June 24, 2014: Primary Results thread for CO, MD, MS, NY, OK, SC, UT

In Mississippi, with 89% reporting, it's now

Cochran 50.7
McDaniel 49.3

margin: Cochran +1.4

So, Cochran just gained 0.2% in margin.

The polling was not correct, after all, except the one Tea Party poll, it seems. Interesting.

Well, shiver me timbers. Forget that about stabilizing in the 1.5 to 2.0 zone!

In Mississippi, with 94.8% reporting, it's now

Cochran 50.4
McDaniel 49.6

margin: Cochran +0.8

So, Cochran just lost 0.8 in margin. I sense a possible recount in the making.

In Colorado, Tommy Tancredo is not going to get a chance to nuke Mecca any time soon.

Beauprez won the R-Gub primary, 30.6 to Tancredo's 26.3 and will then face off against Democratic incumbent John Hickenlooper (who ran unopposed) in the fall.

For those who don't remember: after Dan Maes (R) crashed and burned and was nearing all of 10% in CO in the 2010 Gubernatorial, Tancredo jumped in as a Constitution Party candidate and lost to Hickenlooper by a landslide.

According to politico, in the original Cochran/McDaniels race, 313,483 votes were cast.

Right now, 359,359 votes have been tabulated.

So, the Mississippi runoff race has generated more interest than the first contest.

In Mississippi, with 98% reporting, it's still

Cochran 50.6
McDaniel 49.4

margin: Cochran +1.2

No change.

Unless there are oodles of absentee ballots out there to be counted, I would say this puppy is about done.

About that Beauprez win in Colorado:

Bob Beauprez bests Tancredo in Colorado - Katie Glueck - POLITICO.com

Electability became a key issue in the primary as some in the GOP feared that Tancredo’s name on the November ticket would kill their shot at the governor’s mansion — and even worse, cause problems for other Republicans on the ballot.

“Any one of the other three would be strong challengers to Gov. Hickenlooper,” said former GOP state Chairman Dick Wadhams, a longtime critic of Tancredo’s. He added, in an interview before results came in, “There’s no doubt in my mind that if Tancredo is nominated for governor, his long, inflammatory and reckless record of alienating Hispanics and women will come back to haunt not only his chances in the governor’s race, but would also hurt all the Republican candidates.”

Beauprez was elected to Congress in 2002, where he served two terms before running for governor in 2006 — and lost by double digits. But he has emphasized in interviews the lessons he learned from that race, and has painted himself as a business-minded Second Amendment champion who opposes Obamacare.

Guess they won't have Tom Tancredo to kick around anymore. :lol:

Don't worry, he'll be back in 2016.

In Mississippi, AP just gave the checkmark for Republican incumbent Thad Cochran.

Ditto for Politico.

2014-06-024MississippirunoffCochranwins_zpsf545abad.png

Score one for the GOP establishment.

Forum List

Back