Judge rips feds in Sherrod-Breitbart lawsuit

Freewill

Platinum Member
Oct 26, 2011
Come on folks why would the Obama administration be acting like this? Simple, they are the ones at fault not Breitbart. Certainly you can believe what Breitbart posted was disingenuous although it was her words just truncated. BUT that is not what fired her it was Obama's reaction. Her law suit should be against Obama not Breibart that is why they are trying hard to keep the truth hidden, like they always do.

Judge rips feds in Sherrod-Breitbart lawsuit

Judge rips feds in Shirley Sherrod-Andrew Breitbart lawsuit - POLITICO.com

A federal judge delivered a severe tongue-lashing to a Justice Department lawyer Thursday, slamming the Obama Administration for its handling of demands for government records in the libel lawsuit fired Agriculture Department employee Shirley Sherrod filed against conservative blogger Andrew Breitbart.

During a 40-minute hearing, U.S. District Court Judge Richard Leon repeatedly ripped into the government and DOJ trial counsel David Glass for resisting requests from both sides in the case for government files and e-mails that might be of use in the litigation. At one point, the judge snapped at Glass, ordering him to "sit right down."

Sherrod was forced to resign as a state rural development director for USDA in 2010 after Breitbart posted video clips online from a speech she gave earlier in the year at an NAACP event. The videos appeared to suggest that Sherrod was a racist. Within a matter of hours, Agriculture Secretary Tom Vilsack dismissed her, acting in consultation with the White House.

I love how the spin has been put on the report..

Everybody seems to ignore that Sherrod said the following and no one is denying that she said it.

What he didn’t know while he was taking all that time trying to show me he was superior to me, was I was trying to decide just how much help I was going to give him. [audience chuckled]

I was struggling with the fact that so many black people have lost their farmland, and here I was faced with having to help a white person save their land. So, I didn’t give him the full force of what I could do. I did enough so that when he — I — I assumed the Department of Agriculture had sent him to me, either that or the — or the Georgia Department of Agriculture. And he needed to go back and report that I did try to help him.

So I took him to a white lawyer that we had — that had…attended some of the training that we had provided, ’cause Chapter 12 bankruptcy had just been enacted for the family farmer. So I figured if I take him to one of them that his own kind would take care of him.

Now reverse the races.. A White Government Employee faced with a Black Farmer admits that they were trying to decide " decide just how much help I was going to give him"... Then says "I was struggling with the fact that so many White people have lost their farmland, and here I was faced with having to help a Black person save their land. So, I didn’t give him the full force of what I could do. I did enough so that when he — I — I assumed the Department of Agriculture had sent him to me, either that or the — or the Georgia Department of Agriculture. And he needed to go back and report that I did try to help him."

Then finally they say "So I took him to a Black lawyer that we had — that had…attended some of the training that we had provided, ’cause Chapter 12 bankruptcy had just been enacted for the family farmer. So I figured if I take him to one of them that his own kind would take care of him"

Would anyone deny that the White Government Employee acting in a racist manner?

Sure, later she had her moment of enlightenment and did the right thing, but that doesn't negate the fact that she had acted and admitted that she had acted in racist manner.

Last edited:
One must ask themselves why the Obama administration fired her in the first place. My thinking is they wanted to get rid of her and used this as an excuse. There is BS all the time on the INTERNET and I find it hard to believe that the Obama administration would take a Breitbart video at face value. But that is what they apparently want us to believe. It also could be that they used this woman to make Breitbart look bad. Either way I see nothing that they can get Breitbart on. But the Obama administration, they are guilty as hell.

Forum List

Back