Judge Cannon weighs dismissal of Trump classified documents case

View attachment 916870

The PRA of 1978 no where in plain English say that the President can take classified documents as personal records.

As a matter of fact the PRA clearly defines personal records in it's language and government classified documents are not in the description.

As a matter of fact the PRA clearly defines who owns Presidential Records.

View attachment 916871

FPOTUS#45 has not been charged with any action taken while Presidentent so what he did or didn't do as President is irrelevant.
So if he declassified the docs while President, it's irrelevant? Really?
FPOTUS#45 is ONLY charged with actions taken as a private citizen.

You may have missed it, but FPOTUS#45 has claimed Absolute Immunity, that by definition is an attempt to place him above the law.

No he hasn't. DO you think lying helps your argument?

handled, exactly, but they never ever actually touched or had an office in the warehouse, no secret service or FBI guarding the documents. Literally, no physical control unless being in a warehouse is physical control.

google it
NARA assumed exclusive legal and physical custody of Obama Presidential records when President Barack Obama left office in 2017, in accordance with the Presidential Records Act (PRA). NARA moved approximately 30 million pages of unclassified records to a NARA facility in the Chicago area, where they are maintained exclusively by NARA. Additionally, NARA maintains the classified Obama Presidential records in a NARA facility in the Washington, DC, area. As required by the PRA, former President Obama has no control over where and how NARA stores the Presidential records of his Administration. (August 12, 2022 statement here).

Obama Presidential records became subject to FOIA requests on January 20, 2022. NARA staff are processing records in a traditional manner, with archival staff processing responsive textual records requested via FOIA from the textual record. NARA will then digitize these processed records in the same manner in which records are digitized at other Presidential Libraries as part of the FOIA review and access process. Staff are also processing born-digital materials. (The digitization and Presidential records review processes are separate and distinct.)

False narrative, Trump cooperated 100%

Hell, the FBI new exactly where in the vast complex of Mar-a-Lago, the documents were located. How did they know, exactly where the documents were? How did they know Trump had documents.

Mar-a-Lago, guarded by the Secret Service 100% of the time.

Mar-a-Lago, where every person entering, is screened by security.

Mar-a-Lago, which was in complete cooperation with the Archivists
Wrong. Claims made in the indictment involve hiding boxes, deleting video footage, and lying to officials. That’s why he is being charged

And they told Trump to fuck himself, he's on his own when he was packing up the WH
Is that what Trump says?

As president, it was Trump and his staff required to maintain them and keep them accurate, and separate from any personal things. His staff was trained on what is a presidential record and what is not, when first hired by NARA....and the presidential records act governs such.

No one from the Archives was responsible for this, Trump and his staff were suppose to be maintaining them until Trump left office, and then ALL OF THEM, packed up and shipped to NARA, the Archives.

After this, the archives begin sorting through all of the records and organizing them in order of date and subject and persons communicating, classified or not, etc, preparing them for FOIA REQUESTS that will begin being filled 5 years after the President leaves office.

For the first 5 years after leaving, only the President can access them at the archives, or people the president assigns.

During this period, the President can ask for 6 documents at most, to initially be withheld from the public in 5 years, he can also request from the archives anything he personally wants, like Kim Jung love letters as Trump called them, and the archive will decide if he can have the original or a precise duplicate...
After Nixon, and the 1978 PRA, presidential records became the property of the US government, when the President leaves office...

Riiiight, well after he was President when he was asked for the classified docs back, he lied and obstructed… that’s where the indictment came from.
False! Have you ever wondered why, if you’re so right, your arguments rely on lies?

Former President Trump was absolutely not asked for classified documents back former President Trump was asked for documents with classified markings. If you don’t know the difference, let me know, and I’ll be happy to explain.

• Funny
Reactions: cnm
You are an idiot, I stated that presidential records end up in libraries. You said no, then explained that I was right!

You are an idiot, you said, and I quote: "Yet, the archivists do not literally retain, posses, or in any physical way retain presidential documents."

This is false, as the archivest * * DO ** literally retain, posses, or in all physical ways retain presidential documents.

The library does not retain or possess the Presidential records, they are owned by, remain the property of the US Government, and are physically managed within the Presidential Library by the NARA.

WW

You ignore the fact the Biden cooperated in the return of docs. Trump didn’t. That’s the major difference here and why Trump is being indicted
Trump was arguing that he did not need to give them the copies of the documents for a couple of reasons. Just like Hillary did. Except with more justification because Trump was a former president.

Rather than let that play out, the FBI decided to raid his home and go through his wife’s underwear.

I don’t mean like in the figurative sense like oh my gosh, these people are looking up my rear end for things to find me guilty. I mean they literally pawed through His wife’s underwear.

This is a type of “government” that you’re supporting?

You are an idiot, you said, and I quote: "Yet, the archivists do not literally retain, posses, or in any physical way retain presidential documents."

This is false, as the archivest * * DO ** literally retain, posses, or in all physical ways retain presidential documents.

The library does not retain or possess the Presidential records, they are owned by, remain the property of the US Government, and are physically managed within the Presidential Library by the NARA.

WW
Show us the Archivist's trucks, the warehouse they maintain for presidential records.

Show us the Archivist's office within the Obama Warehouses, that documents were stored. Tell us the names of the Archivists maintaining physical possession.

Show us that the Archivists had physical possession of every document Obama had, everywhere Obama maintained documents, 24 hours a day.

WW
Begs the question of why they didn't do the same for Trump, doesn't it?

• Funny
Reactions: cnm

Forum List

Back