June 22, 1941

You can use the online translator.
I’m aware many historians disagree with Suvorov, but his book is thoroughly documented. Secondly, anyone who doesn’t go along with conventional WWII history is attacked. Particularly those who expose Stalin for his war plans, since the US supported him. It’s all about hating Hitler and nothing else.

Thirdly, we know Stalin had enormous military at the border with no defensive structure. It was all offensive. No one would do such a foolish thing unless they planned to attack.

I’m aware many historians disagree with Suvorov, but his book is thoroughly documented.
No, it is not. Rezun didn't work with archives, You need to read historical works about Rezun and his methods. If such books are not available in English, I wouldn't be surprised.
I will warn you in advance, these books are books by real historians, so they are harder to read than Rezun's colorful fiction. But it must be done. I have done it. I still like Rezun's book "Suicide" about Hitler's command and economic leadership. But his theory of Stalin's preemptive strike has long been debunked with numbers in hand.

No, it is not. Rezun didn't work with archives, You need to read historical works about Rezun and his methods. If such books are not available in English, I wouldn't be surprised.
I will warn you in advance, these books are books by real historians, so they are harder to read than Rezun's colorful fiction. But it must be done. I have done it. I still like Rezun's book "Suicide" about Hitler's command and economic leadership. But his theory of Stalin's preemptive strike has long been debunked with numbers in hand.
the delusional fool won't listen he thinks Japan wanted to surrender and that Stalin was gonna invade Germany cause he is sick in the head.

Bad timing too. The Russian winter beat the Germans. If they started the campaign early in the year it might have been a success.

Bad timing too. The Russian winter beat the Germans. If they started the campaign early in the year it might have been a success.
I sorry, but how could winter prevent Hitler from taking Moscow if the Barbarossa plan was to complete the entire war in 2-3 months? June 22 + 3 months is the end of september, the period of "Indian summer" in Russia...

I sorry, but how could winter prevent Hitler from taking Moscow if the Barbarossa plan was to complete the entire war in 2-3 months? June 22 + 3 months is the end of september, the period of "Indian summer" in Russia...
Whatever the "plan" seems to have been, it was the Russian winter that defeated the Germans. A couple of months for the Germans to get resupplied might have made the difference. I admit it's all speculation anyway.

Whatever the "plan" seems to have been, it was the Russian winter that defeated the Germans.

Focus, please! Hitler planned to end the war by the end of September.
So, what prevented him from doing so? September frosts and blizzards? Or maybe because the efforts of the insignificant Red Army?
Further, if Hitler's plans to end the war before the onset of frost are irrelevant, and the war could have gone on longer (when the Russians' "only weapon" - Winter - entered the fray), then why didn't Hitler prepare for it by stockpiling winter clothing for the troops, winter grease for the vehicles, etc.?
А! Well it is simple, the supporters of the theory of "General Frost" answer, because Hitler did not plan to fight in winter.
Well, why, then, did he prolong the action until winter?
Ahhh...

Last edited:
Focus, please! Hitler planned to end the war by the end of September.
So, what prevented him from doing so? September frosts and blizzards? Or maybe because the efforts of the insignificant Red Army?
Further, if Hitler's plans to end the war before the onset of frost are irrelevant, and the war could have gone on longer (when the Russians' "only weapon" - Winter - entered the fray), then why didn't Hitler prepare for it by stockpiling winter clothing for the troops, winter grease for the vehicles, etc.?
А! Well it is simple, the supporters of the theory of "General Frost" answer, because Hitler did not plan to fight in winter.
Well, why, then, did he prolong the action until winter?
Ahhh...
Whatever Hitler planned is inconsequential. Maybe Ike planned to end the war shortly after D-Day but it doesn't matter. The reality of the campaign is what counts.

Whatever Hitler planned is inconsequential. Maybe Ike planned to end the war shortly after D-Day but it doesn't matter. The reality of the campaign is what counts.
The realities of the campaign are:
Napoleon came to Moscow on foot faster, than Hitler on wheels and airplanes.
Both started on almost the same day. Napoleon was even two days later.
Try to explain that with frosty weather.

how is that possible
Probably because in both cases technically equivalent forces fought.
We can see the same thing in the clashes between Germany and France. In the war of 1870-71, the Germans reached Paris in just over a month. It took them the same amount of time in World War I and just under a month in 1940.
About the same time in all cases, despite innovations in military technology and the advent of tanks and cars...

c_fit,fl_progressive,q_80,w_636.jpg

Sure, Hitler may have not been the best general, in fact, secretly they made fun of him as his generals called him the Bohemian General, but he had legs that would never stop.

Hot, hot, hot!!!
mot heneral ….. but corporal

Forum List

Back