Judge OK's Assange extradition--sends decision to UK government

EvilEyeFleegle

Dogpatch USA
Gold Supporting Member
Nov 2, 2017
Twin Falls Idaho
Well...the end is approaching Assange, one way or the other--either he is extradited or his status in Britain is regularized:

A British judge on Wednesday formally approved the extradition of Julian Assange to the United States to face spying charges. The case will now go to Britain’s interior minister for a decision, and the WikiLeaks founder still has legal avenues of appeal.
The order comes after the U.K. Supreme Court last month refused Assange permission to appeal against a lower court’s ruling that he could be extradited.
A judge at Westminster Magistrates’ Court issued the order in a brief hearing. Home Secretary Priti Patel will decide whether to grant the extradition.
The move doesn't exhaust the legal options for Assange, who has sought for years to avoid a trial in the U.S. on charges related to WikiLeaks’ publication of a huge trove of classified documents more than a decade ago.
His lawyers have four weeks to make submissions to Patel, and can also seek to appeal to the High Court.

I wonder if Assange was a danger to our country or just a danger to some really evil bureaucrats, who happened to be high up in our government?

Maybe one day we will find out why he decided to screw over the only real allies he had in America.

That Biden refuses to grant him a pardon is reason #567 I would never vote for him.
oh please like you didn’t vote for Xiden

and please like you really thought a dem was going to grant him a pardon after he exposed how your party had corrupted the election process

Well...the end is approaching Assange, one way or the other--either he is extradited or his status in Britain is regularized:

A British judge on Wednesday formally approved the extradition of Julian Assange to the United States to face spying charges. The case will now go to Britain’s interior minister for a decision, and the WikiLeaks founder still has legal avenues of appeal.
The order comes after the U.K. Supreme Court last month refused Assange permission to appeal against a lower court’s ruling that he could be extradited.
A judge at Westminster Magistrates’ Court issued the order in a brief hearing. Home Secretary Priti Patel will decide whether to grant the extradition.
The move doesn't exhaust the legal options for Assange, who has sought for years to avoid a trial in the U.S. on charges related to WikiLeaks’ publication of a huge trove of classified documents more than a decade ago.
His lawyers have four weeks to make submissions to Patel, and can also seek to appeal to the High Court.
Ohhhhh I hope so. The secrets he has on the Democraps will be exciting

He is nothing but a glorified fence dealing in stolen merchandise which he then lords over people to pump up his ego and make a reasons for anyone to pay attention to him. If he was on fire I would not piss on him to put it out.

Apologies, I was going to put one in in the European thread on this but was given others to choose from and I chose another one and have put it in. Not meaning to give your thread competition. He can ask Preti Patel for a pardon and I would expect her to say no. His team says they have a couple more things they can try but it does look like he is going to jail in the US, There has been virtually no publicity on this in the UK so that most people will not even know what is going on never mind know enough to cause people to think. I would have expected it to get a lot of publicity, for their being debate type shows where people said what they thought etc but nothing.

Last edited:
Apologies, I was going to put one in in the European thread on this but was given others to choose from and I chose another one and have put it in. Not meaning to give your thread competition. He can ask Preti Patel for a pardon and I would expect her to say no. His team says they have a couple more things they can try but it does look like he is going to jail in the US, There has been virtually no publicity on this in the UK so that most people will not even know what is going on never mind know enough to cause people to think. I would have expected it to get a lot of publicity, for their being debate type shows where people said what they thought etc but nothing.
No worries.
Not surprised at the lack of response from England's press. After all, England does not, and never has had, a free Press. By law, the Govt. can prevent anything they don't like from seeing the light of day.

No worries.
Not surprised at the lack of response from England's press. After all, England does not, and never has had, a free Press. By law, the Govt. can prevent anything they don't like from seeing the light of day.
You are mistaken. Every major news outlet has covered it today.

Ironic that you are slagging the UK for a lack of a free press when the post concerns the US trying to lock up a man for publishing stuff.

You must see the irony there.

You are mistaken. Every major news outlet has covered it today.

Ironic that you are slagging the UK for a lack of a free press when the post concerns the US trying to lock up a man for publishing stuff.

You must see the irony there.

I have no issue with Assange, other than a strong suspicion he let himself be used by the Russians to disseminate disinformation and foment hate and discontent in the US.
BTW, I did not say one way or the other about the UK coverage. I responded to another post. I note that you don't deny that the UK govt. can and does censor the news as they see fit.

I have no issue with Assange, other than a strong suspicion he let himself be used by the Russians to disseminate disinformation and foment hate and discontent in the US.
BTW, I did not say one way or the other about the UK coverage. I responded to another post. I note that you don't deny that the UK govt. can and does censor the news as they see fit.

I cant make my mind up about Assange. He seems a bit of an oddball to me. All organisations censor news and have done so since the dawn of time.

I wonder if Assange was a danger to our country or just a danger to some really evil bureaucrats, who happened to be high up in our government?
Assange is mostly a danger to the women that he rapes.

But Assange is also a danger to democracy in general.

-------------------------------------------------------
He should be free.
So Assange can rape more women?

Or so Assange can help more dictators purge democracy activists from their governments?

Both?

Assange is mostly a danger to the women that he rapes.

But Assange is also a danger to democracy in general.

-------------------------------------------------------

So Assange can rape more women?

Or so Assange can help more dictators purge democracy activists from their governments?

Both?
Hello there! I can see you are one that needs the fiction for a feel good moment. See ya 'round.

Forum List

Back