Joni Mitchel, Neil Young and Spotify

We all know about the big hubbub, aging boomer musicians urging censorship. I love Neil and Joni, I listen to Rogan too. WHY can't we have ALL three?
It is sad how some of the artists responsible for the greatest music era in world history turned out to be commies who never grew up. I've written off dozens of these artists over the years. I dumped my collection of Pink Floyd Cds in the trash a couple years ago because of Waters, and I've got no problem trashing the CDs of these two commies.

I was shocked by it, and his laughing about it. :(

I just did an internet search so I could PM you a link in case someone had called him out over it, but it flew under the radar.

The film is "Neil Young Journeys" and it's fascinating; he makes the revelation in the first half hour IIRC.
THE Only revelation anyone with half a brain tied
behind their back need is the actual puffy face of Young.
I mean,talk about looking like shit.
I guess that's what shit-faced is supposed to look like.

Is that some Al Sharpton or Jessie Jackson theorem.
How did that work out for Don Imus.Over use of a word.
Imus personally apologized for using,Even apologized
personally on the Al Sharpton show.When he was small potaotes on some AM radio format.
In fact,Imus apologizing to Al Sharpton,gave that
thug,exploited room to Demand Imus get taken off
the radio.The same Fat Slob Sharpton who had his
contingent of mouthy supporters show up outside
the Courthouse of the Central Park Five case.
Yelling out with his bullhorn calling the Victim a
" Whore " and her Husband/Boyfriend did it. ".
Which has what to do with anything?

It is sad how some of the artists responsible for the greatest music era in world history turned out to be commies who never grew up. I've written off dozens of these artists over the years. I dumped my collection of Pink Floyd Cds in the trash a couple years ago because of Waters, and I've got no problem trashing the CDs of these two commies.
So they boycott something and that makes them commies in your book? What a nutter.

The

They paved Paradise and put up a Parking Lot, Court and Spark, Raised on Robbery.
When I look at my albums from this era, it brings back lots of great memories, lots of beautiful women, and lots of partying. Those were great times, but I realize that I was not actually awake yet during that time. I was still a lefty. Realizing that I was still a lefty back in those days makes it a lot easier to close the door on that chapter of life and to all that great music. I didn't realize back then that the music and culture was the beginning of the collapse of western civilization, I just knew it made me feel as great as the booze, pussy, and weed did. I was a clueless commie back then, but I'm sure awake now. I'll be going through my CDs tomorrow...

So they boycott something and that makes them commies in your book? What a nutter.
You will never get it. Neil Young and Joni Mitchell will make you feel good forever.

Screenshot_20210506-074915_DuckDuckGo.jpg

To answer your question more directly, those two are fighting to deplatform somebody who they are intolerant of. I am against censorship, cancel culture, deplatforming, and other similar bigoted authoritarianism. As far as being commies, they have always been commies. Their intolerance is vile and disgusting.

To answer your question more directly, those two are fighting to deplatform somebody who they are intolerant of. I am against censorship, cancel culture, deplatforming, and other similar bigoted authoritarianism. As far as being commies, they have always been commies. Their intolerance is vile and disgusting.

Really? You are against censorship?

So you oppose all that Republican legislation banning teachers from discussing racial topics that might make people feel “uncomfortable” and legislation banning discussion of CRT in corporate training sessions?

Really? You are against censorship?

So you oppose all that Republican legislation banning teachers from discussing racial topics that might make people feel “uncomfortable” and legislation banning discussion of CRT in corporate training sessions?
that isn't what it does. You should be honest in your debate.

The legislation in question bans teachers from indoctrinating children with lies and stops them from mentally abusing them with notions that skin color is what makes your self-worth or lack of it.

Which has what to do with anything?
Yer loosey goosey attempts to justify boycotts.
Name for me One Conservative who has boycotted.
Plus puffy-faced Young is not Boycotting Spotify.
He is by extension issuing a threat.
Either eliminate { which is a ban } Joe Rogan or
I will leave Spotify.And take my fans with me,elsewhere.
Talk about a weenie.A Brat.A priviledged Musician brat
of the democrat persuation.
Or haven't you been paying attention to Hollywood
the last 2 decades.It's what those on the Left do.

that isn't what it does. You should be honest in your debate.

The legislation in question bans teachers from indoctrinating children with lies and stops them from mentally abusing them with notions that skin color is what makes your self-worth or lack of it.
CRT is Evil.For the most basic and easy to understand
reason.No one was ever born having any say about the
color of their skin OR Gender.
But Mommies do have a say about their fetus.
So then why do Black Females have 5 times the abortions
than White Females.
Considering the application of BlackLivesMatter.
Another Grand Mal lie.

I don't know why, but I can't help but think of what was said about Toby Keith and Reba McEntire by the fiddle playing member of the Dixie Chicks back in 2006 when I read about Neil and Joni.

“I’d rather have a small following of really cool people who get it, who will grow with us as we grow and are fans for life, than people that have us in their five-disc changer with Reba McEntire and Toby Keith. We don’t want those kinds of fans. They limit what you can do.”

God bless you and Toby and Reba always!!!

Holly

P.S. How much longer until the other people that I have mentioned here finally grow up or have their brain trains already done all of the travelling that can be done in their heads?

Free thinkers have been put down for years on end. Notice how authoritarians ban those types.
lol they're dopers and stoners.

'Free thinking' is not the same as addled idiotic blubbering like 8 year old Burb Brats who don't like spinach.

Do you think you might post a link to a time when Young has shown some integrity? I'd like to see that. You give these folk more credit than they deserve. They're nothing but little mini tyrants and this threat of his bit him in his butt. Spotify will do well for their decision. You're in the minority and America is so done with leftist liars.

They're spoiled self-indulgent little brats.

I don't know why, but I can't help but think of what was said about Toby Keith and Reba McEntire by the fiddle playing member of the Dixie Chicks back in 2006 when I read about Neil and Joni.

“I’d rather have a small following of really cool people who get it, who will grow with us as we grow and are fans for life, than people that have us in their five-disc changer with Reba McEntire and Toby Keith. We don’t want those kinds of fans. They limit what you can do.”

God bless you and Toby and Reba always!!!

Holly

P.S. How much longer until the other people that I have mentioned here finally grow up or have their brain trains already done all of the travelling that can be done in their heads?
All it takes is when a good portion of Americans
play at least once a month songs like :
- Just like them Horses - Reba
- Courtesy of the Red,White and Blue - Toby
Knowing what drives Americana and what made and
still makes this Country Great.
I mean,Country. Not Cities.Not Metropolis.
We may have lost those city's.Not because of any
Republican.Or definately not on account Conservatism.

All it takes is when a good portion of Americans
play at least once a month songs like :
- Just like them Horses - Reba
- Courtesy of the Red,White and Blue - Toby
Knowing what drives Americana and what made and
still makes this Country Great.
I mean,Country. Not Cities.Not Metropolis.
We may have lost those city's.Not because of any
Republican.Or definately not on account Conservatism.

Most real scholars will agree that urbanization is a big contributor to moral and intellectual rot and social decay.

Neil Young has a great song about the Kent State massacre.
They shot unarmed protesters and the Left made it a historical injustice.
But nowadays the Left doesn't care about the shooting of unarmed protesters.
They don't have any real principles because they are motivated by hate, not justice.

Forum List

Back