Judas Iscariot = civic minded champion?

Yes, absolutely nuckin futz, in a world where Jesus eaters are considered dedicated holy men.

Aside from that if anyone wearing robes chanting and burning incense offers you wine and crackers,

JUST SAY NO. .... 30 pieces of silver ain't worth it....

Unless, of course, you would like to be walking around like a corpse for decades...
So I’m not already a corpse? Cool! Thanks for clearing that up.

Oh, C'mon now Taz, you can be honest...we're all friends here...

Didn't some brazen sanctimonious priest make you get down on your knees to shove the flesh of God down your throat when you were a just a tender and supple lad?

Yes?

Then you have been dead for a very very long time...Murdered by a ghoul. The power of death consequent to defying the law of God is extremely effective.

Many never recover.

Some people under the power of death are so far gone they don't even have an inkling how bizarre and demonic it looks to the immune for them to be at mass every week 'celebrating' the torture and death of Jesus, even after they read about what happened during the last supper according to the gospel of John a million times.

"As soon as Judas received the bread, Satan entered him."
Do you really believe all that stuff you read your Big Book of Fiction, or are you just pulling my legs? Because they're starting to hurt. :biggrin:

You can't believe everything you read taz, but if you understand what you read, whats not to believe?

But no, I am not fooling around. I've already had more fun than anyone has a right to..

The truth, the very truth, is that you died a very long time ago; murdered by a ghoul. So taz it really doesn't matter how old you are or how messed up your body is.

As long as you have a body you have a chance to be healed and become whole before you face eternity all scattered and agitated like the scarecrow whose guts have been ripped out by flying monkeys...

Try not to fuck it up.

I read in the paper once about a Hell's Angel who was given a church service and burial. So they asked the priest how they could give a murderer, drug dealer... a church ceremony... So the priest said something to the effect that the guy MAY have repented a nano second before he died.

I'm going with that. :biggrin:

lol.... When Jesus was baptized by John as a token of repentance for the forgiveness of sins, heaven opened up to him, he rose from the dead and began to bodily ascend into heaven but he didn't stop eating and drinking and partying with sinners and prostitutes or keeping "bad company"...

When the pharisees questioned Jesus about why he was giving them a hard time but whooping it up with those types of people he said, "It is not the healthy who need a doctor, but the sick." According to Jesus, the people who were reviled as sinners by the pharisees were not sick, the pharisees were..

Put that in your pipe and smoke it kemosabe.

Last edited:
So I’m not already a corpse? Cool! Thanks for clearing that up.

Didn't some brazen sanctimonious priest make you get down on your knees to shove the flesh of God down your throat when you were a just a tender and supple lad?

Yes?

Then you have been dead for a very very long time...Murdered by a ghoul. The power of death consequent to defying the law of God is extremely effective.

Many never recover.

Some people under the power of death are so far gone they don't even have an inkling how bizarre and demonic it looks to the immune for them to be at mass every week 'celebrating' the torture and death of Jesus, even after they read about what happened during the last supper according to the gospel of John a million times.

Do you really believe all that stuff you read your Big Book of Fiction, or are you just pulling my legs? Because they're starting to hurt. :biggrin:

You can't believe everything you read taz, but if you understand what you read, whats not to believe?

But no, I am not fooling around. I've already had more fun than anyone has a right to..

The truth, the very truth, is that you died a very long time ago; murdered by a ghoul. So taz it really doesn't matter how old you are or how messed up your body is.

As long as you have a body you have a chance to be healed and become whole before you face eternity all scattered and agitated like the scarecrow whose guts have been ripped out by flying monkeys...

Try not to fuck it up.

I read in the paper once about a Hell's Angel who was given a church service and burial. So they asked the priest how they could give a murderer, drug dealer... a church ceremony... So the priest said something to the effect that the guy MAY have repented a nano second before he died.

lol.... When Jesus was baptized by John as a token of repentance for the forgiveness of sins, heaven opened up to him, he rose from the dead and began to bodily ascend into heaven but he didn't stop eating and drinking and partying with sinners and prostitutes or keeping "bad company"...

When the pharisees questioned Jesus about why he was giving them a hard time but whooping it up with those types of people he said, "It is not the healthy who need a doctor, but the sick." According to Jesus, the people who were reviled as sinners by the pharisees were not sick, the pharisees were..

The Hell's Angel wasn't sick, he was dead. Please try again. Preferably with a more believable story. Perhaps one that can be backed up properly?

Yes?

Many never recover.

Try not to fuck it up.

The Hell's Angel wasn't sick, he was dead. Please try again. Preferably with a more believable story. Perhaps one that can be backed up properly?

Why don';t you come up with a story that is more than just a priests wishful thinking?

Try not to fuck it up.

Why don';t you come up with a story that is more than just a priests wishful thinking?

Because that's all the priest has is wishful thinking? :dunno:

Try not to fuck it up.

Damn, those flying monkeys really did a number on you...

So it's ok to repent a nano second before I die? Or was the priest lying?

The priest was lying.

Pretending to be sorry for things that aren't sins a nano second before you die isn't a very intelligent strategy...

The priest was lying.
So how soon before I die is it acceptable to repent? What's the cut-off limit?

The priest was lying.

How soon before you die is it acceptable to repent?

As soon as you understand the difference between what is sinful and what is not.

Its about what you do a nanosecond after that whether you die in the same day or in two or ten or fifty years.

Last edited:

The priest was lying.

As soon as you understand the difference between what is sinful and what is not.

Its about what you do a nanosecond after that whether you die in the same day or in two or ten or fifty years.
So I can repent on my deathbed?

The priest was lying.

If understanding is a prerequisite, things don't look very promising for you.

Maybe you shouldn't be wasting anymore time humping kangaroos in public Captain?

Hello?

Last edited:
The priest was lying.

Maybe you shouldn't be wasting anymore time humping kangaroos in public Captain?

Hello?
So dumb people can't get into heaven? Just smart guys like you? :biggrin:

The priest was lying.

Hello?

Well, yes, exactly.

Entering the kingdom of Heaven is as easy or as difficult as it may be for a person to be honest with themselves and others..

Continuing to be a dickwad with whats left of your time on earth isn't exactly a sign of intelligence.

Hello?

Well, yes, exactly.

Entering the kingdom of Heaven is as easy or as difficult as it may be for a person to be honest with themselves and others..

Continuing to be a dickwad with whats left of your time on earth isn't exactly a sign of intelligence.
So being not that smart gets you an automatic ticket to hell? That seems kind of arbitrary. There are a lot of really nice, honest dumb people.

Hello?

Well, yes, exactly.

So being not that smart gets you an automatic ticket to hell? That seems kind of arbitrary. There are a lot of really nice, honest dumb people.

Being honest is not being dumb. Being dumb would be being dishonest, like being blind but claiming to see or acting stupid when you aren't or pretending that you don't understand something when you do.

Hello?

Well, yes, exactly.

Being honest is not being dumb. Being dumb would be being dishonest, like being blind but claiming to see or acting stupid when you aren't or pretending that you don't understand something when you do.
Are you trying to say that I see god but are pretending not to just for some chuckles?

Okay, so the bread, the flesh, although sacrificial, is not the life.

I said nothing about the flesh being sacrificial. The flesh of Jesus is a metaphor for teaching from God, a body of teaching that came to Jesus like manna from heaven, the preexisting metaphor, and became his flesh, teaching, given for the life of the world.

But how does this lead to prompting Satan to enter judas at that point?

"This, he told me, is the curse which goes out over the whole land; for by the writing on one side every thief shall be swept clean away. And by the writing on the other side, every perjurer shall be swept clean away.

I have sent it out, the Lord of Hosts has said, and it shall enter the house of the thief and the house of the man who has perjured himself in my name.

It shall stay inside that house and demolish it, timbers and stones and all."

Okay I tried but I guess I still don't get it. How did judas perjure himself in Jesus' name or stole?

Okay, so the bread, the flesh, although sacrificial, is not the life.

I said nothing about the flesh being sacrificial. The flesh of Jesus is a metaphor for teaching from God, a body of teaching that came to Jesus like manna from heaven, the preexisting metaphor, and became his flesh, teaching, given for the life of the world.

But how does this lead to prompting Satan to enter judas at that point?

"This, he told me, is the curse which goes out over the whole land; for by the writing on one side every thief shall be swept clean away. And by the writing on the other side, every perjurer shall be swept clean away.

I have sent it out, the Lord of Hosts has said, and it shall enter the house of the thief and the house of the man who has perjured himself in my name.

It shall stay inside that house and demolish it, timbers and stones and all."

Okay I tried but I guess I still don't get it. How did judas perjure himself in Jesus' name or stole?

Let me put it this way. Jesus taught a new more rational way to understand and conform to divine law that fulfills the promise of eternal life here on earth that had been lost to time ever since the death of Moses. It was a revelation from God that was like teaching a new language. Comprehension has visible impossible to fake results. Obviously, the teacher would know who was only pretending to understand.

Judas condemned himself to destruction as soon as he decided to condemn Jesus by betraying him.

What did Jesus say was the only unforgivable sin?

Condemning teaching from God as evil, which is essentially what Judas did by betraying Jesus and siding with the people who accused Jesus of being possessed by an evil spirit..

Last edited:
Does Judas Iscariot, the betrayer the Jesus, play the role of champion of civic duty?
No..

An interesting thing to note is that unlike in the other gospels the only person that Jesus gives bread to during the last supper according to the gospel of John is Judas, as a way for Jesus to surreptitiously identify his betrayer to the faithful.

And, according to the story, as soon as Judas received the bread, Satan entered him.. John 13:27

What does that tell you?

I know that when Satan enters you, it takes over your thinking processes. But it would be better if you explained a little more why your answer is a no. To me it looks like Judas did what every person would do who has a strong sense of civic duty.
If what Judas did was civic minded, then why did he hang himself?

If what Judas did was civic minded, then why did he hang himself?

Modern man thinks of a rope thrown over a tree limb when we hear about someone hanging himself. "Hanging" in Biblical times was more of being pierced through. Matthew says "hanged himself" and Acts adds the detail that he fell headlong, burst open in the middle, and his insides spilled out. Here we can picture a stake or branch of some kind that Judas got hung up on. He "hanged himself" as opposed to he was pushed or tripped by another person.

I've forgotten which book, but there is an account in the Old Testament where a piercing through was described as a hanging.

It could be that Judas' death was an accident. (Note, I am not arguing one way or the other, simply presenting information.)

Forum List

Back