Judge tells republican party NO again

what are the names of those two skinny black guys?

Minister King Samir Shabazz & Jerry Jackson, a member of Philadelphia's 14th Ward Democratic Committee and a credentialed poll watcher for the Democratic Party last Election Day.

John Fund: Black Panther Voter Intimidation Case Dropped - WSJ.com

Well, shiver me timbers.....they are politically affiliated with the democratic committee :clap2:

your proof they run the democratic party is what?

Minister King Samir Shabazz & Jerry Jackson, a member of Philadelphia's 14th Ward Democratic Committee and a credentialed poll watcher for the Democratic Party last Election Day.

John Fund: Black Panther Voter Intimidation Case Dropped - WSJ.com

Well, shiver me timbers.....they are politically affiliated with the democratic committee :clap2:

your proof they run the democratic party is what?

your prof that they dont?

this is all they have to defend against reams and reams documentation of the republican party losing in court over their attempts to keep Americans from voting

two skinny black guys standing arround scaring no one.

The VERY top of the republican party fucking our democracy

GOP Memo Admits Plan Could 'Keep Black Vote Down' - Los Angeles Times

In an Aug. 13 memo the court made public Friday, Kris Wolfe, the Republican National Committee Midwest political director, wrote Lanny Griffith, the committee's Southern political director, and said of the Louisiana campaigning:

"I know this race is really important to you. I would guess that this program will eliminate at least 60-80,000 folks from the rolls. . . . If it's a close race . . . which I'm assuming it is, this could keep the black vote down considerably."

Unseals Document

She said in the memorandum that the program had been approved by Gregory Graves, deputy political director of the National Republican Senatorial Committee.The document, called Exhibit 13, was unsealed by U.S. District Judge Dickinson R. Debevoise when lawyers for the Democratic National Committee said it was needed to question Wolfe.

The very top people of the R party

the very top

GOP Memo Admits Plan Could 'Keep Black Vote Down' - Los Angeles Times

In an Aug. 13 memo the court made public Friday, Kris Wolfe, the Republican National Committee Midwest political director, wrote Lanny Griffith, the committee's Southern political director, and said of the Louisiana campaigning:

"I know this race is really important to you. I would guess that this program will eliminate at least 60-80,000 folks from the rolls. . . . If it's a close race . . . which I'm assuming it is, this could keep the black vote down considerably."

Unseals Document

She said in the memorandum that the program had been approved by Gregory Graves, deputy political director of the National Republican Senatorial Committee.The document, called Exhibit 13, was unsealed by U.S. District Judge Dickinson R. Debevoise when lawyers for the Democratic National Committee said it was needed to question Wolfe.

The very top people of the R party

the very top

The Midwest political director is the very top of the Republican Party?

Who knew?? :dunno:

Election law professor Richard Hasen at University of California, Irvine described the ruling as a "huge win" for the Democratic Party. He said the Republican National Committee could file an emergency appeal to Supreme Court Justice Samuel Alito, who oversees the 3rd Circuit. Alternately, the committee could seek review by the full 3rd Circuit.

Impersonation fraud, which the ballot security measures target, is only a small fraction of voter fraud, the court noted in its opinion. More common types of fraud include corruption among election officials or attempts to manipulate absentee ballots, said Hasen, who has written a forthcoming book on the subject.

The case is Democratic National Committee et al v. Republican National Committee et al, U.S. Court of Appeals for the 3rd Circuit, No. 09-4615.

Republicans lose appeal on poll-watching tactics

It seems that the result of the 1982 fabrication of 'convict' status list for a number of blacks the RNC agreed to return to court if the RNC wished any poll watching and/or fraud reducing measures.

Photo ID is a separate matter, but covered broadly by the decree.

Doesn't it appear that the RNC has correctly identified a problem...but Democrat-controlled court (I'm guessing) is using the 1982 decree agreement to block fraud reduction?

And, again, what problem do you have with photo ID?

There is no crimes for it to stop

its costs millions of tax payer dollars

It will keep legal American voters from voting.

Now answer my question.

Why do you refuse facts and instead use republican talking points in their place?

1. "There is no crimes for it to stop."
Now, you know that isn't true....if you don't see my post #19.

2."its costs millions of tax payer dollars"

You're concerned with spending???
Great!
So...which Republican are you voting for? (sorry to end the sentence with a preposition!)

3. "It will keep legal American voters from voting."
"Based on the Eagleton Institute's findings, some members of the media have claimed that voter identification law suppress voter turnout, especially among minorities.[80] Their conclusion is unfounded. When statis¬tically significant and negative relationships are found in our analysis, the effects are so small that the findings offer little policy significance.

For a thorough statistical analysis of the effect of voter identification requirements:
New Analysis Shows Voter Identification Laws Do Not Reduce Turnout

4. "Why do you refuse facts and instead use republican talking points in their place?"
Don't you mean "refute"?

How come the Black Panthers were at the polling place asking for ID and as security?

Republicans lose appeal on poll-watching tactics

The Republican National Committee on Thursday lost a bid to dissolve a decades-old legal agreement with the Democratic National Committee over the GOP's use of improper election tactics.

The agreement dates to 1982, when the Republican National Committee settled a lawsuit brought by the Democratic National Committee accusing the GOP of trying to intimidate minority voters. Under the agreement, the Republican National Committee must obtain court approval before implementing certain poll-monitoring activities in minority precincts.

these court documents will exsist forever

The Republican Party filed suit in November 2008 to void the agreement. But the Philadelphia-based U.S. Court of Appeals for the 3rd Circuit rejected the GOP's request on Thursday, affirming a New Jersey district court's ruling.

"If the RNC does not hope to engage in conduct that would violate the Decree, it is puzzling that the RNC is pursuing vacatur so vigorously," Judge Joseph Greenaway wrote on behalf of the three-judge panel. He noted that the party sought to escape the decree at a critical moment, in time for the upcoming election cycle.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back