Judge says 10-year-old girl can rejoin softball team in blow to transgender sports ban

“A federal judge has ordered that Indianapolis Public Schools must allow a 10-year-old girl at the heart of a legal challenge against a state ban targeting transgender athletes to rejoin her softball team.”

Very good.
If boys start playing girls softball, once they hit puberty it will turn into a homerun derby.

Can we make a deal that a four year old who was administered chemical treatments to change his appearance to a girl and identifies as a girl at 10 years old can compete in girls sports but on the other hand a fully grown man who claims to be women should be prevented from competing against women? Can we also agree that the four year old (now ten) is a victim of child abuse?

Gender can not be a social construct and at the same time be understood by a 4 y/o.

They are. Transgendered people want to change that and they are apparently winning.

They are not, they are basing them on gender, which is why this can happen.

If they were based on sex alone then this would not be an issue

“A federal judge has ordered that Indianapolis Public Schools must allow a 10-year-old girl at the heart of a legal challenge against a state ban targeting transgender athletes to rejoin her softball team.”

Very good.
Before I read the link, I'm asuming this person really is a boy?

Can we make a deal that a four year old who was administered chemical treatments to change his appearance to a girl and identifies as a girl at 10 years old can compete in girls sports but on the other hand a fully grown man who claims to be women should be prevented from competing against women? Can we also agree that the four year old (now ten) is a victim of child abuse?
No. He's no a girl. The parents should be in jail

Very good.
What is it in your programming that triggered this post?

Algorithms fascinate me.

They are not, they are basing them on gender, which is why this can happen.

If they were based on sex alone then this would not be an issue

Gender and sex were linked and meant the same thing for basically the entire history of the human race until like 3 years ago. Then the definition of gender was changed somehow to mean something else.

The trans crowd is using that to confuse the issue. This will likely go on until it gets in someone's pocket. Let 5-7 average HS boys decide they are all girls and are going to play basketball in college and all go to the same school. When they crush every womens team they play by 75 points through the entire womens NCAA tourney things will change.

Very good.
C_Clayton, can you explain in your own words, why it important to have girls' and women's sports instead of just having one all gender organization for each sport? If you think that is important? Why you support Title IX, for example, if you do.

What I have a real problem with is that little league allows girls to play on the boys teams. But unless a boy "pretends" to be a girl, he's not allowed to play softball with the girls. Why is that?
I don't have a problem with that. If a girl tries out for the boys' teams, she is volunteering to play in a much tougher category, believing herself up to the challenge. So long as no one is forced to have X number of girls on a team for diversity, I'm fine with that.

When I was in a youth league baseball, way way back in the seventies, we had a girl play in the eleven and twelve year old division. There was no girls' version of the league. It was a Church league, not very competitive, but we had a lot of fun. She held her own. She was a little chubby (by seventies standards) and she swung a decent bat and was starting third baseman. My team mates made fun of her, but she was fine by me.

This idea of boys playing on the girls teams just so they can not suck as they would on the male teams will be the death of women's sports if we do not put a stop to it. Right now it's mediocre to loser guys who are doing it. But soon it will be guys almost good enough for the NBA, or just cut from it after one season, who will grow a ponytail, or get a weave and fill up the slots (no pun intended AT ALL) in the WNBA. The WNBA will be turned into farm teams for the NBA.

I can see women's weight lifting, what little women's American football there is, women's soccer, women's golf, women's tennis, and nearly all of the women's track and field sports being dominated by men with a claim of transgender identity.

Liberals, that is really what you want?

Gender and sex were linked and meant the same thing for basically the entire history of the human race until like 3 years ago. Then the definition of gender was changed somehow to mean something else.

Nope, not true at all. As a kid in the 60s and 70s nobody used the word gender in place of the word sex. They were never used in place of each other. It was in the late 70s and early 80s that the Moral Majority choose to use the word gender as the the word sex was a bad word and should not be said.

Nope, not true at all. As a kid in the 60s and 70s nobody used the word gender in place of the word sex. They were never used in place of each other. It was in the late 70s and early 80s that the Moral Majority choose to use the word gender as the the word sex was a bad word and should not be said.
I do have to admit that not ONCE in the 60s or 70s did I ever go out drinking with a chick in the hopes that we would have gender.

Oh bullshit GG. Sex and gender have been linked since the beginning of time until John Money and his BS book started it in the 70's but the separation of gender and sex came about recently. You were using the word gender as a kid? You had deep discussions about the difference as a 10 y/o did you? When someone said girl up until a few years ago EVERYONE knew what you were talking about. A female with a vagina who likely liked pink and to wear dresses. When people said girls basketball or girls soccer everyone knew what you meant. Not until recently was anyone "confused". But the reality no one is really confused. Everyone knows girls cant compete on an even playing field with boys and all that's happening is we are killing women's sports.

I can vouch for the part about the sixties and seventies.

I well remember the first time I heard the word gender. My mom paid our Columbian neighbor to teach us kids Spanish (and baby sit, but we weren't supposed to know). She was struggling to explain something in her broken English about Spanish. Her very bi-lingual daughter Claudia (and the real reason for my interest in the beautiful language of Castellano), explained that in Spanish, all nouns have genders.

What's that?

You know, male or female. Bota is female. Zapato is male.

Why?

It's obvious to us.

Who knew?

Male and female are two different sexes. Men and women are adults of male and female sex. That's English.

"Transgenders" were originally called "transexuals," and it worked fine. They were men trapped in women's bodies or vice-versa. They had sex re-assignment surgery and got their documents changed to reflect the new sex.

The reason people want to use gender is so that they can "choose their gender" on a daily basis with the legal requirements once applied to changing one's sex officially.

And I don't care if they do. Just don't use that to screw up girls' and women's sports.

Let her play sports!

I don't have a problem with that. If a girl tries out for the boys' teams, she is volunteering to play in a much tougher category, believing herself up to the challenge. So long as no one is forced to have X number of girls on a team for diversity, I'm fine with that.

When I was in a youth league baseball, way way back in the seventies, we had a girl play in the eleven and twelve year old division. There was no girls' version of the league. It was a Church league, not very competitive, but we had a lot of fun. She held her own. She was a little chubby (by seventies standards) and she swung a decent bat and was starting third baseman. My team mates made fun of her, but she was fine by me.

This idea of boys playing on the girls teams just so they can not suck as they would on the male teams will be the death of women's sports if we do not put a stop to it. Right now it's mediocre to loser guys who are doing it. But soon it will be guys almost good enough for the NBA, or just cut from it after one season, who will grow a ponytail, or get a weave and fill up the slots (no pun intended AT ALL) in the WNBA. The WNBA will be turned into farm teams for the NBA.

I can see women's weight lifting, what little women's American football there is, women's soccer, women's golf, women's tennis, and nearly all of the women's track and field sports being dominated by men with a claim of transgender identity.

Liberals, that is really what you want?
Girls can typically hang with the boys in baseball until the field gets a bit bigger as the boys start to hit puberty. Depending on your state that will be 12-14. Once you go to a 90 ft diamond the differences in the boys and girls get exposed. That's not to say that no girl ever could compete then but 95% cant.

Oh bullshit GG. Sex and gender have been linked since the beginning of time

And they are still linked but they never used interchangeably prior to the late 70s and the Moral Majority.

There is a reason your Birth Cert list Sex and not Gender.

And they are still linked but they never used interchangeably prior to the late 70s and the Moral Majority.

There is a reason your Birth Cert list Sex and not Gender.
They don’t put boy on your birth certificate either but boy and male are essentially the same thing.

Forum List

Back