Judge tells republican party NO again

GOP Memo Admits Plan Could 'Keep Black Vote Down' - Los Angeles Times

In an Aug. 13 memo the court made public Friday, Kris Wolfe, the Republican National Committee Midwest political director, wrote Lanny Griffith, the committee's Southern political director, and said of the Louisiana campaigning:

"I know this race is really important to you. I would guess that this program will eliminate at least 60-80,000 folks from the rolls. . . . If it's a close race . . . which I'm assuming it is, this could keep the black vote down considerably."

Unseals Document

She said in the memorandum that the program had been approved by Gregory Graves, deputy political director of the National Republican Senatorial Committee.The document, called Exhibit 13, was unsealed by U.S. District Judge Dickinson R. Debevoise when lawyers for the Democratic National Committee said it was needed to question Wolfe.

The very top people of the R party

the very people who ran the national party

Last edited:
Election law professor Richard Hasen at University of California, Irvine described the ruling as a "huge win" for the Democratic Party. He said the Republican National Committee could file an emergency appeal to Supreme Court Justice Samuel Alito, who oversees the 3rd Circuit. Alternately, the committee could seek review by the full 3rd Circuit.

Impersonation fraud, which the ballot security measures target, is only a small fraction of voter fraud, the court noted in its opinion. More common types of fraud include corruption among election officials or attempts to manipulate absentee ballots, said Hasen, who has written a forthcoming book on the subject.

The case is Democratic National Committee et al v. Republican National Committee et al, U.S. Court of Appeals for the 3rd Circuit, No. 09-4615.

Republicans lose appeal on poll-watching tactics

See bolded: Yes as far as can be proven, but when people go from one polling place to the next, voting on the behalf of dead people, who's to know?. It's not like my dad would bitch if someone up in Connecticut voted under his name.
It seems to me that anyone without the ambition to acquire a photo ID, probably doesn't have the ambition to go stand in line to vote either.

The Republican National Committee on Thursday lost a bid to dissolve a decades-old legal agreement with the Democratic National Committee over the GOP's use of improper election tactics.

The agreement dates to 1982, when the Republican National Committee settled a lawsuit brought by the Democratic National Committee accusing the GOP of trying to intimidate minority voters. Under the agreement, the Republican National Committee must obtain court approval before implementing certain poll-monitoring activities in minority precincts.

on what basis do you claim this is not true?

The Republican National Committee on Thursday lost a bid to dissolve a decades-old legal agreement with the Democratic National Committee over the GOP's use of improper election tactics.

The agreement dates to 1982, when the Republican National Committee settled a lawsuit brought by the Democratic National Committee accusing the GOP of trying to intimidate minority voters. Under the agreement, the Republican National Committee must obtain court approval before implementing certain poll-monitoring activities in minority precincts.

on what basis do you claim this is not true?

You're accusing yourself of lying again.

Election law professor Richard Hasen at University of California, Irvine described the ruling as a "huge win" for the Democratic Party. He said the Republican National Committee could file an emergency appeal to Supreme Court Justice Samuel Alito, who oversees the 3rd Circuit. Alternately, the committee could seek review by the full 3rd Circuit.

Impersonation fraud, which the ballot security measures target, is only a small fraction of voter fraud, the court noted in its opinion. More common types of fraud include corruption among election officials or attempts to manipulate absentee ballots, said Hasen, who has written a forthcoming book on the subject.

The case is Democratic National Committee et al v. Republican National Committee et al, U.S. Court of Appeals for the 3rd Circuit, No. 09-4615.

Hey, aren't you the one who runs around the board saying this type of fraud doesn't exist at all??

No Dem has said that.

It's lookin' to be more-and-more a FAUX Noise/Joe MCarthy-style issue....​

"I choose not to make allegations regarding specific individuals in the media," Davis told me, via e-mail."

Forum List

Back