Juan Williams: Press Aren't Treating Obama Like a Politician

Philobeado

Gold Member
Apr 8, 2009
Gulf of Mexico Coast, Texas
For the second time in less than 48 hours, NPR's Juan Williams accused the press of not doing their job in properly reporting the deeds and doings of America's new President Barack Obama.

Having accused the news media of "kowtowing to the Obama administration" during Friday's "Special Report" on FNC, Williams went even further on Sunday's "Fox News Sunday" (h/t Jennifer Rubin):

[W]hat really, you know, strikes me is the celebrity nature of the treatment, the coverage of him as a celebrity versus the policy-maker...So you know, the problem here is he's not being treated as a politician. The press is not being sufficiently adversarial, which is its role, to hold him accountable.

What follows is an embedded video of this entire extremely candid discusion of the press's abdication of journalistic integrity along with a transcript:
Juan Williams: Press Aren't Treating Obama Like a Politician | NewsBusters.org

Juan Williams--a black man--& a democrat commentator on FOX news couldn't be more correct.

CNN--ABC-NBC-MSNBC--& CBS all treat Barack Obama like he just won American Idol. He is treated more like a rock star than a POTUS by the media. In fact, it's astounding.

Juan Williams--a black man--& a democrat commentator on FOX news couldn't be more correct.

CNN--ABC-NBC-MSNBC--& CBS all treat Barack Obama like he just won American Idol. He is treated more like a rock star than a POTUS by the media. In fact, it's astounding.

And dangerous...

The media treats Obama as a god because he's the first black president and he's somewhere to the left of Che Guevara. None of this should come as a surprise. I barely pay attention to the doings of the administration because I figure it's all bad... wake me if he does anything for whites.

Wake me up the minute he does something that will benefit all Americans regardless of skin color.

The welfare state doesn't benefit blacks it castrates them.

Forum List

Back