Judge blocks parts of Arizona immigration law

Judge blocks parts of Arizona immigration law - Yahoo! News

PHOENIX – A federal judge on Wednesday blocked the most controversial parts of Arizona's immigration law from taking effect, delivering a last-minute victory to opponents of the crackdown.

The overall law will still take effect Thursday, but without the provisions that angered opponents — including sections that required officers to check a person's immigration status while enforcing other laws.

The judge also put on hold parts of the law that required immigrants to carry their papers at all times, and made it illegal for undocumented workers to solicit employment in public places.

I am still not sure how I feel about this law, but if an officer can not check a person's immigration status while enforcing other laws, what good is this law?

Immie

The judge issued a temporary injunction preventing the law from going into effect at midnight tonight.

As a side issue, the "attrition through enforcement" experiment seems to be putting the economy of Arizona in the tank. Small businesses are failing, apartment complexes are emptying and the once red-hot housing market is now stone cold and filled by REO's and short sales.

Such is the consequence of emotion based populist politics, where personal ambition leads and critically thinking is absent, and where governors and legislators put ideology before people.

Last edited:
The judges ruling was more or less a washing of the hands of the issue, but the stay was on making it a requirement to check status. However that does not mean an officer cannot check status if that person has not been arrested, if this was so then the entire ICE database that the Federal Govt. shares with state and local law enforcement would have to be dismantled. The other portion that was stayed was the portion that required documentation. Basically SB-1070 has been rendered mute as a result of this of this stay for the time being leaving Arizona back where it started, where the Federal Govt. looks the other way, while the drugs, traffic in human beings, murder, and American job loss continues.

Obama-and-Illegal-Aliens.jpg

Tthe "attrition through enforcement" experiment seems to be putting the economy of Arizona in the tank. Small businesses are failing, apartment complexes are emptying and the once red-hot housing market is now stone cold and filled by REO's and short sales.

Such is the consequence of emotion based populist politics, where personal ambition leads and critically thinking is absent; where governors and legislators act in their own self-interest and where ideology rules and pragmatic solutions die.

The judge ruled that there can be no limit placed on how many invaders an American can shoot crossing illegally into the US. The "five Mexican limit" is now lifted and all Americans can enjoy flooding the streets with salsa.

And in addition, the new Rodney King rule encourages police officers to use their batons to beat the crap out of invaders before taking them into custody. This will send a clear message to third world monkeys out to live off of American taxpayers.

If only Lord if only......!

I can see tank is going to contribute useful and well thought out responses

I guess the plan worked though, over 100k illegals already left the state before it was even put into effect.

Tthe "attrition through enforcement" experiment seems to be putting the economy of Arizona in the tank. Small businesses are failing, apartment complexes are emptying and the once red-hot housing market is now stone cold and filled by REO's and short sales.

Such is the consequence of emotion based populist politics, where personal ambition leads and critically thinking is absent; where governors and legislators act in their own self-interest and where ideology rules and pragmatic solutions die.

Wry, I have news for you, our economy has been in the tank and with the collapse of the Housing Market those illegal Aliens that were used as a cheap source of labor to build all those homes and apartments during the boom are now fining it harder to find that same work due to the lack of homes and apartments to build here and the sheer number of forclosures on the market here.

Yes, on both sides of the issue heated talk solves nothing, however it does make sense to enforce laws from both an economic standpoint and a safety standpoint. I find it a terrible shame that people would look the other way and allow licensed slavery in this nation when if we applied practical solutions to the issue then perhaps there wouldd be no need for court battles.

Forum List

Back