Julian Assange.... Hypocrite.

Well, if you can show just ONE cable that has done such, then have at it..

Big supposition that he was in touch with Manning prior to the leaks.

He probably wanted his bail address withheld because he didn't want the press parked on his doorstep 24/7. And if he did help Manning in any way, and it can be proven, why does his address even matter. The police know where he is staying, and he has strict bail conditions....

i think he also doesn't want to be physically threatened...

kind of like disclosing secured sites.

That could possibly be the case.

it makes sense to me. and the thing is, like the sites/names assange disclosed, there's no "immediate" threat. yet common sense dictates that there is a possibility that the information, if disclosed could lead to a dangerous situation.

it makes sense to me. and the thing is, like the sites/names assange disclosed, there's no "immediate" threat. yet common sense dictates that there is a possibility that the information, if disclosed could lead to a dangerous situation.

Well, until such time as these threats are known, all of what I have read adds up to 'much ado about nothing' in the 'national security' stakes as far as the US is concerned. however, some interesting little nuggets have come up such as reported in the SMH online this arvo that the UN offered Zimbabwe's Mugabe a retirement plan in 2000, which he refused to take...See, I like knowing shit like that...

Well, until such time as these threats are known, all of what I have read adds up to 'much ado about nothing' in the 'national security' stakes as far as the US is concerned. however, some interesting little nuggets have come up such as reported in the SMH online this arvo that the UN offered Zimbabwe's Mugabe a retirement plan in 2000, which he refused to take...See, I like knowing shit like that...

why? what good comes of knowing that? was something terrible done?

i've been thinking about it.. .and i think i find it offensive because if i do my job well, it involves cajoling, negotiating, maneuvering, manipulating... not lying. but if i a lawyer is negotiating the settlement of a case and goes back to her office and writes a note to a colleague saying something like "i have the guy eating out of my hands. we should have this wrapped up in a week".. the other attorney might "like knowing" that, but really it does no good and would only cost the client money if he were to find out.

a lot of jobs require the ability to finesse people. it's what greases the wheels

i've been thinking about it.. .and i think i find it offensive because if i do my job well, it involves cajoling, negotiating, maneuvering, manipulating... not lying. but if i a lawyer is negotiating the settlement of a case and goes back to her office and writes a note to a colleague saying something like "i have the guy eating out of my hands. we should have this wrapped up in a week".. the other attorney might "like knowing" that, but really it does no good and would only cost the client money if he were to find out.

a lot of jobs require the ability to finesse people. it's what greases the wheels

You're right. I should lead a total incurious life about the mechanisms of international politics. I should not give a shit of how my tax money that NZ and Oz pay to the UN so it can operate is spent.

Sorry, I'll just sit watching grass grow all day, and for a little bit of variety every other Sunday I'll watch paint dry.

however, I will bitch and moan every day about how my govt is run but will not offer up any solutions on how to fix said problems because it is none of my business..

Answer your question?:cool:

You're right. I should lead a total incurious life about the mechanisms of international politics. I should not give a shit of how my tax money that NZ and Oz pay to the UN so it can operate is spent.

Sorry, I'll just sit watching grass grow all day, and for a little bit of variety every other Sunday I'll watch paint dry.

however, I will bitch and moan every day about how my govt is run but will not offer up any solutions on how to fix said problems because it is none of my business..

Answer your question?:cool:

except in this particular case, i don't see where it does any good and it *can* do harm. will it. well, no more so than in my scario... and knowing that quaddafy likes big boobed women (as if it's a revelation that a guy likes big boobed women) was important in solving governmental problems how?

except in this particular case, i don't see where it does any good and it *can* do harm. will it. well, no more so than in my scario... and knowing that quaddafy likes big boobed women (as if it's a revelation that a guy likes big boobed women) was important in solving governmental problems how?

what harm has it done so far?

And knowing this information about Quaddafi caused who to die? Or be imprisoned?

I don't give a shit who Paris Hilton is fucking, yet that information is in millions of magazines, newspapers and websites all over the world.

Knowing that the UN tried to get rid of Mugabe is a of a lot more interest to me that who that spoilt cow is shagging - yet there her deeds are, splashed on front covers of magazines...

I like to know a lot of information, as does everybody - I also like to make my own decisions about what is important and what isn't as the world turns.

what harm has it done so far?

And knowing this information about Quaddafi caused who to die? Or be imprisoned?

I don't give a shit who Paris Hilton is fucking, yet that information is in millions of magazines, newspapers and websites all over the world.

Knowing that the UN tried to get rid of Mugabe is a of a lot more interest to me that who that spoilt cow is shagging - yet there her deeds are, splashed on front covers of magazines...

I like to know a lot of information, as does everybody - I also like to make my own decisions about what is important and what isn't as the world turns.

I may have mentioned this once or twice... but it appears it hasn't yet sunk in.... the harm... the actual harm... is that security services around the world are now NOT sharing information - because they are concerned that their information will be made public. That information - that they are now all keeping to themselves - is like a puzzle... put enough pieces together and that's how we stop terrorist attacks. Now consider, if we're not sharing that information... the potential for terrorist attacks around the world increases significantly. That - to me - is more important - than your 'like to know' what the UN did or did not offer Mugabe.

At his bail hearing today, Mr Assange asked for his bail address to be kept confidential. The Judge ruled that not to reveal the address would conflict with Assange's commitment to open justice.

Read more: WikiLeaks' Julian Assange asked judge to keep his bail address secret | Mail Online

:lol::lol::lol::lol:

This little piss ant is abusing the USA AND depending on the laws of the USA to protect him from the USA.

It's not different from a spoiled little brat yelling at Mommy knowing that Mommy loves him too much to beat him.

This jack ass deserves whatever comes his way in a legal way. A colonoscopy with the full presence and weight of the United States' considerable probative powers should not be out of the question. If there is nothing there to be ashamed of, then there is nothing for him to fear except the constant probing and constant exposure of everything that he and everyone who associates with him does, is and wants.

It's okay to pick a fight with the biggest, baddest, meanest kid in the school and it's also okay to get the living crap beat out of you. It just comes down to the choices a guy cares to make.

I may have mentioned this once or twice... but it appears it hasn't yet sunk in.... the harm... the actual harm... is that security services around the world are now NOT sharing information - because they are concerned that their information will be made public. That information - that they are now all keeping to themselves - is like a puzzle... put enough pieces together and that's how we stop terrorist attacks. Now consider, if we're not sharing that information... the potential for terrorist attacks around the world increases significantly. That - to me - is more important - than your 'like to know' what the UN did or did not offer Mugabe.

In fact you have mentioned it from the get-go and I think your observation is a reasonable one.

But there are a couple of 'buts'.

You have no idea if other countries are cooperating or not. I would suggest other countries have a lot more to lose if they stop cooperating with the US than vice versa.

The US intelligent community probably gives out more than it receives so these countries would be cutting off their noses to spite their faces.

If the rule of thumb is "The damage done by leaking this information is so much as to compromise US security (whether it be actual damage - ie person(s) being killed; or perceived damage ie - people no longer share info) then it should never be released", then I don't think these leaks have met that criteria in any way, shape or form.

In fact you have mentioned it from the get-go and I think your observation is a reasonable one.

But there are a couple of 'buts'.

You have no idea if other countries are cooperating or not. I would suggest other countries have a lot more to lose if they stop cooperating with the US than vice versa.

The US intelligent community probably gives out more than it receives so these countries would be cutting off their noses to spite their faces.

If the rule of thumb is "The damage done by leaking this information is so much as to compromise US security (whether it be actual damage - ie person(s) being killed; or perceived damage ie - people no longer share info) then it should never be released", then I don't think these leaks have met that criteria in any way, shape or form.
You've reviewed all the thousands and thousands of documents?

Or is this just wishful thinking?

Forum List

Back