Judge declares smoking bans consitiutional

says it all, doesn't it? :cuckoo:

I guess we can stack that onto the ESTIMATES and PROJECTIONS and other intangible, anonymous bullshit that pink lungers will pull out of their empty quiver.

smoking and bars have been hand in hand for ages but THIS is the first example of someone keeling over? gimme a fucking break. This gal may have been jogging to work, suffering from allergies, any NUMBER of things. But, hey, blaming smokers is the POSH thing to do.

It's like the Captain Planet of issues these days.

:rolleyes:

He declined to identify the woman, the bar or the town because of a confidentiality agreement with the victim's family.

:cuckoo:

Isn't it usual for a doctor to refuse to disclose a patient's medical history. In this case he disclosed the history, so he has to hide the identity to respect confidentiality

When someone drinks wine in a bar, they are not forcing that wine down someone else's throat. no such thing a exposure to second hand wine. Try to stay on topic here.

If you've ever seen a sibling repeatedly rushed to the hospital during as asthma attack as a result of exposure to cigarette smoke from another family member whom doctors have told not to smoke around the sibling, you know it's a hazard. And like as I said earlier, I didn't even have to be told by my doctor that secondhand smoke was causing my asthma. I dissappeared once smoking was bannned. It was the only thing that changed in my workplace. It was the cause.

If you think you know better than a medical doctor what caused her death and want to blame it on your list of allergens, do whatever you have to do to keep convincing yourself that your smoke harms no one.

oh yea.. NOT forcing THEIR drink down anyones throat.. until they DRIVE home and ploy into a family of 5. THOSE tangible, reoccuring yearly FATALITIES don't mean shit to pink lungers but, hey, let someone ESTIMATE some SHS deaths and all of a sudden we have a fucking pandemic.

also, hate to break it to ya but it's true that doctors can be wrong. They can even have themselves an AGENDA that becomes more important than the facts too. I'll let you figure out the significane of that statement after you discover how your ESTIMATES and PROJECTIONS are less than impressive given that hundreds of people will die this year just so you can have the choice to drink in public.

Isn't it usual for a doctor to refuse to disclose a patient's medical history. In this case he disclosed the history, so he has to hide the identity to respect confidentiality

If you want to change law and policy based on what you purport someone's medical condition is/was, then I'd suggest one had better make sure that they disclose the information. Otherwise, they're simply not credible.

sorry.. one anonymous, unprovable example really isn't that impressive unless you PROJECT it to apply generally. One person dies from flying in a plane last year. HOLY SHIT! Well, there goes the legacy of the WRight brothers!

oh yea.. NOT forcing THEIR drink down anyones throat.. until they DRIVE home and ploy into a family of 5. THOSE tangible, reoccuring yearly FATALITIES don't mean shit to pink lungers but, hey, let someone ESTIMATE some SHS deaths and all of a sudden we have a fucking pandemic.

What planet do you live on? People are just as mad about drunk driving as they are about second hand smoke. And fatalities from drunk driving does indeed mean shit to this "pink lunger'. I can't tell you how many times I shut people off and if the situation warranted it, I took their car keys from them and put them in taxis.

also, hate to break it to ya but it's true that doctors can be wrong. They can even have themselves an AGENDA that becomes more important than the facts too. I'll let you figure out the significane of that statement after you discover how your ESTIMATES and PROJECTIONS are less than impressive given that hundreds of people will die this year just so you can have the choice to drink in public.

Only one here with an agenda is you and the rest of the Tobacco Troofer conspiracy freaks.

If you want to change law and policy based on what you purport someone's medical condition is/was, then I'd suggest one had better make sure that they disclose the information. Otherwise, they're simply not credible.

Sure. To a judge. But not to a reporter, that would be breach of doctor/patient confidentiality.

I live on the planet where pink lungers would rather rally because of a "LINK" to SHS rather than do something about drinking which, as a matter of fact, WILL kill thousands this year. None of this "estimates" or "projections" about it. You've got one anonymous instance that you want to pin on smokers while more people die from allowed public alcohol consumption in one month than you can dole up for an entire 30 years span.

MADD about DD? Apparently, not enough to nix drinking in public.. BUT, let a moker light up and all of a sudden the sky is falling and joe camel dragged you, kicking and screaming, into a smokey bar.

Yea, preserving liberty IS my agenda, Ang. You have never been forced to enter a smokey bar. Go somewhere else and hock your bullshit flash in the pan fanaticism.

sorry.. one anonymous, unprovable example really isn't that impressive unless you PROJECT it to apply generally. One person dies from flying in a plane last year. HOLY SHIT! Well, there goes the legacy of the WRight brothers!

Get a grip, Shoogie, before you give yourself an asthma attack.

When someone drinks wine in a bar, they are not forcing that wine down someone else's throat. no such thing a exposure to second hand wine. Try to stay on topic here.

If you've ever seen a sibling repeatedly rushed to the hospital during as asthma attack as a result of exposure to cigarette smoke from another family member whom doctors have told not to smoke around the sibling, you know it's a hazard. And like as I said earlier, I didn't even have to be told by my doctor that secondhand smoke was causing my asthma. I dissappeared once smoking was bannned. It was the only thing that changed in my workplace. It was the cause.

If you think you know better than a medical doctor what caused her death and want to blame it on your list of allergens, do whatever you have to do to keep convincing yourself that your smoke harms no one.

That could be true about the sulfites, though I do have a friend that can keel over and die if he's in the same room with cooked shellfish.

Point being, there is NO WAY they could have ruled out all those other triggers.

I live on the planet where pink lungers would rather rally because of a "LINK" to SHS rather than do something about drinking which, as a matter of fact, WILL kill thousands this year. None of this "estimates" or "projections" about it. You've got one anonymous instance that you want to pin on smokers while more people die from allowed public alcohol consumption in one month than you can dole up for an entire 30 years span.

MADD about DD? Apparently, not enough to nix drinking in public.. BUT, let a moker light up and all of a sudden the sky is falling and joe camel dragged you, kicking and screaming, into a smokey bar.

Yea, preserving liberty IS my agenda, Ang. You have never been forced to enter a smokey bar. Go somewhere else and hock your bullshit flash in the pan fanaticism.

I'd say the fanatic here is you Shoogie Boo!

That could be true about the sulfites, though I do have a friend that can keel over and die if he's in the same room with cooked shellfish.

Point being, there is NO WAY they could have ruled out all those other triggers.

Yet you want to rule out cigarette smoke?

Im choosing otherwise. See how that works?

Besides, my family has a history of asthma. I don't go around blaming the family history of diabetes on Hostess cakes either, just so you know. There comes a point where personal responsiblity kicks in. If you can't choose a smoke free bar then I feel no obligation to entertain your pink lunger bullshit. Mcdonalds is probably the reason people are fat too, eh? Can't have anything to do with the personal choice of diet. nope. There is a LINK, you know. Estimates and Projections!

I'd say the fanatic here is you Shoogie Boo!

of course you would. You are a pink lunger with no regard for the rights of anyone outside of your bandwagon. You might remember where the phrase "dont tread on me" comes from. Im not trying to take away your rights; indeed, CHOOSE a smoke free bar. You are the fanatic that is pushing your OPINION onto people.

Hey, some of us care about EVIDENCE beyond the crusade of the day. Silly us.

Crusade of the day? What are you, Rip Van Winkle?

The anti secondhand smoke movement has been active since before you and I have been born. I wish you really meant it when you said you cared about evidence.

of course you would. You are a pink lunger with no regard for the rights of anyone outside of your bandwagon. You might remember where the phrase "dont tread on me" comes from. Im not trying to take away your rights; indeed, CHOOSE a smoke free bar. You are the fanatic that is pushing your OPINION onto people.

Don't tread on me = Don't smoke around me.

My right to breath trumps your right to smoke.

Im choosing otherwise. See how that works?

Besides, my family has a history of asthma. I don't go around blaming the family history of diabetes on Hostess cakes either, just so you know. There comes a point where personal responsiblity kicks in. If you can't choose a smoke free bar then I feel no obligation to entertain your pink lunger bullshit. Mcdonalds is probably the reason people are fat too, eh? Can't have anything to do with the personal choice of diet. nope. There is a LINK, you know. Estimates and Projections!

Again, we are talking about the second hand effects of someone else's unhealthy behavior. Eat all the Whoppers you want, it's doesn't affect my cholesterol count.

Forum List

Back