Judge blocks parts of Arizona immigration law

I guess driving without a drivers license or using a stolen one in AZ is now legal. Or only if you no habla ingles.

Well they won. Might as well sign AZ over to their "rightful owners" now.

The judge issued a temporary injunction preventing the law from going into effect at midnight tonight.

As a side issue, the "attrition through enforcement" experiment seems to be putting the economy of Arizona in the tank. Small businesses are failing, apartment complexes are emptying and the once red-hot housing market is now stone cold and filled by REO's and short sales.

Such is the consequence of emotion based populist politics, where personal ambition leads and critically thinking is absent, and where governors and legislators put ideology before people.

I guess Obama's economy has nothing to do with it....LOL

Tthe "attrition through enforcement" experiment seems to be putting the economy of Arizona in the tank. Small businesses are failing, apartment complexes are emptying and the once red-hot housing market is now stone cold and filled by REO's and short sales.

Such is the consequence of emotion based populist politics, where personal ambition leads and critically thinking is absent; where governors and legislators act in their own self-interest and where ideology rules and pragmatic solutions die.

Wry, I have news for you, our economy has been in the tank and with the collapse of the Housing Market those illegal Aliens that were used as a cheap source of labor to build all those homes and apartments during the boom are now fining it harder to find that same work due to the lack of homes and apartments to build here and the sheer number of forclosures on the market here.

Yes, on both sides of the issue heated talk solves nothing, however it does make sense to enforce laws from both an economic standpoint and a safety standpoint. I find it a terrible shame that people would look the other way and allow licensed slavery in this nation when if we applied practical solutions to the issue then perhaps there wouldd be no need for court battles.

I could not agree more. Pagmatic solutions are necessary; too many times ideology prevents not only new ideas but also the debate on new ideas.

I guess the plan worked though, over 100k illegals already left the state before it was even put into effect.

There is still the chance it will be overturned.

This is all part of the plan to make Hispanics think Obama is on their side.

He probably thought up the law. They are all
such liars.

This is bigger than Arizona. It's the dividing of or the union of Mexico and united states.

But we the people are merely pawns.

The ruling class has it all figured out already and will manipulate us like rats in a maze. Making us think our votes or opinions count.

Tthe "attrition through enforcement" experiment seems to be putting the economy of Arizona in the tank. Small businesses are failing, apartment complexes are emptying and the once red-hot housing market is now stone cold and filled by REO's and short sales.

Such is the consequence of emotion based populist politics, where personal ambition leads and critically thinking is absent; where governors and legislators act in their own self-interest and where ideology rules and pragmatic solutions die.
Ya' mean like the emotion based populist politics of sanctuary cities, where personal ambition leads and critically thinking is absent; where mayors and city councils act in their own self-interest and where ideology rules and pragmatic solutions die?

I'll give the same answer I gave in another thread to your post Wry, Our state's economy , especially the housing market has collapsed as a result of the financial crisis. Those same homes and apartments you were speaking of were for the most part built with the use of cheap illegal labor. With the lack of new homes and apartments being built the construction trades suffer and those needed to staff it , namely those same illegal Aliens.

It makes complete sense to enforce immigration laws, for economic reasons and safety reasons, more so than to ignore them and use resources in a court room that would be better used in finding solutions to this issue.

AZ discriminates against legal citizens plain and simple.

Why should any legal citizen show any ID? If I were in AZ I'd enter a Federal building, refuse to show papers then sue for discrimination.

Goose meet gander

Last edited:
Yes, the Judge, as liberal judges often do, went the PC route instead of concluding that the AZ law offers nothing that is not already in Federal law--you know, the Federal law that the Feds won't seriously enforce.

So hopefully the next step is an appeal to a higher court all the way to the SCOTUS. And the sooner the better.

I've been reading though that Arizona will request the Judge revisit the case and will bring new ammunition to that process. Since it was a block and not a ruling of being unconstitutional, that is a possibility still.

Last edited:

Ya' mean like the emotion based populist politics of sanctuary cities, where personal ambition leads and critically thinking is absent; where mayors and city councils act in their own self-interest and where ideology rules and pragmatic solutions die?

Exactly. Laws should make sense and be enforced. Emotion, bias, prejudice ought not influence legislators, locally or nationally. Sadly it does.
BTW, many 'sanctuaries' are churches - do you have an opinion on that activity?
[btw, what happended to the Dodgers? Hopefully they can cool SD and by next WE the Giants wil be where they belong, on top in the West].

How astute!

AZ is the only state with "small businesses are failing, apartment complexes are emptying and the once red-hot housing market is now stone cold and filled by REO's and short sales." Why didn't anyone else see it?

Freddo Corleone has nothing on you! You're smart! Not like everyone says, like dumb!

Do you want respect too Wry for being so astute?

I'll give the same answer I gave in another thread to your post Wry, Our state's economy , especially the housing market has collapsed as a result of the financial crisis. Those same homes and apartments you were speaking of were for the most part built with the use of cheap illegal labor. With the lack of new homes and apartments being built the construction trades suffer and those needed to staff it , namely those same illegal Aliens.

It makes complete sense to enforce immigration laws, for economic reasons and safety reasons, more so than to ignore them and use resources in a court room that would be better used in finding solutions to this issue.

Again, I agree. The solution lies somewhere between 1070 and Amnesty, but politics, prejudice and emotion (as well as personal ambition) interfere.

And why would you care if the "experiment" seems to be putting the economy of Arizona in the tank?

After all, you're one of the loons who was so vociferously advocating a boycott that would put the economy of Arizona in the tank. Where small businesses would fail. Apartments would empty and the once red hot housing market would go stone cold resulting in REO's and short sales.

Ya' should be celebrating, ya' hypocritical liberal loon!

Christ, liberals are fucking idiots!:cuckoo:

The federal judge is wrong. Another example of the dimwits using the courts to legislate. Arizona should ignore the judges ruling based on it is stupid.

The part of the law regarding the mandate that officers determine if a person is in Arizona/America legally has been stayed. However, it does not stop officers from doing so voluntarily or by department orders. The Sheriffs in counties along the border are extremely disappointed in this ruling and are disappointed at the complete lack of care and effort by the Obama Administration to stop the flow of illegals into America.

Today is the lighting of the fuse of the American Revolution Ver2. 80% of Americans support the law as written. 80% of Americans are fed up with the porous border allowing illegals to come into America, eating up our tax dollars, distributing drugs, killing Americans, raping Americans, kidnapping Americans, destroying America.

In November, the progressives will be thrown out of Congress. My only fear is the rumor going around DC comes true, that the lame-duck liberals and Obama will conspire to pass legislation to give all 20 million illegals complete amnesty. If today lit the fuse, that action will explode America into chaos. Americans will revolt and take back control of America. Perhaps the amnesty is what is needed to rid America of the progressive plot once and for all. Because right now, the progressives are "nudging" along.

Forum List

Back