Journalists fired! Time to learn to code.

You saying something is not true, doesn't make it not true.

The steel production, and cement production is heavily dependent on coal. Sure, heat can be generated also by natural gas, which is easier to transport and burn, but technology for consistent combustion is not there yet.

The steel and cement production require higher radiative heat transfer that coal provides. Natural gas simply doesn't have that because of sharper burning characteristics and also lacks dissipation of heat.

I do automation and process control, and I've been involved with numerous projects of setting out automotive ovens, air supply houses, steel heat treatment processes, with experience that got me to one of four test projects (that are offered and I know of) in attempts to convert coal to natural gas. None of them proved consistent trend in production and wend back to design table.

But hey, what do I know, you... the expert, are saying it's not true.

How hot is needed for cement again? 30K degrees?

I am not chemistry guy, I am an engineer. :D

Our goal was to provide heat consistency on 3000 deg Celsius, but I think kiln require to be heated to about half of that.

I just read 2700, but I think they go to 3000 here, makes it stronger.

Thats about right, 3000 C is around 5400 F, take half from it... :113:

The hotter the kiln, the stronger the bond.

I'm sure there are variations of cement with different ingredients used for various purposes. But that's chemistry, and not my field.

My job was process control that require consistency and burning natural gas is intrinsically unstable. To be honest, I didn't even know at first what those burners would be used on, my job was to maintain given temperature profiles while obtaining certain burning conditions. Along with control, there were others working on solutions for lowest energy consumption possible for certain temps, and staying within constraints of regulations for amount of air in the exhaust gasses, emissions etc.

None of the tests at the time I was involved proved consistency and that natural gas could replace coal completely. The company I was involved with is working on hybrids with other alternative fuels, so I heard.

Now I need JoeB131 to tell me it's not true, and that he knows better.

Last edited:
Twitter is banning people who are telling laid-off "journalist" to "learn to code".

The hypocrites are treating it as "abusive behavior" and is a violation of Twitter's Terms of Service.

It wasn't abusive when workers in other industries were losing their jobs and were getting the same advice from said journalists.

Well, no, in those cases it was good advice. There's really no future in working in a coal mine or steel mill, those jobs are increasingly automated.

In 2016, I visited a bunch of corrugated plants in Texas. Every last one them was fully automated.

Now, the fact that we are losing our journalistic outlets is kind of a bad thing. Democracy can only function with an informed populace, and when you replace professional journalists with guys living in their mothers basements retweeting whatever they are making up in the Russian Troll farms, we really do have a problem.

The liberal media Bull Shit Factory is the real problem.

How hot is needed for cement again? 30K degrees?

I am not chemistry guy, I am an engineer. :D

Our goal was to provide heat consistency on 3000 deg Celsius, but I think kiln require to be heated to about half of that.

I just read 2700, but I think they go to 3000 here, makes it stronger.

Thats about right, 3000 C is around 5400 F, take half from it... :113:

The hotter the kiln, the stronger the bond.

I'm sure there are variations of cement with different ingredients used for various purposes. But that's chemistry, and not my field.

My job was process control that require consistency and burning natural gas is intrinsically unstable. To be honest, I didn't even know at first what those burners would be used on, my job was to maintain given temperature profiles while obtaining certain burning conditions. Along with control, there were others working on solutions for lowest energy consumption possible for certain temps, and staying within constraints of regulations for amount of air in the exhaust gasses, emissions etc.

None of the tests at the time I was involved proved consistency and that natural gas could replace coal completely. The company I was involved with is working on hybrids with other alternative fuels, so I heard.

Now I need JoeB131 to tell me it's not true, and that he knows better.

I wouldn't count him out just yet.

It wasn't advice, it was mockery, insult to old generation whose jobs were vanishing.

I am one of those guys who design, program and start up "fully" automated factories and in direct contact with people that are being replaced with robots and automation. Not all lose jobs, many got trained for new jobs, some retire, and some unfortunately are too old and incapable to learn new trade, even less capable to learn programming.

Well, if you think that is OK to tell "learn to code" to these oldtimers, than it's perfectly OK to tell the same thing to everyone else, including bloggers and quasi journalists.

Except we still need journalists.

We don't need coal miners.

Guess what Dumb Ass….

You use electricity don’t you…..

It wasn't advice, it was mockery, insult to old generation whose jobs were vanishing.

I am one of those guys who design, program and start up "fully" automated factories and in direct contact with people that are being replaced with robots and automation. Not all lose jobs, many got trained for new jobs, some retire, and some unfortunately are too old and incapable to learn new trade, even less capable to learn programming.

Well, if you think that is OK to tell "learn to code" to these oldtimers, than it's perfectly OK to tell the same thing to everyone else, including bloggers and quasi journalists.

Guess what Dumb Ass….

Journalists don't use mechanical typewriters anymore, either. :eek:

Sorry not pressing your click bait...

But lets point out that you are proposing InfoWars over actual real Journalism... So you prefer to be lied and fed your ego rather than actually face the truth..

Pretty sad life you lead...

Where did I propose infowars? To think of it yes, they seem to be more credible than these professional liars.

Stick with the topic or get out of here.

I always laugh when Trump supporters complain about anyone lying or not being believabel.

What part of what the MSM says about Trump isn't true? He is a liar. He's incompetent. He has surrounded himself with other crooks and liars. He ignores the people who are sworn to protect the country and believes those who want to destroy it.

You are dumber than a bag of dog shit….

Are you totally ignorant of the Banana Republic

Tactics used by your side to try and

Overturn An American Election?

Face the Facts….

Trump stuck it up you libtards ass because

he is smarter than you….

The Truth will come out….

Looking forward to TRUMP SPANKING your Asses

Again in 2020. :fu:

Guess what Dumb Ass….

Journalists don't use mechanical typewriters anymore, either. :eek:

And to add, neither do soldiers use muskets. :)

Again, as Upton Sinclair observed, you can't get a man to understand a problem if his paycheck is dependent on him NOT understanding it.

There is no benefit to coal that outweighs the damage it is doing to the planet. PERIOD.

Again, as Upton Sinclair observed, you can't get a man to understand a problem if his paycheck is dependent on him NOT understanding it.

I see you like, fiction. Also, my paycheck doesn't depend on the problem you're insinuating.

There is no benefit to coal that outweighs the damage it is doing to the planet. PERIOD.

Now you're dodging.

We're not talking about benefit / damage to the planet.

We're talking about need for coal and coal mining and why it cannot be replaced, at least not with technologies and resources we have at our disposal today.

Now you're dodging.

We're talking about need for coal and coal mining and why it cannot be replaced, at least not with technologies and resources we have at our disposal today.

Yeah, we kind of are... The thing is, we could end Coal. Quickly. Technology is there. We just refuse to do it. Too much money being made...

So a clown like Trump can promise the inbreds their jobs are coming back, but they aren't.

Now you're dodging.

Yeah, we kind of are... The thing is, we could end Coal. Quickly. Technology is there. We just refuse to do it. Too much money being made...

So a clown like Trump can promise the inbreds their jobs are coming back, but they aren't.

I just explained to you over several posts that technology is not there and why is not there.

You're helpless, I'm done with you.

But lets point out that you are proposing InfoWars over actual real Journalism... So you prefer to be lied and fed your ego rather than actually face the truth..

Where did I propose infowars? To think of it yes, they seem to be more credible than these professional liars.

To find an enemy of the people you need go no further than your mirror!

My mirror is not an enemy of the people. Maybe you are confusing it with your mirror? Just because there it's that way doesn't mean the same is true here.

My mirror is not an enemy of the people. Maybe you are confusing it with your mirror? Just because there it's that way doesn't mean the same is true here.
Ya, we have this pesky thing around here called the constution and you are attcking it directly. So no, it is your mirror and we both know it. Dung is what you are.
PS
You do know what I think of you don't you.

Mass layoffs hitting the enemies of the people:

What do American patriots call the events?

A good start.

When American steel workers were getting fired as these journalists advanced globalism and the manufacturing industry being shipped to elsewhere, their response was to "cry more" and "learn to code".

Well that's it. Time to pick up the computers HuffPo feminists. I for one would seriously, seriously like to see these clueless morons attempt any logical activity - their brains will probably explode.

What's that "learn to code" thing??

Greg

Ya, we have this pesky thing around here called the constution and you are attcking it directly. So no, it is your mirror and we both know it. Dung is what you are.
PS
You do know what I think of you don't you.

I am attacking the constitution? I didn't realize it said that liars have a right to a job at propaganda rags. Which amendment is this?

Or are you protesting my right to free speech encouraging the reporters to learn to code?

A good start.

When American steel workers were getting fired as these journalists advanced globalism and the manufacturing industry being shipped to elsewhere, their response was to "cry more" and "learn to code".

Well that's it. Time to pick up the computers HuffPo feminists. I for one would seriously, seriously like to see these clueless morons attempt any logical activity - their brains will probably explode.

Greg

It means write computer programming for a living instead. Don't worry about it, the auther of the op is an idiot and a traitor.

A good start.

Greg

It means write computer programming for a living instead. Don't worry about it, the auther of the op is an idiot and a traitor.

That's leftist speak for "White American productive Male, who happens to be heterosexual".

Forum List

Back