Judge blocks parts of Arizona immigration law

From today's e-mail gleanings, I received the following. It is too recent, I guess, to be dealt with by one of the 'truth or fiction' research sites and I can't find it anywhere on the internet except in a whole bunch of blogs which suggests it is all or mostly made up.

But the truth of it is so poignant I decided to post it anyway with a disclaimer than it is much more likely to be metaphorical than an actual event:

The owner of the Phoenix Suns basketball team, Robert Sarver, opposes Arizona's new immigration laws. Arizona's Governor, Jan Brewer, released the following statement in response to Sarver's criticism of the new law:

"What if the owners of the Suns discovered that hordes of people were sneaking into games without paying? What if they had a good idea who the gate-crashers are, but the ushers and security personnel were not allowed to ask these folks to produce their ticket stubs, thus non-paying attendees couldn't be ejected. Furthermore, what if Suns' ownership was expected to provide those who sneaked in with complimentary food and drink, a program, an adequately sheltered seat, and education on how the game is played? And what if, on those days when a gate-crasher became ill or injured, the Suns had to provide free medical care and hospitalization?"

Would you think that to be a reasonable state of affairs?

Sincerely
Jan Brewer, Governor"

From today's e-mail gleanings, I received the following. It is too recent, I guess, to be dealt with by one of the 'truth or fiction' research sites and I can't find it anywhere on the internet except in a whole bunch of blogs which suggests it is all or mostly made up.

But the truth of it is so poignant I decided to post it anyway with a disclaimer than it is much more likely to be metaphorical than an actual event:

The owner of the Phoenix Suns basketball team, Robert Sarver, opposes Arizona's new immigration laws. Arizona's Governor, Jan Brewer, released the following statement in response to Sarver's criticism of the new law:

"What if the owners of the Suns discovered that hordes of people were sneaking into games without paying? What if they had a good idea who the gate-crashers are, but the ushers and security personnel were not allowed to ask these folks to produce their ticket stubs, thus non-paying attendees couldn't be ejected. Furthermore, what if Suns' ownership was expected to provide those who sneaked in with complimentary food and drink, a program, an adequately sheltered seat, and education on how the game is played? And what if, on those days when a gate-crasher became ill or injured, the Suns had to provide free medical care and hospitalization?"

Would you think that to be a reasonable state of affairs?

Sincerely
Jan Brewer, Governor"

I've said almost that exact same thing, except using the movie theater analogy.

Forum List

Back