Judge Bans Use Of “Illegal” and “Aliens”

Vel

Platinum Member
Oct 30, 2008
Tennessee
Thu, 11/06/2008 - 17:10 — Judicial Watch Blog
Arizona’s Supreme Court chief justice has agreed to enforce the Hispanic Bar Association’s demands of banning the terms “illegal” and “aliens” in all of the state’s courtrooms.
Claiming that the terms are inflammatory, the president of Arizona’s Hispanic Bar Association, (known as Los Abogados) has asked state Supreme Court Chief Justice Ruth McGregor to stop using them at trials or hearings because they create perceptions of judicial bias.

Judge Bans Use Of ?Illegal? and ?Aliens? | Judicial Watch

Arizona’s Supreme Court chief justice has agreed to enforce the Hispanic Bar Association’s demands of banning the terms “illegal” and “aliens” in all of the state’s courtrooms.
Claiming that the terms are inflammatory, the president of Arizona’s Hispanic Bar Association, (known as Los Abogados) has asked state Supreme Court Chief Justice Ruth McGregor to stop using them at trials or hearings because they create perceptions of judicial bias.

so are we going to use 'wetbacks' again or what ? :lol:

Since it was the Federal Government who coined the terms, "illegal alien" and 'Anchor baby". Maybe they should ban the Federal Government.

"An illegal alien is a person who is in the United States in violation of U.S. immigration laws. Such a person may have entered illegally—that is, without Immigration and Naturalization Service inspection (undocumented) or using fraudulent documentation—or legally under a nonimmigrant visa or other temporary condition and subsequently violated the terms of the visa or other terms of entry."

SOURCE:

United States General Accounting Office (GAO)
Page 1.
http://www.gao.gov/archive/1998/he98030.pdf

Last edited:
so are we going to use 'wetbacks' again or what ? :lol:

Bawhahaha! Even LBJ and JFK called them wetbacks. Go figure....

BRING BACK IKE!

1954, President Dwight Eisenhower deported 1.3 million Mexican nationals (called ‘Operation Wetback’) in order that returning American WWII and Korean veterans had a better chance at jobs.

OperationWetback.jpg

IKE didn't fool around with them he deported their Anchor Babies too!

Last edited:

Um, they're here illegally, and they are aliens, what are we suppose to call them immigrants? That's an insult to the legal immigrants.

I'll bet there are a bunch of Guantanamo "detainees" (a.k.a. "terrorists") praying they land in this yahoo's court.

I like the term "Fraudulently Documented Invaders."

HAHAHA...

This bunch of patriotic clowns never fails to crack me up...

If acurate terminology was so damn important in the US the "Texan Revolution" would be called the "Texas Landgrab" and "Texas hero" S. Austin would be known as "the lowlife scumbag traitor who spent two decades in Mexico City kissing tons of Mexican asses before stabbing "his new country" in the back" he really was.

José;890691 said:
HAHAHA...

This bunch of patriotic clowns never fails to crack me up...

If acurate terminology was so damn important in the US the "Texan Revolution" would be called the "Texas Landgrab" and "Texas hero" S. Austin would be known as "the lowlife scumbag traitor who spent two decades in Mexico City kissing tons of Mexican asses before stabbing "his new country" in the back" he really was.

I can accept that---now get these wetbacks outta here.

Sorry folks but that story is not exactly true. The Arizona Supreme Court sent a letter making recommendations and did not issue ANY orders to ban the use of any terms in the courtroom. The Chief Justice of the Arizona Supreme Court, head clerk was on KFYI today and stated that the court issued no such order and under Arizona law could not issue such an order , but the Justice was making a recommendation and responding to the requests made by a local hispanic legal group. Judicial Watch is completely wrong in this matter and the use of the term "illegal alien" has not been banned in any Arizona Courtroom.

Sorry folks but that story is not exactly true. The Arizona Supreme Court sent a letter making recommendations and did not issue ANY orders to ban the use of any terms in the courtroom. The Chief Justice of the Arizona Supreme Court, head clerk was on KFYI today and stated that the court issued no such order and under Arizona law could not issue such an order , but the Justice was making a recommendation and responding to the requests made by a local hispanic legal group. Judicial Watch is completely wrong in this matter and the use of the term "illegal alien" has not been banned in any Arizona Courtroom.

Gee, I feel so much better.

This is a great board, I am seeing many familiar S/N's from the old "immigration debate" board. Damn, that still angers me the way AOL shut that board down. Any, it's odd AOL just killed off yet another board dealing with a related issue. That whole format will soon be toast, so I hear. Good, they are like that dumbass judge that thinks they can control the issue by either banning words or deleting chat sites they find "offensive".

Forum List

Back