Judith Curry Airbrushed out of Women in Climate science

Wyatt earp

Diamond Member
Apr 21, 2012
Boy the AGW cult (even in Australia) sure loves to turn on fellow scientist. Heck I remember Joseph Romm even quoting her in his Climate change book.

Judith curry | No B-S here (I hope)

Mandrake the Magician has nothing on Tim Flannery & Co when it comes to vanishing acts, from geothermal investors’ equity to those frothing predictions of endless drought and “ghost cities”. But the excision of sceptic Judith Curry from a list of female climate experts takes the cake

When a three-year-old tells whoppers it can be cute. It’s not so cute if the whopper-tellers are scientist Tim Flannery, aged 60, and his Climate Council. Flannery is Chief Councillor of the crowd-funded body, which is dedicated to “accurate and authoritative information on all aspects of climate change”.

His Council website has this item:

19 climate champions, who also happen to be women… To celebrate International Women’s Day, here’s a list of nineteen women kicking goals in the climate change debate — from scientists to politicians, diplomats, community organisers and more. (My emphasis).

It begins, “This article originally appeared on the International Council for Science’s Road to Pariswebsite.” Click through to that site (a spin-off from the International Council for Science, ICSU) and you find the original was not about 19 women but was headed,20 women making waves in the climate change debate”.

Last edited:
What makes it even more infuriating is that there is now an indication as to where the climate scientists' models are wrong, considering that Curry always emphasised the uncertainty in climate models...

Climate models have underestimated Earth’s sensitivity to CO2 changes, study finds

A key part of the research has to do with the makeup of mixed-phase clouds, which consist of water vapor, liquid droplets, and ice particles, in the upper atmosphere. A larger amount of ice in those clouds leads to a lower climate sensitivity — something known as a negative climate feedback mechanism. The more ice you have in the upper atmosphere, the less warming there will be on the Earth’s surface.

“We saw that all of the models started with far too much ice,” said Storelvmo, an assistant professor of geology and geophysics. “When we ran our own simulations, which were designed to better match what we found in satellite observations, we came up with more warming.”

You guys are better to read then the National Enqurier always something hilarious going on in the AGW cult world....

So much drama, lmao....

It won't be too long before climate change deniers will be like people who voted for Fuckwit43. Non-existent, never happened, wasn't me...

It won't be too long before climate change deniers will be like people who voted for Fuckwit43. Non-existent, never happened, wasn't me...

I voted for bush Jr. The 1st time

You will have a long long 200 ~500 year wait for that to happen.

Again I personally have been hearing about the doom and gloom for forty years.

Yale university is like that I guess. Damned researchers.

Did ya miss the thread where Yale just shutdown their "climate Institute"?? Seems like the most valuable "science" there had to do with diarrhea and social justice crud.. THere were only a small group of actual physical scientists doing any real climate research..

THere were only a small group of actual physical scientists doing any real climate research..
I can see why they were shut down. Imagine the cheek of pointing out the error in the climate models.

Last edited:
Pancaked by the religion for not being a true believer.........and every global warming nut in this forum treats here like she has a mental disorder.

The simple matter is, Curry says there are other factors besides CO2 playing on the climate......like the sun......and we have more to learn about cause/effect in terms of how the climate works. Totally rejected by the global warming k00ks.

Can you say agenda?:2up::bye1::bye1:

Thankfully for the rest of us, outside the religion ( in the real world ) people concur with Curry >>>

More Proof the skeptics are WINNING!!

THere were only a small group of actual physical scientists doing any real climate research..
I can see why they were shut down. Imagine the cheek of pointing out the error in the climate models.

No.. The actual climate scientists in the Geo Depts were not shut down. THEY shut down the Yale Institute they created because if was hijacked by sociologists, poly sci, and economics students trying to catch a free ride on the GW gravy train.. Go read the thread before you embarrass yourself

The actual climate scientists in the Geo Depts were not shut down.
So what are you complaining about? That they had the cheek to show how the uncertainty Curry was complaining of was evinced? That Yale researchers didn't produce that research? What?

Last edited:
Thankfully for the rest of us, outside the religion ( in the real world ) people concur with Curry >>>
Like those Yale researches who demonstrated the error in the models.

Models are perpetually subject to debate. EVERY type of "model".. From aerodynamics to economics. What MATTERS is the certainty of the math behind variables and their interactions. From all that -- NO ONE could in their right minds refer to climate science as "settled". IN FACT -- climate scientists themselves largely consider their own field as "immature" when it comes to understanding of the fundamentals..

Boy the AGW cult (even in Australia) sure loves to turn on fellow scientist. Heck I remember Joseph Romm even quoting her in his Climate change book.

Mandrake the Magician has nothing on Tim Flannery & Co when it comes to vanishing acts, from geothermal investors’ equity to those frothing predictions of endless drought and “ghost cities”. But the excision of sceptic Judith Curry from a list of female climate experts takes the cake

When a three-year-old tells whoppers it can be cute. It’s not so cute if the whopper-tellers are scientist Tim Flannery, aged 60, and his Climate Council. Flannery is Chief Councillor of the crowd-funded body, which is dedicated to “accurate and authoritative information on all aspects of climate change”.

19 climate champions, who also happen to be women… To celebrate International Women’s Day, here’s a list of nineteen women kicking goals in the climate change debate — from scientists to politicians, diplomats, community organisers and more. (My emphasis).

It begins, “This article originally appeared on the International Council for Science’s Road to Pariswebsite.” Click through to that site (a spin-off from the International Council for Science, ICSU) and you find the original was not about 19 women but was headed,20 women making waves in the climate change debate”.

Uncle Joe would be proud of his ideological descendants in the EnviroMarxist AGW movement

joseph%20stalin%20with%20nikolai%20yezhov%20photoshopped%20out_edited-1.jpg

I wonder where our EnviroMarxists got their idea?

Like those Yale researches who demonstrated the error in the models.

Models are perpetually subject to debate. EVERY type of "model".. From aerodynamics to economics. What MATTERS is the certainty of the math behind variables and their interactions. From all that -- NO ONE could in their right minds refer to climate science as "settled". IN FACT -- climate scientists themselves largely consider their own field as "immature" when it comes to understanding of the fundamentals..

Hey FlaCal......seen a computer model of a hurricane track lately? Looks the same as it did 20 years ago. They still dont know if might be 1,000 miles east or 1,000 miles west.

This is the shit these morons predicate their fabulous predictions on!!:funnyface::funnyface::funnyface:

Uncle Joe would be proud of his ideological descendants in the EnviroMarxist AGW movement
that's cause he was moving kind of slow at the junction, Petticoat Junction that is.

Curry is now just incompetent. Looks like early onset dementia. That's the cause of much denialism. After all, you don't see any young denier scientists. It usually requires some senility to get that stupid.

Hence, she fits in well with the deniers, who regard incompetence and failure as a virtue.

Forum List

Back