that a gop potus will have to ask for. So, if we get a senate with a 53 gop majority, it'll take Dem votes to move stuff ..... like roads. Reid might just say FU.

Whutt?!?!?

I need to read up on that.

"Fcking Deliverance Territory" - lol

Newton Knight and the Legend of the Free State of*Jones | Mississippi History Now

Hey, thanks for the information!!!

Last edited by a moderator:

Forum List

Back