Judge rules in favor of LGBT and against Parents

TroglocratsRdumb

Diamond Member
Aug 11, 2017
A Maryland district court denied parentsā€™ appeal to reinstate an opt-out policy in Montgomery County Public Schools on Thursday.

The case, Tamer Mahmoud v. Monica B. McKnight, hinged on whether the districtā€™s May decision to rescind its opt-out policy for LGBT curricula violated parentsā€™ right to direct the religious instruction of their children.

The court concluded that, ā€œthe plaintiffsā€™ asserted due process right to direct their childrenā€™s upbringing by opting out of a public-school curriculum that conflicts with their religious views is not a fundamental right.ā€

Parents sought a preliminary injunction that would authorize opt-out options once school begins on August 28, which judge Deborah Boardman (Biden appointee) also denied:

ā€œBecause the plaintiffs have not established any of their claims is likely to succeed on the merits, the Court need not address the remaining preliminary injunction factors. Nonetheless, because a constitutional violation is not likely or imminent, it follows that the plaintiffs are not likely to suffer imminent irreparable harm, and the balance of the equities and the public interest favor denying an injunction to avoid undermining the School Boardā€™s legitimate interests in the no-opt-out policy . . . The plaintiffs seek the same relief pending appeal as in their preliminary injunction motion: an injunction that requires the Board to provide advance notice and opt-outs from instruction involving the storybooks and family life and human sexuality. For the reasons stated in this opinion, the Court cannot conclude the plaintiffs are likely to succeed on the merits of an appeal. The plaintiffsā€™ request for a preliminary injunction pending appeal is denied.ā€

The American Conservative

The Left: ā€˜All Your Kids Are Belong To Usā€™

Jan 20, 2022 Ā· Terry McAuliffe said that parents have no business passing judgment on what their kids are taught at school. This is what so many on the Left believe: that it is ā€¦

Global web icon

PJ Media

Biden Doesn't Think Your Children Belong to You ā€“ PJ Media

Apr 24, 2023 Ā· As Joe Biden said, the left believes thereā€™s ā€œno such thing as someone elseā€™s child.ā€ From their perspective, children are mere instruments of the state, and he just said ā€¦

Comment:
The Left believes that the children belong to them, and not to their parents.
This is also how cults build their members.
This is how pedophiles groom children.
This is how the Left destroys mainstream society.

A Maryland district court denied parentsā€™ appeal to reinstate an opt-out policy in Montgomery County Public Schools on Thursday.

The case, Tamer Mahmoud v. Monica B. McKnight, hinged on whether the districtā€™s May decision to rescind its opt-out policy for LGBT curricula violated parentsā€™ right to direct the religious instruction of their children.

The court concluded that, ā€œthe plaintiffsā€™ asserted due process right to direct their childrenā€™s upbringing by opting out of a public-school curriculum that conflicts with their religious views is not a fundamental right.ā€

Parents sought a preliminary injunction that would authorize opt-out options once school begins on August 28, which judge Deborah Boardman (Biden appointee) also denied:

ā€œBecause the plaintiffs have not established any of their claims is likely to succeed on the merits, the Court need not address the remaining preliminary injunction factors. Nonetheless, because a constitutional violation is not likely or imminent, it follows that the plaintiffs are not likely to suffer imminent irreparable harm, and the balance of the equities and the public interest favor denying an injunction to avoid undermining the School Boardā€™s legitimate interests in the no-opt-out policy . . . The plaintiffs seek the same relief pending appeal as in their preliminary injunction motion: an injunction that requires the Board to provide advance notice and opt-outs from instruction involving the storybooks and family life and human sexuality. For the reasons stated in this opinion, the Court cannot conclude the plaintiffs are likely to succeed on the merits of an appeal. The plaintiffsā€™ request for a preliminary injunction pending appeal is denied.ā€

The American Conservative

The Left: ā€˜All Your Kids Are Belong To Usā€™

Jan 20, 2022 Ā· Terry McAuliffe said that parents have no business passing judgment on what their kids are taught at school. This is what so many on the Left believe: that it is ā€¦

Global web icon

PJ Media

Biden Doesn't Think Your Children Belong to You ā€“ PJ Media

Apr 24, 2023 Ā· As Joe Biden said, the left believes thereā€™s ā€œno such thing as someone elseā€™s child.ā€ From their perspective, children are mere instruments of the state, and he just said ā€¦

Comment:
The Left believes that the children belong to them, and not to their parents.
This is also how cults build their members.
This is how pedophiles groom children.
This is how the Left destroys mainstream society.
Montgomery County was always way to the left, even 60 years ago. It doesnā€™t surprise me that theyā€˜ve adopted Marxist practices.

Awesome. I wish that I had someone to protect me from the religious stupidity my parents inflicted on me.
Congratulations for being able to break free. Many super intelligent individuals become captured for life on account of not being able to escape input by the churhes in a child's formative years.

It's the 21st Century... we have Space Shuttles and Computers now.

We don't need to be cowering to Bronze Age Sky Pixies.
I think you underestimate how lost these people would be without their god. If religious people across the world collectively lost their faith tomorrow I think we'd be in big, big trouble.

I have never seen Joe write anything that is even remotely liberal.

All he does is express hatred.
You really do need to start that thread! I used ā€œleftistā€ in a post, and a leftist corrected me and said to call them liberals. So, who knows?

Wasn't aware they were mutually exclusive.

They pretty much are.

I think you underestimate how lost these people would be without their god. If religious people across the world collectively lost their faith tomorrow I think we'd be in big, big trouble.

You might have a point. Some of these "Christians" come off like murderou sociopaths even with their imaginary friend in their lives... I could only imagine what some of them would be like without a sky pixie to grovel in front of.

And you want us to be like the anti-religion Democrats? No thanks. I have morals.
Um, where i grew up, they used "Jew" as a verb for screwing people over.... that's your morals.

"Hey, you really got jewed on that deal!"

You might have a point. Some of these "Christians" come off like murderou sociopaths even with their imaginary friend in their lives... I could only imagine what some of them would be like without a sky pixie to grovel in front of.
Some people need the universe to be simple and structured because it gives them a sense of comfort and control. Without religion these people would be a far bigger menace than they currently are.

Morality has to be spelled out for them, and there needs to be strict rules and consequences. That's what makes sense to them. The true chaos and randomness of the universe and reality in general is too much. Their minds would break if they had to accept it all.

Forum List

Back